OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN”

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” Empty i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” Tue May 14, 2019 1:26 am

brassco

brassco
New Brand i8TOYS 1/6 scale female samurai “RIN”

Two Version
i8-001A Red armor version
i8-001B Black armor version

i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” TB2v8-Q-b-ASWBu-Nj-Sszd-XXbe-Sp-Xa-3230463460
i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” TB2-IABcb-N9-YBu-Njy0-Ff-XXXIs-VXa-3230463460
i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” TB2-Qq-E8bv9-TBu-Njy1zb-XXXpep-Xa-3230463460
i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” TB2wq-E2b-AOWBu-Nj-Sspp-XXXPgp-Xa-3230463460

Product includes:
Brand new teenage girl body(seamless arm and leg)
Realistic head
3 pairs of hands

Accessaries :
Kantana (Long sword)
Wakizashi (Short sword)
Kabuto (Helmet)
Tare (Neck armor)
Female samurai armor
Sode (Shoulder armor)
Oda Gote (Forearm armor)
Kusazuri (Thigh armor)
Suneate (Leg armor)
Kogate (Foots armor)

Costumes:
Kobakama
Kote
Haidate
[COLOR=#444444]
Uwa-obi

i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” 01
i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” 02
i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” 03

The one i purchased is the red armor version. First look at the box and its covers.

i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” 04

First look at its' contents. No base. Most clothing and accessories already on, so nothing much to do, unless...

i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” 05
i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” 06
i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” 07
i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” 08
i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” 09
i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” 10

First look at the figure. The HS strikes me as a little oversize for the body.

Another thing that strikes me is the unbalanced legs. The right leg is a bit longer than the left one!! I tried to adjust, but still unable to balance the figure on both legs properly! The rest of the armors are as advertised...I wonder how much work will be needed to transfer to another body...

i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” 11
i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” 12

The body the maker supplied are jointed, with seamless arm at the bent...but not very easily articulated. And from the looks of the pictures, the chest could be seperated into half. So therefore, this figure is definitely getting the Phicen treatment. I hoped the armor could be worn without separating the chest.

i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” 13

A comparison between this body type and Phicen's. The anime figure on the left i treated it with 24A. It seems the best alternative for this Rin figure, as the standard Phicen figure might seem a little on the plus size for her. I haven't check out the neck peg or hands or feet compatibility, as I will only be attempting to switch out the bodies after I shifted house. So Rin will go straight back to the box.

i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” 14
i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” 15
i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” 16

The helmet's rope could be adjusted to fit the neck more tightly, but i do not know how to tie the knots nicely like those featured from the official photos.

i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” 17

This pair of katanas...is the reason why i decided to take it out of the box to do a short review. i8TOYS posted a notice saying around 200+ of them has the blade and the handle fitted wrongly. They said an equivalent amount of replacement had been prepared should any customers encounter this problem. So i checked mine, and lucky for me, no issue.

I shall post more pictures once I am good to switch the body.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Interesting figure, and nice detailed review. I like the headsculpt on this one, it's quite pretty, as is the hair.

Sometimes I feel like switching everything to phicen/tbleague is a bit overkill, but in this case I completely understand why you'd want to....the body it comes with seems extremely limited in articulation and also weirdly small, so it does make the head look oversized. Hopefully the outfit/armour fits onto the s24a without too many modifications/alterations.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I agree with your assessment. Some beautiful details in the armor, it’s unfortunate that it didn’t turn out just a tad closer to the prototype. Switching bodies can only help this piece.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

i8TOYS 1/6scale female samurai“RIN” C8485110

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Beautiful armor, but i agree that the head sculpt is out of scale with the rest of the body.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, it's so small and fragile looking it almost looks more like a doll body than an action figure body, to me.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I remember when these were announced and was wondering what they'd really turn out like. So thank you for the review. The outfit and accessories are really impressive, but I'm sorry the body was so disappointing. It will be quite a trick to transfer all this to a new body, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. You will have to master those tiny knots (I haven't). The ample TBLeague chests are going to be another challenge for the armor. If you can find some Phicen small bust bodies that work for you, you might be in luck (but they haven't been making these -- I think -- for years now). I look forward to seeing your improvement of the set.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Did brassco ever manage to 'upgrade' this one?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum