OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: [LXF-1904B] Elf Queen Emma Queen Version 1:6 Figure by Lucifer

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

skywalkersaga

PopToys horse has a very cartoonish face that looks nothing like a real horse. Looks like a giant toy horse, basically.

I covered this in the Henry V product announcement thread a while back (sorry don’t have the link on me right this minute).

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:
And Darkness — all three with the Unicorns would be epic. The Director’s Cut is the way to go to watch that movie, by the way.

Do you mean the 2hr one with the Goldsmith score? I do agree! I have it on Region 1, I'm not sure if you can get it on Region 2, that always seems to be the theatrical Goldsmith cut. For many years I liked the US cut with the Tangerine Dream score the best. That was till I saw the director's cut. The theatrical cut is like Tony Scott, the director's cut is pure Ridley.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:
And Darkness — all three with the Unicorns would be epic. The Director’s Cut is the way to go to watch that movie, by the way.

Do you mean the 2hr one with the Goldsmith score? I do agree! I have it on Region 1, I'm not sure if you can get it on Region 2, that always seems to be the theatrical Goldsmith cut. For many years I liked the US cut with the Tangerine Dream score the best. That was till I saw the director's cut. The theatrical cut is like Tony Scott, the director's cut is pure Ridley.

Yeah, definitely the longer version with Goldsmith’s score. The whole thing makes much more sense — it’s just too bad the footage where Jack is made to dance nearly to death was lost, as that whole sequence would have been much clearer.

Rogerbee

Founding Father

In the US cut you see Darkness right at the beginning, in the UK cut and the director's cut, you don't see him till he comes out of the mirror. If you have a surround system with DTS, his voice sounds phenomenal.

agentghost

agentghost
wow.. Thanks to the community and ppl like @brassco.

I didn't realize the POPTOYS horse is out of scale until I saw the photo you share. I guess I will avoid the other POPTOYS Europa Knight Horse and POPTOYS Queen Elizabeth horse too.

Any good horse saddle/tack to buy stand alone? I like some saddle/tack but didn't like the horse (POPTOYS for example)

brassco

brassco
agentghost wrote:
Any good horse saddle/tack to buy stand alone? I like some saddle/tack but didn't like the horse (POPTOYS for example)

Don't think so. I've been trying to buy standalone saddle too, but can't find.

shazzdan

shazzdan
agentghost wrote:Any good horse saddle/tack to buy stand alone? I like some saddle/tack but didn't like the horse (POPTOYS for example)

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/onesixthwesternTack
http://benscustomtack.com/
https://www.riorondo.com/

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Review and in Hand Pictures. The Figure is.... intresting. I don´t want to say something more. It´s  good to see a company produced figures the 1:6 community likes. If Friends here are happy, i´m happy with them Very Happy  She´s an Elv Queen. There will be no elves here who feel insulted by this .

edit.... i see her before somewhere.... is she this ?

ElfQueen - NEW PRODUCT: [LXF-1904B] Elf Queen Emma Queen Version 1:6 Figure by Lucifer - Page 3 Tenor

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a great gif, Ephi. Galadriel getting baked — hilarious.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

ElfQueen - NEW PRODUCT: [LXF-1904B] Elf Queen Emma Queen Version 1:6 Figure by Lucifer - Page 3 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:That’s a great gif, Ephi. Galadriel getting baked — hilarious.

For shame! Are you saying all Elves look alike to you!? Wink Just kidding.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
So this is how they become one with the nature, and talk to trees 'n stuff?

Where's this gif from?

Ephiane

Ephiane
I have tons of this nonsense on my PC, maybe a colleague from work sent it to me because they knos I like fantasy Laughing

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:
agentghost wrote:Any good horse saddle/tack to buy stand alone? I like some saddle/tack but didn't like the horse (POPTOYS for example)

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/onesixthwesternTack
http://benscustomtack.com/
https://www.riorondo.com/

Thanks for sharing. Riorondo would work for the DIYers who don’t mind an exhaustive challenge. That benscustomtack has some nice options. Pricey, but when you consider what it would cost in materials, time — and probably a lot of mistakes and do-overs, probably the best option available for someone as lazy as myself. The sizing is a bit confusing for any of this stuff, but I see they offer custom work; I imagine once a horse is in-hand, and it’s the size one wants, measurements can be taken off that and given to them to make sure the saddle and bridle fit appropriately.

ElfQueen - NEW PRODUCT: [LXF-1904B] Elf Queen Emma Queen Version 1:6 Figure by Lucifer - Page 3 C8485110

agentghost

agentghost
ok.. how many horses do u guys own (including the one u have to buy, just for the saddle/tack)?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
agentghost wrote:ok.. how many horses do u guys own (including the one u have to buy, just for the saddle/tack)?

I currently have two — the Pop Toys (fully armored) one that came with Joan of Arc; and the Asmus one that came with The Mouth of Sauron (also mostly covered). I have one of the most recent Mr. Z on PO (without saddle, as I want to use it for an Old West thoroughbred). I also have Queen Elizabeth (Cate Blanchet with horse) on PO.

agentghost

agentghost
Stryker2011 wrote:
agentghost wrote:ok.. how many horses do u guys own (including the one u have to buy, just for the saddle/tack)?

I currently have two — the Pop Toys (fully armored) one that came with Joan of Arc; and the Asmus one that came with The Mouth of Sauron (also mostly covered). I have one of the most recent Mr. Z on PO (without saddle, as I want to use it for an Old West thoroughbred). I also have Queen Elizabeth (Cate Blanchet with horse) on PO.

ooo.. can you share with us the scale of Asmus horse?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Certainly. The Asmus MoS horse is pretty huge (I guess for intimidation reasons); but it works perfectly with the Mouth himself. It's slightly bigger than the POP Toys horse.

ElfQueen - NEW PRODUCT: [LXF-1904B] Elf Queen Emma Queen Version 1:6 Figure by Lucifer - Page 3 Img_8410

Using the image below of an actual horse as a stand-in for the Asmus, these are the measurements (the POP Toys horse is 13 3/4" from the bottom of the front hoof to the tip of the ears):

ElfQueen - NEW PRODUCT: [LXF-1904B] Elf Queen Emma Queen Version 1:6 Figure by Lucifer - Page 3 Extern40

brassco

brassco

I got 5. Another Z horse, updated version with rooted mane. The other one is a running pose, but quality was so bad, it remained in the box!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I have two 1/6 horses currently -- one Mr.Z British Shire horse in solid black coat colour, and one Mr.Z Hanoverian in the grey coat colour. Both are intended for specific projects which I haven't had a chance to get around to yet due to still being preoccupied with my SW customs. I can happily recommend both of these models, though of course the Shire is on the large side for a mount [though it works for fantasy], and the Hanoverian is a bit small for male 1/6 figures, but ok for female figures. : ) 

I'm hoping to get a third in a brown/bay colour but still undecided. Would have preferred the brown Illi horse, but in lieu of that one I might get the latest Akhal-Teke model, even though I have some issues/nitpicks with it. 

When it comes to 1/6 scale tack, I'm super picky. I used to ride and show horses so I struggle with stuff that is not realistic. I ended up selling the tack that the two Mr.Z horses came with, because it was too inaccurate and I had no use for it. Eventually I will hopefully either make some tack or get some commissioned for the Mr.Z horses. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

shazzdan

shazzdan
I spent ages looking for a decent horse and settled on a brown Mr. Z Hanoverian. It is one of the better horses on the market.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
One question for you guys who got this figure: Did you manage to straighten the ears permanently? Her HS is for sale at BlackOpsToys and her ears are bent on their photos. So I'm imagining all of them are coming that way but I want to make sure they can be fixed.
I ordered mine a month ago, but the store still couldn't send it due to this pandemic interfering in shippings. I'm so eager to see this figure in hands.

agentghost

agentghost
brassco wrote:ElfQueen - NEW PRODUCT: [LXF-1904B] Elf Queen Emma Queen Version 1:6 Figure by Lucifer - Page 3 3horse2
ElfQueen - NEW PRODUCT: [LXF-1904B] Elf Queen Emma Queen Version 1:6 Figure by Lucifer - Page 3 3horses1

The horse with the jockey would be Mr Z's. It is a very proportionate 1/6th horse, imo. The Elf's horse is also quite proportionate. I would avoid Poptoys' version.

could it be that Pop toys want to portray their 1/6 horse as the Great European War Horse? is that why it is bigger than the regular Mr.Z and other 1/6 horse?

brassco

brassco
ElfQueen - NEW PRODUCT: [LXF-1904B] Elf Queen Emma Queen Version 1:6 Figure by Lucifer - Page 3 IMG-20200711-150906

This is since Apr 18th, around 3 months. I used a toilet roll paper cylinder to push the ear down from the top of the head. After a day or two, i removed it and the ears appeared better. Since then, this is the ears on display now.

brassco

brassco
agentghost wrote:
brassco wrote:ElfQueen - NEW PRODUCT: [LXF-1904B] Elf Queen Emma Queen Version 1:6 Figure by Lucifer - Page 3 3horse2
ElfQueen - NEW PRODUCT: [LXF-1904B] Elf Queen Emma Queen Version 1:6 Figure by Lucifer - Page 3 3horses1

The horse with the jockey would be Mr Z's. It is a very proportionate 1/6th horse, imo. The Elf's horse is also quite proportionate. I would avoid Poptoys' version.

could it be that Pop toys want to portray their 1/6 horse as the Great European War Horse?  is that why it is bigger than the regular Mr.Z and other 1/6 horse?

who knows...Poptoys is coming up with new knights figures with horses. I am passing it...

shazzdan

shazzdan
agentghost wrote:could it be that Pop toys want to portray their 1/6 horse as the Great European War Horse?  is that why it is bigger than the regular Mr.Z and other 1/6 horse?
A typical medieval European warhorse was only 14 hands tall. The biggest destriers were not much larger than 15 hands. Any horses larger than that were primarily draught horses, which were intended for pulling carriages. They were never bred until roads started to improve in the 17th century.

Valiarde

Valiarde
I think the new poptoy horses are the same as the old one though.

agentghost

agentghost
i am making a custom scene. Can anyone with the Poptoys horse give me the height measurement 1) to the top of the head and 2) to the top of the horse back ?

Thanks

cuongcodon

cuongcodon
I really want to buy this product, but when I review, maybe the whole body is censored,

Is this true?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
lmduccuong wrote:I really want to buy this product, but when I review, maybe the whole body is censored,

Is this true?

Greetings. Are you talking about the female elf figure? There aren’t any nude images, so all of the available pics should show up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum