OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Empty Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:24 am

blackpool

blackpool
I've been rewatching that "Californication" tv show I like a lot, so I decided to give a try at the main character played by David Duchovny, as my agent mulder is currently waiting for Scully...

The show being mainly a comedy I edited my pictures with "faceapp" to give him a cool grin and some growing beard... Hope you'll like!

Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Image1%201

Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Image2

Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Image3

2Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Empty Re: Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:02 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
NICE!! I have yet to see that show, but I like what you’ve done here. Pretty cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) C8485110

3Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Empty Re: Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:17 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very well done as always, and very creative use of the app. I picked up the head and some of the pieces of the Mulder set, but haven't done much with them yet -- this is certainly inspiring, and that show had its moments. Perfect guests and background too. And don't let ReverendSpooky see it, but he has the same whiskey bottle as my figures do. Smile

4Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Empty Re: Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:27 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I haven't seen the show either, but very nice background, lighting, posing, and overall set-up in general. Not to mention fitting use of the app. ;D The little accessories especially help make it come to life. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

5Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Empty Re: Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:13 pm

PitViper

PitViper
This is AWESOME!!!!!!! Hank Moody is one of my all-time favorite antiheroes. I faithfully watched every episode of every season. Your rendition is sooooo cool. The headsculpt would benefit from longer hair but is still excellent. Way to go blackpool!!!

6Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Empty Re: Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:41 am

Peaches

Peaches
Great looking likeness!

7Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Empty Re: Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:03 pm

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Binge-watched Californication before, couldn't stop. Hank Moody is the man!
Really great job bringing him to 1/6 life!

8Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Empty Re: Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:49 pm

MerylAkiba

Absolutely love the smoke effect! Cool  and his playful coy smirk

9Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Empty Re: Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:53 am

blackpool

blackpool
Many thanks for the feedback ladies n gents! I didn't think it would get any echo as it's not a very famous tv show (even if very good) and Duchovny is one of these actors with a love/hate audience, some are big fans, some find him the worst actor ever, I personally love his humor and acting (and he is a talented guitar player out of acting), the show fits him perfectly.

skywalkersaga wrote:I haven't seen the show either, but very nice background, lighting, posing, and overall set-up in general. Not to mention fitting use of the app. ;D The little accessories especially help make it come to life. Smile

Thank you! I spend more and more time hunting little accessories, just last weekend I was in the "chinatown" area of Paris, I found some mini sculptures, vases, boxes, even a display shelf for miniatures that makes a perfect furniture in 1/6. I also support the girlfriend of a fellow toy photographer who makes very cool little items out of fimo paste, I recently bought a pizza with its box, a chicken bucket, and some other food items from her (she is @propsbyjasmine on instagram, her bf and her also have the @brokentulipdios account for their dioramas)

PitViper wrote:This is AWESOME!!!!!!!  Hank Moody is one of my all-time favorite antiheroes.  I faithfully watched every episode of every season.  Your rendition is sooooo cool.  The headsculpt would benefit from longer hair but is still excellent.  Way to go blackpool!!!

Thanks a lot @pitviper ! I loved that show just like you, it's in my all time top 5, so much humor, such a smart way to bring up both drama and comedy moments, and such a great cast!

I'm waiting for a retailer to part out this mulder to grab another head and rework the hair, fingers crossed!

10Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Empty Re: Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:26 am

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Oh man, dead on! I fell off the show a season or 2 in when I thought a lot about the tone and relationships seemed to have just changed between seasons. But Duchovny was a blast in it, and you really nailed the vibe of the show.

GubernatorFan wrote:And don't let ReverendSpooky see it, but he has the same whiskey bottle as my figures do. Smile

Don't any of our 1/6 figures have better taste in Whiskey!?! Lol. I just like being a jerk about whiskey, since I can be kinda a snob about it. I actually just ordered 4 of these bottles, although I plan on making some other labels so it won't be JD. They're actually all a bit under scale though! Looks great in any pics that either of you guys took, but it's more noticeable in hand. Still, I want to take a crack at making the stoppers removable on mine. I also ordered a whole set of "Gloria" liqueur bottles recently, that look pretty good, although I'll also need to make new labels, and they're oddly open on the bottom and hollow inside. Still, options.

11Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Empty Re: Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:05 pm

blackpool

blackpool
ReverendSpooky wrote:
Don't any of our 1/6 figures have better taste in Whiskey!?!  Lol.  I just like being a jerk about whiskey, since I can be kinda a snob about it.  I actually just ordered 4 of these bottles, although I plan on making some other labels so it won't be JD.  They're actually all a bit under scale though!  Looks great in any pics that either of you guys took, but it's more noticeable in hand.  Still, I want to take a crack at making the stoppers removable on mine.  I also ordered a whole set of "Gloria" liqueur bottles recently, that look pretty good, although I'll also need to make new labels, and they're oddly open on the bottom and hollow inside.  Still, options.

I can confirm they are way underscale, about the same height as my corona or heineken bottles, but the detail is nice so I couldn't pass, mainly for my jessica jones lol

Personally most of my bottles collection comes from commercial keychains, back in the sixties/seventies it was a very common advertisement item just as a pen. And most brands were doing a miniature of their products, some of them are a bit too big, but bottles are nearly all perfectly 1/6th scale... And guess what, back in those days, the quality and details were wayyyyy better!

here is one from my collection:

Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Porte-cle%20ancien%20bouteille%20de%20COINTREAU

Comparison pic, Walt is holding the JD whisky in his hands, the french Cointreau is sitting on the table...

Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Breakingbad_05

12Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Empty Re: Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:13 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Excellent keychain bottle. I wonder if these can still be found anywhere...

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) C8485110

13Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Empty Re: Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:48 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
blackpool wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:
Don't any of our 1/6 figures have better taste in Whiskey!?!  Lol.  I just like being a jerk about whiskey, since I can be kinda a snob about it.  I actually just ordered 4 of these bottles, although I plan on making some other labels so it won't be JD.  They're actually all a bit under scale though!  Looks great in any pics that either of you guys took, but it's more noticeable in hand.  Still, I want to take a crack at making the stoppers removable on mine.  I also ordered a whole set of "Gloria" liqueur bottles recently, that look pretty good, although I'll also need to make new labels, and they're oddly open on the bottom and hollow inside.  Still, options.

I can confirm they are way underscale, about the same height as my corona or heineken bottles, but the detail is nice so I couldn't pass, mainly for my jessica jones lol

Personally most of my bottles collection comes from commercial keychains, back in the sixties/seventies it was a very common advertisement item just as a pen. And most brands were doing a miniature of their products, some of them are a bit too big, but bottles are nearly all perfectly 1/6th scale... And guess what, back in those days, the quality and details were wayyyyy better!

Those are SO NICE!!!! Jealous, and will have to keep on the look out. Frustrating that they all have the hole for the keychain part.

And yeah, JJ gets a pass drinking JD. She's a drunk, not a connoisseur.

Also, I did successfully make a removable top to 1 of my bottles this weekend. Looks good, and I'll have to get some pics.

14Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Empty Re: Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:42 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Nice one!

Is that the Threezero Mulder, if it is it looks better than I thought in terms of general likeness.

CHEERS!

15Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Empty Re: Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:13 pm

blackpool

blackpool
ReverendSpooky wrote:
Those are SO NICE!!!! Jealous, and will have to keep on the look out.  Frustrating that they all have the hole for the keychain part.  

And yeah, JJ gets a pass drinking JD.  She's a drunk, not a connoisseur.  

Also, I did successfully make a removable top to 1 of my bottles this weekend.  Looks good, and I'll have to get some pics.

Yeah that's the only weak point, they all have a hole for the chain, I was lazy not to try anything but a bit of fimo could do the trick to repair them...

Rogerbee wrote:
Nice one!

Is that the Threezero Mulder, if it is it looks better than I thought in terms of general likeness.

CHEERS!

Indeed it is the threezero mulder, he has a solid likeness to duchovny, my only critic would be his very neutral expression, it could have been much better with more character, may be a slightly surprised face, or one of his usual grins...

16Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Empty Re: Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:21 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I've got a model kit by Juniper, it has a nice likeness and I got Scully too.

CHEERS!

17Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Empty Re: Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:14 pm

Eph

Great Pictures ! I don´t have a pichen body with that kind of rubber feet, because i think the feet looks like to small. In Your picture, with that kind of shoes it looks very good ! Not to small and very realistic. What kind of shoes are that ?

18Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Empty Re: Californication - Hank Moody (NSFW) Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:54 am

blackpool

blackpool
Eph wrote:Great Pictures ! I don´t have a pichen body with that kind of rubber feet, because i think the feet looks like to small. In Your picture, with that kind of shoes it looks very good ! Not to small and very realistic. What kind of shoes are that ?

yeah that's one of my flaws lol, I love floppy feet more than their jointed versions since they couldn't figure a decent joint or a decent color match between rubber and hard plastic parts...

About the heels they came as part of a evening dress from poptoys which included the dress the stitlettos in matching color, and a pair of wrist bracelets

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum