OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Black Series 6" Battle Droid

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Black Series 6" Battle Droid - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Series 6" Battle Droid Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:30 pm

doodlehobby

Stryker2011 wrote:What are the other ones, then? I’ve managed to block most of the prequels from my memory — aside from the truly silly and horrible stuff (R2 can fly, Vader made 3PO, and The Force is an STD).
LOL I can't recall much of the prequels either. Though I did love the battle droid design and its ridiculous AI personality. I think there were markings on droids to denote their function and rank like security droids or officers.

27Black Series 6" Battle Droid - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Series 6" Battle Droid Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:27 am

skywalkersaga

As far as I'm aware, like doodlehobby noted, these types of battle droids are often coloured based on the terrain they are deployed to, and in the Clone Wars animated series there are many additional colours that crop up as well. Sometimes, they also have patches of colour on them, like yellow or blue, which I believe matches whatever 'unit' they are in. On the Republic side, the Clones likewise have different coloured armour which sometimes changes depending on the terrain, as well as colours aligning with their legion or battalion. For instance, General Kenobi's 212th have orange-y yellow coloured stripes and markings on their armour, while General Skywalker's 501st have blue. The general 'Republic' troops that serve on Coruscant have red highlights on their armour, and so on.

There are SOOO many types of droids during this era and I find them all pretty fascinating! I also love how in the TCW series, Filoni made some of the tactical droids look and talk a bit like Cylons from the original Battlestar Galactica...such a delightful little reference. Smile

And on the rest of the subject....yeah, guys, I get it: people on this forum don't like the prequels. Razz But I don't think that fact needs to be a caveat in every single thread that happens to include something about them. I mean, my goodness, no one is going to view anyone here as 'lesser' for simply appreciating some minor aspect of the Prequels. Smile  On my part, I always run under the assumption that the majority here don't like them -- and that's fine with me, I'm used to it. I knew it before I even joined, and thus expected it from the start. Though, from my PoV, it is not necessary to reiterate it every time even the barest mention of the PT comes up....that just becomes tiresome, not to mention alienating. :/ And believe me, I get it -- as you are all well-aware, I loathe the so-called 'sequels' with a fiery passion, and do not consider them as part of the SW canon. When I first joined the forum, I mentioned this quite a lot because I was uncertain if I was going to be running into that kind of content here or not, and wanted to make sure that I could find ways of avoiding it in order to protect myself, as I find the sequels to be not merely annoying, but also an extremely emotionally distressing subject. At this point, I feel it's enough to just mention it in my signature, in hopes that people will respect my wishes to avoid content relating to those. So far, everyone has indeed been very respectful about it, for which I am thankful. : )

My personal view is that everyone should feel free to pick and choose what parts of SW they like and what they want to view as their own personal 'canon'. I come from a fandom background, where the attitude towards how people interact with the stories they enjoy is that people should 'ship and let ship', or in this case, 'fan and let fan'. Smile

Now, as is pretty obvious, I happen to love the Prequels. No... ADORE them. And especially the Clone Wars side of it. The Twilight of the Republic era is incredibly beautiful and moving to me, and is intrinsic to my entire understanding and appreciation of the SW verse. So much so, I feel quite strongly that the saga is incomplete without that half of the story. But I'm happy to leave those thoughts to myself, and to my fandom blog -- I'm not going to engage about the specific merits of the Prequels and that whole era here, as I do not wish to overshadow the point of scalawag's thread, which is to appreciate this particular aspect of it, at the very least. : )

28Black Series 6" Battle Droid - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Series 6" Battle Droid Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:01 am

doodlehobby

skywalkersaga wrote:As far as I'm aware, like doodlehobby noted, these types of battle droids are often coloured based on the terrain they are deployed to, and in the Clone Wars animated series there are many additional colours that crop up as well. Sometimes, they also have patches of colour on them, like yellow or blue, which I believe matches whatever 'unit' they are in. On the Republic side, the Clones likewise have different coloured armour which sometimes changes depending on the terrain, as well as colours aligning with their legion or battalion. For instance, General Kenobi's 212th have orange-y yellow coloured stripes and markings on their armour, while General Skywalker's 501st have blue. The general 'Republic' troops that serve on Coruscant have red highlights on their armour, and so on.

There are SOOO many types of droids during this era and I find them all pretty fascinating! I also love how in the TCW series, Filoni made some of the tactical droids look and talk a bit like Cylons from the original Battlestar Galactica...such a delightful little reference. Smile

And on the rest of the subject....yeah, guys, I get it: people on this forum don't like the prequels. Razz But I don't think that fact needs to be a caveat in every single thread that happens to include something about them. I mean, my goodness, no one is going to view anyone here as 'lesser' for simply appreciating some minor aspect of the Prequels. Smile  On my part, I always run under the assumption that everyone here doesn't like them -- and that's fine with me, I'm used to it. I knew it before I even joined, and thus expected it from the start. Though, from my PoV, it is not necessary to reiterate it every time even the barest mention of the PT comes up....that just becomes tiresome, not to mention alienating. :/ And believe me, I get it -- as you are all well-aware, I loathe the so-called 'sequels' with a fiery passion, and do not consider them as part of the SW canon. When I first joined the forum, I mentioned this quite a lot because I was uncertain if I was going to be running into that kind of content here or not, and wanted to make sure that I could find ways of avoiding it in order to protect myself, as I find the sequels to be not merely annoying, but also an extremely emotionally distressing subject. At this point, I feel it's enough to just mention it in my signature, in hopes that people will respect my wishes to avoid content relating to those. So far, everyone has indeed been very respectful about it, for which I am thankful. : )

My personal view is that everyone should feel free to pick and choose what parts of SW they like and what they want to view as their own personal 'canon'. I come from a fandom background, where the attitude towards how people interact with the stories they enjoy is that people should 'ship and let ship', or in this case, 'fan and let fan'. Smile

Now, as is pretty obvious, I happen to love the Prequels. No... ADORE them. And especially the Clone Wars side of it. The Twilight of the Republic era is incredibly beautiful and moving to me, and is intrinsic to my entire understanding and appreciation of the SW verse. So much so, I feel quite strongly that the saga is incomplete without that half of the story. But I'm happy to leave those thoughts to myself, and to my fandom blog -- I'm not going to engage about the specific merits of the Prequels and that whole era here, as I do not wish to overshadow the point of scalawag's thread, which is to appreciate this particular aspect of it, at the very least. : )
Thanks for the info.

I never mentioned I hated it. I honestly can't recall most of it as I've only seem it once when it first came out in theaters. I'm rather impartial to it. I much prefer the novel depictions of the clone wars (cloned jedi that went insane triggering the war). Of course that isn't canon anymore. LOL.

But back on the subject of the figure, I might troop build with the SHF geonosis version if I had the additional funds These can still be found in etailers at almost the same costs as the black series.

29Black Series 6" Battle Droid - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Series 6" Battle Droid Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:05 am

skywalkersaga

You're right doodlehobby -- I had checked as well, and the SHF Geonosis battle droids aren't really all that much different in cost from the Black Series at the moment, which is a bit surprising, but nice to know. Smile

30Black Series 6" Battle Droid - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Series 6" Battle Droid Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:21 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
@skywalkersaga, my apologies... Embarassed

I will grant that there was some cool stuff that came out of the prequels, like certain characters and these droids. If you haven’t seen Solo (the movie) — a certain character from the prequels makes a cameo in one of those credit scenes.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Black Series 6" Battle Droid - Page 2 C8485110

31Black Series 6" Battle Droid - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Series 6" Battle Droid Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:39 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's ok, Stryker, I get the need to rant now and then. ;p  Though I greatly appreciate your understanding. <3

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum