OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: COW PEN TOYS: 1 / 6 NB-002 female head carved Polaris Emma - a total of 4 models

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It does seem to capture the essential features of the subject, and it's nice they are making four options available.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I know who it’s supposed to be, but I’m getting an Olivia Wilde vibe from the brunette version.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COW PEN TOYS: 1 / 6 NB-002 female head carved Polaris Emma - a total of 4 models C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I know who it’s supposed to be, but I’m getting an Olivia Wilde vibe from the brunette version.

Yes, a little bit.

agentghost

agentghost
who is this supposed to be?

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Its Polaris/Lorna Dane, daughter of Magneto, played by Emma Dumont in FOX series "The Gifted".
These heads look kinda cartoony compared to the other versions.

The toy manufacturers must really love this character!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t605-new-product-acplay-new-product-1-6-atx039-super-hero-magnetic-girl-box-doll

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1642-new-product-add-toys-1-6-million-magnetic-female-um-girl-movable-doll-ad-03

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t655-new-product-mx-toys-1-6-scale-polairs-talents-action-figure-code-mxt2108201801

https://giantoy.com/products/pre-order16scalehsd001femalepolarisheadsculpthsuntan

agentghost

agentghost
I thought the Scarlet Witch is Magneto's daughter

csyeung

csyeung
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COW PEN TOYS: 1 / 6 NB-002 female head carved Polaris Emma - a total of 4 models Cowpen10
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COW PEN TOYS: 1 / 6 NB-002 female head carved Polaris Emma - a total of 4 models Cowpen11

Couple of in hand pics. I kinda like how it came out especially the hairstyle, although the skin tone is more pinkish than your phicen skintones. Size seems right for phicen or other figures. I currently have it on a cowgirl kitbash and fits for the most part.

Diana

Diana
She looks more beautiful IRL than in the product shots. Very nice. Shame about the skin color not matching phicen though. I have a different Polaris and she also doesn't match so she's sitting there waiting for a repaint.

csyeung

csyeung
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COW PEN TOYS: 1 / 6 NB-002 female head carved Polaris Emma - a total of 4 models Dsc00929

I do like the paint app on this one so I don't really want to repaint. You can see in this pic how she is a little flushed compared to the body.(this is a verycool body which is close to phicen suntan). I may look for one of those cheaper pale bodies and repaint the body instead.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, it's definitely one of those rare ones that seems better in hand than in the promo pics. Thanks for sharing! Sorry for the skintone frustration... I know the current tbleague suntan is quite 'reddish', but I don't know that it is that dark.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
On the subject of the new TBL suntans being 'reddish' (which the 29s and newer 21s and 23s definitely are), I've noticed that my new S39 seems to have taken a step back to the old (middle-era) skintone...

Don't know if it's a fluke or not.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeWillikers wrote:On the subject of the new TBL suntans being 'reddish' (which the 29s and newer 21s and 23s definitely are), I've noticed that my new S39 seems to have taken a step back to the old (middle-era) skintone...

Good to know.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:On the subject of the new TBL suntans being 'reddish' (which the 29s and newer 21s and 23s definitely are), I've noticed that my new S39 seems to have taken a step back to the old (middle-era) skintone...

Good to know.

Hm, it's quite annoying actually - the new reddish tone was a decent in-hand match for those pinker Gac heads, and the head I had earmarked for the 39 is now too pink for it. Next one of that body type I'm buying is a pale and then it's onto other types for a while, so it'll be some time until I find out if it's an anomaly or a permanent change backwards.

I wish TBL would stop muckin' abart. Neutral

Diana

Diana
csyeung wrote:I do like the paint app on this one so I don't really want to repaint.  You can see in this pic how she is a little flushed compared to the body.(this is a verycool body which is close to phicen suntan). I may look for one of those cheaper pale bodies and repaint the body instead.
I wouldn't repaint this one either. And recoloring a body definitely seems to be the path of least resistance. ^^

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeWillikers wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

Good to know.

Hm, it's quite annoying actually - the new reddish tone was a decent in-hand match for those pinker Gac heads, and the head I had earmarked for the 39 is now too pink for it.  Next one of that body type I'm buying is a pale and then it's onto other types for a while, so it'll be some time until I find out if it's an anomaly or a permanent change backwards.

I wish TBL would stop muckin' abart. Neutral  

For what it's worth, I agree. I switched to the reddish colour for some repaints and so now will I struggle to find bodies for those? Ugh, so frustrating.

gooboo

I got one of these heads when they first came out, and I was really disappointed the reddish skin tone didn't match any body I had. I recently decided to repaint it, and I thought it turned out pretty well. The headsculpt itself is pretty nice, so I would say nobody should be afraid of repainting it to match one of the Phicen skintones.

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COW PEN TOYS: 1 / 6 NB-002 female head carved Polaris Emma - a total of 4 models Polari10

Gonna rehair it as well once I find the time to do so.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nicely done, gooboo.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Not bad, gooboo. Is that a Kumik head?

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COW PEN TOYS: 1 / 6 NB-002 female head carved Polaris Emma - a total of 4 models C8485110

gooboo

No that's the Cowpen Toys head, the one this thread is about.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! My eyesight is worse than I thought.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum