OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..."

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:09 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
I finally managed to take a figure out on a walk in a local graveyard with my kid and snapped a couple shots.

"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." 48067952078_6a0f93fcfb_c

"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." 48067899596_c0be487194_c

I was only able to get the two snaps, as my 3 year old is quite impatient, but I'll definitely be getting back there sometime for more, and with more figures, I hope.
I've been scouting locations there for quite awhile.

2"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:22 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Nice. These kinds of shots simply can't be recreated indoors.

3"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:30 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Great shots. “Run, Forrest! Run!”

He who dies with the most toys wins!

"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." C8485110

4"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:32 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks fellas!

I'm hoping when my kid is a bit older and patient he'll help me out by being a little photographer's assistant, either way though I'm hoping to get back doing more outdoor shoots soon. Missed doing it quite a bit!

5"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:01 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Great photos man! That's a really gorgeous spot to shoot, and looks perfect in these.

6"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:13 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
ReverendSpooky wrote:Great photos man!  That's a really gorgeous spot to shoot, and looks perfect in these.

Thanks a lot!
It's one of the oldest graveyards in Canada actually, established in 1848. It's also a walking park, so there are trails and paths all over.
There's lots to explore there, and lots of really cool looking terrain.

7"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:23 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
PickleMunkey wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:Great photos man!  That's a really gorgeous spot to shoot, and looks perfect in these.

Thanks a lot!
It's one of the oldest graveyards in Canada actually, established in 1848. It's also a walking park, so there are trails and paths all over.
There's lots to explore there, and lots of really cool looking terrain.

Sounds like a great spot, not just for 1/6 adventures.

8"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:23 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
ReverendSpooky wrote:
Sounds like a great spot, not just for 1/6 adventures.  

Oh, totally. We even got our wedding photos done in there, haha.

9"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:42 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautifully done -- looks both atmospheric and realistic. I was going to ask if the kid was helpful (that's the one with the Stormtrooper helmet, right?), but you already addressed that point. Smile

10"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:57 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
GubernatorFan wrote:Beautifully done -- looks both atmospheric and realistic. I was going to ask if the kid was helpful (that's the one with the Stormtrooper helmet, right?), but you already addressed that point. Smile

Haha yup that's the little guy!

I managed to get the second photo just before he stormed through and crushed all the foliage in the background, grabbed the figure and tried to run off.

So a little less than helpful.

11"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:18 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Some little plants seem to be just placed there for 1/6 photographers. ;D

12"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:28 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Nice work. The first one in particular gives away very few clues that we are looking at a 12" figure and not a full sized human being. One has to look closely to spot this.

13"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:00 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks a lot guys, can hardly wait to utilize more of the area on a bigger scale.

14"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:40 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Pictures ! The first one is a Mastershot. It looks like a shot from a real soldier

15"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:43 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Ephiane wrote:Great Pictures ! The first one is a Mastershot. It looks like a shot from a real soldier

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate that Smile

16"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:59 am

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
such great photos, and that head...have it myself, for 7 dollars...really a steal. also, that first shot really is a masterpiece.

17"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:07 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Cobratrooper11 wrote:such great photos, and that head...have it myself, for 7 dollars...really a steal. also, that first shot really is a masterpiece.

Thanks a lot man. That head is really a great piece, I'll probably be painting mine up sometime, that and my Lt. Dan head.

18"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:13 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The wife and I just saw this movie yesterday in the theatre — you gotta love those Fathom Events, and get a chance to see movies on the big screen again.

19"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:20 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Stryker2011 wrote:The wife and I just saw this movie yesterday in the theatre — you gotta love those Fathom Events, and get a chance to see movies on the big screen again.

Aw man that would be amazing to see on the big screen!

I got to see a showing of the first Ghostbusters in the local theatre when I was in college. One of the reels disintegrated as soon as they opened it, and the other broke at the Egg Scene...but still, it was really cool seeing that on the big screen.

After I left that town when I was done college, they showed Jurassic Park. I'm still bitter about missing it.

20"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:40 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I don’t know if you guys get something similar to Fathom Events up there, or if you get Fathom Events in general — they do a bunch of stuff from playing filmed operas and ballets, but the movie stuff is generally a tie-in with Turner Classic Movies, and they play a couple times a month (usually only two days for each movie) old movies. The wife and I have seen Ben-Hur, The Ten Commandments, Planet of the Apes, Soylent Green, El Cid, An Affair to Remember, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Psycho, Rear Window, Ghostbusters, Field of Dreams (just last week), North By Northwest, Ferris Beuller’s Day Off, the list goes on, but you get the idea. Upcoming movies for the rest of the year are Lawrence of Arabia, Hello Dolly!, When Harry Met Sally, Glory and a couple others. No remakes, of course — all the good versions. I’ve missed a few I wanted to see — you have to be quick at getting tickets ahead of time because they only do one showing per the two days (and it’s not on consecutive days — usually a Wednesday and a Sunday). I missed seeing The Wizard of Oz on the big screen, and I’m still bummed about that — one of my favorites as a kid, and one of the few musicals I can actually stomach.

21"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:49 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Stryker2011 wrote:I don’t know if you guys get something similar to Fathom Events up there, or if you get Fathom Events in general — they do a bunch of stuff from playing filmed operas and ballets, but the movie stuff is generally a tie-in with Turner Classic Movies, and they play a couple times a month (usually only two days for each movie) old movies. The wife and I have seen Ben-Hur, The Ten Commandments, Planet of the Apes, Soylent Green, El Cid, An Affair to Remember, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Psycho, Rear Window, Ghostbusters, Field of Dreams (just last week), North By Northwest, Ferris Beuller’s Day Off, the list goes on, but you get the idea. Upcoming movies for the rest of the year are Lawrence of Arabia, Hello Dolly!, When Harry Met Sally, Glory and a couple others. No remakes, of course — all the good versions. I’ve missed a few I wanted to see — you have to be quick at getting tickets ahead of time because they only do one showing per the two days (and it’s not on consecutive days — usually a Wednesday and a Sunday). I missed seeing The Wizard of Oz on the big screen, and I’m still bummed about that — one of my favorites as a kid, and one of the few musicals I can actually stomach.

Aww man that does sound like an awesome experience. To my knowledge they don't have that here, but man I wish.

I'd have to see them alone, or wait until my kid is old enough to tag along, my wife hates going to the movies.

22"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:05 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Nice job!

CHEERS!

23"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:33 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Rogerbee wrote:
Nice job!

CHEERS!

Thanks a lot Roger!

24"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:37 pm

Joe Friday

Joe Friday
Which figure is this? Looks good!

25"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Empty Re: "Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:19 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Joe Friday wrote:Which figure is this? Looks good!
Thanks!
He's a custom I did of Forrest Gump.

Found a good Hanks head on Ebay and used mostly Ace gear.

I actually did up three of the cast.
"Sure ain't in Alabama no more..." 39246064171_c992dec698_c

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum