OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.


You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: [High-heeled slender] TBLeague: 1/6 rubberized super movable long-legged narrow shoulder female body - a total of two S32A & S33B

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: [High-heeled slender] TBLeague: 1/6 rubberized super movable long-legged narrow shoulder female body - a total of two S32A & S33B 19103011

TBLeague 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Bodies
TBLeague 1/6 encapsulated super movable long leg narrow shoulder female body


Item No.: PHMB2019-S32A / S33B
Bar code: 697 1272 330 413 (S32A)
697 1272 330 420 (S33B)

New body type: long leg narrow shoulder female body S32A (white skin color) & S33B (wheat color)
A tall and slender new body! Model height (continuous head carving) 29.4cm!
The upper body is shorter, the proportion of the legs is long, the shoulders are narrow, and the curves are soft and suitable for COS Asian female characters.


Packing list
1, 1 × TBLeague seamless rubberized steel body
2, 3 double × replaceable hand
3, 2 double × replaceable feet
* Head carving and clothing are not included in the product

1,1 × TBLeague female seamless body with metal skeleton
2, 3 pairs × interchangeable hands
3, 2 pairs × interchangeable feet
* The clothing and headsculpt are not included in the product.

Package size & weight

1 product/color box
GW: 0.50kg
Measurements: 12.5 cm * 6 cm * 31.5cm

12 products/master carton
GW: 6.61 kg
Measurements: 38 cm * 27cm * 34 cm

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: [High-heeled slender] TBLeague: 1/6 rubberized super movable long-legged narrow shoulder female body - a total of two S32A & S33B 19102810
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: [High-heeled slender] TBLeague: 1/6 rubberized super movable long-legged narrow shoulder female body - a total of two S32A & S33B 19102911
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: [High-heeled slender] TBLeague: 1/6 rubberized super movable long-legged narrow shoulder female body - a total of two S32A & S33B 19103012
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: [High-heeled slender] TBLeague: 1/6 rubberized super movable long-legged narrow shoulder female body - a total of two S32A & S33B 19103110

#newproduct #TBLeague #female #body #accessory

View user profile
A very pretty looking body....though I am right in understanding the description that this one will be rather tall?


_________________
"The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
View user profile https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:A very pretty looking body....though I am right in understanding the description that this one will be rather tall?

That’s what I gathered, which doesn’t really make sense as their regular bodies are already tall.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: [High-heeled slender] TBLeague: 1/6 rubberized super movable long-legged narrow shoulder female body - a total of two S32A & S33B TCFITBi
View user profile
This body is more towards those asian pop idols phenomenon based figures 'n stuff. They are focused on lenghtier legs and skinny bodies.

I'm still waiting for a darker skin colour, specially on those "curvy" bodies.

View user profile
I didn't even know that figures of Asian popstars was a 'thing', but I guess I should not be surprised. Frustrating, though, as it's a nice shape but probably too tall for most of my planned figures. :/


_________________
"The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
View user profile https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yeah, I was also struck by the height (I think it does take into account the non-included head, but still).


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
I'm confused how tall is this thing compared to the S28A? I just got one of those.

View user profile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
gooboo wrote:I'm confused how tall is this thing compared to the S28A? I just got one of those.

Almost 2 cm taller: http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1381p100-new-product-tbleague-1-6-steel-bone-plastic-buxom-girl-body-s28a-pale-color-s29b-suntan-color#22829


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
while these do look nice, these are super niche. i also curiously note the S32/S33 numbers, which i'm guessing means they've either skipped on S30/S31 or they just haven't announced them yet. also am i the only one noticing how much faster tbl seems to make stuff these days? it's like 4-6 months maybe. and thats quite quick, even for them.

View user profile
Yeah, I have to agree, Cobratrooper. I was a little surprised by this one, as I was personally hoping the next body/bodies would be more like the ‘buxom’ one, at least in terms of overall height. It’d be nice to have more than just one body type in some of the shorter heights, if that makes sense. I’m all for variety, but I’m definitely confused as to why this particular body had to be SO tall — why not just make it the same long-legged proportions, but in a less crazy-tall height range? As it is, this one seems like it will be even taller than the ‘normal’ tbleague bodies, making it very specific indeed. It’s like the tall version of the s26a-s27b, in that it seems outside of normal height range and developed for very particular niche, as you say.

Curious what they will do next. Hopefully the quicker releases means it won’t be too long til we find out. : )

View user profile https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It occurs to me that this height will probably be close to the Original Effect jointed bodies. Way too tall for my liking.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: [High-heeled slender] TBLeague: 1/6 rubberized super movable long-legged narrow shoulder female body - a total of two S32A & S33B TCFITBi
View user profile
Yeah, frustrating. :/


_________________
"The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
View user profile https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/
29.4cm with the head sounds ok to me.
I measured the S09 brunette on high heels, she's almost 30cm.
Highlight for me are the narrow shoulders! Finally!

View user profile

15tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: [High-heeled slender] TBLeague: 1/6 rubberized super movable long-legged narrow shoulder female body - a total of two S32A & S33B Empty New TB League body on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:21 am

I was browsing both Monkey Depot and Giantoy late night and found this new TB League Body being announced for September release.

https://giantoy.com/collections/newest-products/products/pre-order-1-6-tbleague-phicen-long-leg-slim-shoulder-seamless-body-s32a-s33b?variant=15318942646335

https://www.monkeydepot.com/TBLeague_1_12th_Captain_Sparta_Wonder_Festival_201_p/pc0162.htm

Looks like another i just have to get....

View user profile
I like these. They're not warrior or athletic bodies, but more "Person who works out to be sexy" type Smile

View user profile
I like the shape of it too, but I’m still not sure about the height. Will have to wait and see how it looks beside other bodies/figures...


_________________
"The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
View user profile https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/
Hm, OK.

It's nothing like as radical a departure from TBL's 'norm' as the (soo-poib) S28/29 model, but I'll still more than likely get at least one of these. Smile

EDIT: While it's nice that again this doesn't have the usual TBL humongous porn star boobs, I'm idly wondering if they'll get around to doing a 'big bust' variant of this and the 28/29 at some point or not (although the 28/29's are plenty big enough as is, thanks).


And I did wonder, after the 28/29 models, what they would do with their numbering system once it started to clash with the male bodies, and now I suppose I have my answer.


Still waiting on a truly plump female body though (not to mention some ethnic ones, with heads) ...


Dammit, though - I was just about to order myself up a Male M30, but it looks like I'll have to pre-order one of these instead, now.

View user profile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:I did wonder, after the 28/29 models, what they would do with their numbering system once it started to clash with the male bodies, and now I suppose I have my answer.

Not really, there already are 32 and 33 male bodies -- but the female bodies have the prefix S and now also a suffix A or B for pale and suntan (so S32A, S33B), whereas the male bodies have the prefix M (so M32, M33). S presumably stands for "seamless" at a time when they had not yet decided to do male seamless figures, and M obviously for "male."


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
GubernatorFan wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:I did wonder, after the 28/29 models, what they would do with their numbering system once it started to clash with the male bodies, and now I suppose I have my answer.

Not really, there already are 32 and 33 male bodies -- but the female bodies have the prefix S and now also a suffix A or B for pale and suntan (so S32A, S33B), whereas the male bodies have the prefix M (so M32, M33). S presumably stands for "seamless" at a time when they had not yet decided to do male seamless figures, and M obviously for "male."

Hmm, I'm certainly wary of putting my faith in certain sellers to take the adequate care to differentiate between anonymous-looking TBL boxes when the difference is a single letter of the alphabet.  I'd have been happier if they'd moved on to tag it as say S40/41, and continue from there. Still leaves space for four more male body types in the 30s.


Still, it's TBLeague, where logic and reason cease to apply. Neutral

I'm going with GianToy for these, I think, they seem to know what they're doing.


EDIT: Duh, room for three more male body types, not four.

View user profile
How much taller are these going to be than the ‘regular’ tbleague bodies? If they are same height as the s12d, for instance, then I’d consider one. But seems they might be even taller than those?


_________________
"The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
View user profile https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:Hmm, I'm certainly wary of putting my faith in certain sellers to take the adequate care to differentiate between anonymous-looking TBL boxes when the difference is a single letter of the alphabet.  I'd have been happier if they'd moved on to tag it as say S40/41, and continue from there. Still leaves space for four more male body types in the 30s. Still, it's TBLeague, where logic and reason cease to apply. Neutral I'm going with GianToy for these, I think, they seem to know what they're doing.

While you are right that certain sellers get sloppy with the descriptions, they are still likely to indicate whether the body you are buying is male or female. Moreover, the "anonymous" TBLeague bodies do feature slightly different design for male and female figures -- you can tell them apart (admittedly, M35 came in a box with the female design and general labeling, though the pasted on label was correct to the content).

GianToy does seem to know what they are doing, but this level of worry is better reserved for the likes of Jiaou bodies, which have exclusively Chinese labels.


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
skywalkersaga wrote:How much taller are these going to be than the ‘regular’ tbleague bodies? If they are same height as the s12d, for instance, then I’d consider one. But seems they might be even taller than those?

About half an inch, maybe? I wonder if that's on tippy-toes or not, though - that would possibly add another few centimetres.

The more I look at it, the more this seems like an S16/17+S18/19+S25/26 'remix' - not necessarily anything very original, more a pleasing amalgam of TBL 'Greatest Hits'  (although 'pleasing' is all down to personal taste, of course).

GubernatorFan wrote:this level of worry is better reserved for the likes of Jiaou bodies, which have exclusively Chinese labels.

Heh, very true. Smile



EDIT: Oh incidentally (rather than bump the other sunken thread) that crazy reversed-shoulder arm on my first S29 finally broke, under the skin. Sad  But in such a way as the skin hasn't torn, and it sort of still hangs in a lifelike manner so long as I don't try and lift it above head height. So, carefully-coreographed static poses for her from now on.

The S28 I got next seems fine, though.

Luckily, I already had another S29 on order...

View user profile
GeeWillikers wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:I did wonder, after the 28/29 models, what they would do with their numbering system once it started to clash with the male bodies, and now I suppose I have my answer.

Not really, there already are 32 and 33 male bodies -- but the female bodies have the prefix S and now also a suffix A or B for pale and suntan (so S32A, S33B), whereas the male bodies have the prefix M (so M32, M33). S presumably stands for "seamless" at a time when they had not yet decided to do male seamless figures, and M obviously for "male."

Hmm, I'm certainly wary of putting my faith in certain sellers to take the adequate care to differentiate between anonymous-looking TBL boxes when the difference is a single letter of the alphabet.  I'd have been happier if they'd moved on to tag it as say S40/41, and continue from there. Still leaves space for four more male body types in the 30s.


Still, it's TBLeague, where logic and reason cease to apply. Neutral

I'm going with GianToy for these, I think, they seem to know what they're doing.


EDIT: Duh, room for three more male body types, not four.




Giantoy is the best. It's where I get all my TB League stuff and my head sculpts nowadays.

View user profile
Maybe I can do what Ephiane does and chop off part of her ankles, lol. ;p

ETA: sorry about the arm on your s29, Geewillikers, that sucks. :/ But I'm glad you've got another one coming soon!


_________________
"The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
View user profile https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/
skywalkersaga wrote:ETA: sorry about the arm on your s29, Geewillikers, that sucks. :/ But I'm glad you've got another one coming soon!

She still looks purty, I'll just have to treat her more kindly from now on. Smile

View user profile
When I get mine, I may actually use it as a new body for my Kamiko character as my DAZ 3D version of Kamiko is quite tall, and not so muscular as the S22A I'm using now. Then again...I might not, but I'd definitely getting one.

View user profile
Ooh, I think it would be great for Kamiko!


_________________
"The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
View user profile https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:Oh incidentally (rather than bump the other sunken thread) that crazy reversed-shoulder arm on my first S29 finally broke, under the skin. Sad  But in such a way as the skin hasn't torn, and it sort of still hangs in a lifelike manner so long as I don't try and lift it above head height. So, carefully-coreographed static poses for her from now on. The S28 I got next seems fine, though. Luckily, I already had another S29 on order...

You shouldn't worry about resurrecting old threads where appropriate. Sorry about the breaking of the arm -- you make it sound like it was put together wrong in the first place -- is that the case? Did you consider contacting the seller about an exchange (when you first got it or even now), or is that not an option?


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
GubernatorFan wrote: Sorry about the breaking of the arm -- you make it sound like it was put together wrong in the first place -- is that the case? Did you consider contacting the seller about an exchange (when you first got it or even now), or is that not an option?

Yeah, I do think it was a manufacturing/testing stage fault of some kind (the 28a I bought from the same seller afterwards is absolutely fine), but without stripping the skin off it I couldn't really be certain exactly what the problem was. I did think about contacting the seller (I buy from him regularly and we have a reasonably friendly relationship) but initially I decided it was a problem I could live with, and since then I've modded the body a little so a return is probably out of the question now.  

It's probably not the tragedy I may have made it seem - the arm still bends normally at the elbow and thanks to the thickness of the skin it still hangs fairly naturally if left to 'dangle'. I've already filled in the backstory that as she isn't the muscly warrior type, she probably critically injured her shoulder during a vigorous pillow fight at a sleepover. Smile

View user profile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:Yeah, I do think it was a manufacturing/testing stage fault of some kind (the 28a I bought from the same seller afterwards is absolutely fine), but without stripping the skin off it I couldn't really be certain exactly what the problem was. I did think about contacting the seller (I buy from him regularly and we have a reasonably friendly relationship) but initially I decided it was a problem I could live with, and since then I've modded the body a little so a return is probably out of the question now.  

It's probably not the tragedy I may have made it seem - the arm still bends normally at the elbow and thanks to the thickness of the skin it still hangs fairly naturally if left to 'dangle'. I've already filled in the backstory that as she isn't the muscly warrior type, she probably critically injured her shoulder during a vigorous pillow fight at a sleepover. Smile

I hope the next body doesn't disappoint. Nice backstory.


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
A little earlier than projected, but GianToy are listing these as 'in stock' and are sending them out now. I got my shipping notice yesterday so I should have one in a week or so (UK customs allowing - who knows how much chaos Brexit will be causing already as people begin to panic-buy from overseas before October 31st).

I'm only ordering one for now to see how it goes, because while I love the more realistic design of the last new TBL base body (s28/29), I'm less than impressed with the actual build quality on two of the three of those I have. They seem somehow stiffer and more prone to breakage and/or skin-tearing than previous models, although oddly the problems I've encountered have been exclusively with the two 29s that I own - one had a dodgy left shoulder that eventually snapped (see above posts) while the replacement/companion for it quickly developed a skin-tear on the outside left hip.

I've managed to make the best of it and turn these defects into 'distinguishing features' for each (glued the tear and it now looks like a convincing enough scar), but for what these cost it's frustrating to have their best designed body incur damage so quickly and so easily.

The S28 I own seems to be a little more durable, fingers crossed. It's still noticeably stiffer in it's movements than earlier models, though. Perhaps I've just been very unlucky with these, but I'm loath to buy another to test my luck further. I'll be getting the Nancy in Hell figure though which looks like an S29, so we'll see how that goes.

So I'm reserving judgement on the S32/33 until I've properly road-tested just one of them. With the short space between release of these two new models I hope TBL aren't beginning a practice of sacrificing build quality for quick turnaround. If the build of S32/33 is better than the first batch of S28/29 seems to be, however, I might buy more.

View user profile
Sorry to hear of the issues you’ve been having with the buxom body, GeeWillikers. I hope this one turns out alright.

And now you have ME starting to panic.. should I be buying stuff prior to Brexit?? O.o I still need so many more seamless bodies as supplies for my projects, but I’m completely out of £££ atm... Sad


_________________
"The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
View user profile https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/
skywalkersaga wrote:Sorry to hear of the issues you’ve been having with the buxom body, GeeWillikers. I hope this one turns out alright.

It's a problem (if it actually even exists outside my own experience  Smile ) that TBL will hopefully address with the next batch of the buxom body, so it could well be a lucky thing that you can't afford any at the mo. As I say though, maybe I've just been very unlucky with my two 29s.

skywalkersaga wrote:And now you have ME starting to panic..  should I be buying stuff prior to Brexit?? O.o I still need so many more seamless bodies as supplies for my projects, but I’m completely out of £££ atm... Sad
The rules probably won't change for incoming goods from non-EU countries, it's the change of rules for importing EU goods that will cause the chaos. So if/when people realise that and start panic-importing EU goods in the next month or so, there'll certainly be a knock-on effect on all incoming international mail with huge delays on everything going through customs. On the other hand there's a very slim hope that they'll be under such pressure at UK Customs that they'll allow more things through from non-EU countries. It could go either way.

At the risk of bringing politics into it, it's just one insane aspect of the 'interesting times' we in the UK have set in store for ourselves come November.

View user profile
GeeWillikers wrote:
The rules probably won't change for incoming goods from non-EU countries, it's the change of rules for importing EU goods that will cause the chaos. So if/when people realise that and start panic-importing EU goods in the next month or so, there'll certainly be a knock-on effect on all incoming international mail with huge delays on everything going through customs. On the other hand there's a very slim hope that they'll be under such pressure at UK Customs that they'll allow more things through from non-EU countries. It could go either way.

At the risk of bringing politics into it, it's just one insane aspect of the 'interesting times' we in the UK have set in store for ourselves come November.


Ah, gotcha, that makes sense. And I don't think that merely speaking about Brexit in this manner has anything to do with [partisan] politics at this point -- when something is going to affect our daily lives, it doesn't matter what our political beliefs as individuals are. And since it might indeed have some knock-on effect on this hobby [since the cost of living may become even higher than it is in this already ridiculously expensive country, along with all the crazy customs chaos that you mention], then it is at least somewhat relevant to the topic at hand.

I realize I must sound a bit...overwrought, but I just have a TON of anxieties over Brexit. When the vote happened three years ago, I had a week-long nervous breakdown because I could foresee all the sh*t that would come up over the ensuing years, how it would affect almost every aspect of my personal life, and what it heralded for the country and the world in general. The feeling of helplessness over it all -- because I am still in the process of getting a permanent visa and thus don't really have any say in any of it -- doesn't really help. In fact, it is that which caused me to go into hermit-mode for the last few years, since I literally cannot handle 'current events' anymore....I'd rather hide in my fictional universes. I knew I couldn't hide from it forever, but still.... 

But anyhoo. I really do hope that your own concerns about tbleague's quality control are not, in fact, proven true. I would be nice to at least have some kind of stability and something to rely on, when so many other things are uncertain.


_________________
"The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
View user profile https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/
skywalkersaga wrote:I realize I must sound a bit...overwrought, but I just have a TON of anxieties over Brexit. When the vote happened three years ago, I had a week-long nervous breakdown because I could foresee all the sh*t that would come up over the ensuing years, how it would affect almost every aspect of my personal life, and what it heralded for the country and the world in general. The feeling of helplessness over it all -- because I am still in the process of getting a permanent visa and thus don't really have any say in any of it -- doesn't really help. In fact, it is that which caused me to go into hermit-mode for the last few years, since I literally cannot handle 'current events' anymore....I'd rather hide in my fictional universes. I knew I couldn't hide from it forever, but still.... 

You're not alone in your concerns, skywalker, believe me. But over the last few months I've learned to keep my opinion on it more or less to myself, at the same time as being amazed and dumbfounded by unfolding events. pale

View user profile
GeeWillikers wrote:A little earlier than projected, but GianToy are listing these as 'in stock' and are sending them out now. I got my shipping notice yesterday so I should have one in a week or so (UK customs allowing - who knows how much chaos Brexit will be causing already as people begin to panic-buy from overseas before October 31st).

I'm only ordering one for now to see how it goes, because while I love the more realistic design of the last new TBL base body (s28/29), I'm less than impressed with the actual build quality on two of the three of those I have. They seem somehow stiffer and more prone to breakage and/or skin-tearing than previous models, although oddly the problems I've encountered have been exclusively with the two 29s that I own - one had a dodgy left shoulder that eventually snapped (see above posts) while the replacement/companion for it quickly developed a skin-tear on the outside left hip.

I've managed to make the best of it and turn these defects into 'distinguishing features' for each (glued the tear and it now looks like a convincing enough scar), but for what these cost it's frustrating to have their best designed body incur damage so quickly and so easily.

The S28 I own seems to be a little more durable, fingers crossed. It's still noticeably stiffer in it's movements than earlier models, though. Perhaps I've just been very unlucky with these, but I'm loath to buy another to test my luck further. I'll be getting the Nancy in Hell figure though which looks like an S29, so we'll see how that goes.

So I'm reserving judgement on the S32/33 until I've properly road-tested just one of them. With the short space between release of these two new models I hope TBL aren't beginning a practice of sacrificing build quality for quick turnaround. If the build of S32/33 is better than the first batch of S28/29 seems to be, however, I might buy more.


I'm glad to hear the new bodies are out. I'd be even happier if I had the moolah to buy one right now but it will have to wait a couple of weeks as I've been spending money like drunken sailor on accessories and wardrobe items for the bodies I already have. I will therefore eagerly await your review.....

View user profile
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:  I will therefore eagerly await your review.....

I'll be here, as soon as it shows up. Smile

Currently also waiting on an S23 that seems to have been stuck in customs for a fortnight now, with no sign of movement... Mad

View user profile
GeeWillikers wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:  I will therefore eagerly await your review.....

I'll be here, as soon as it shows up. Smile

Currently also waiting on an S23 that seems to have been stuck in customs for a fortnight now, with no sign of movement... Mad

Interestingly enough, I ordered an S22 from Giantoy in the last week of July, and it took Giantoy only about five days to get it to British Columbia, where it spent another five days in processing before being sent to Winnipeg, where once again it waited for another several days before finally being shipped to Montreal. In short, Giantoy was able to ship the figure across the Pacific faster than Canada Post was able to ship it across Canada. I was not very impressed with Canada Post, customs, etc.

View user profile
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

Interestingly enough, I ordered an S22 from Giantoy in the last week of July, and it took Giantoy only about five days to get it to British Columbia, where it spent another five days in processing before being sent to Winnipeg, where once again it waited for another several days before finally being shipped to Montreal.  In short, Giantoy was able to ship the figure across the Pacific faster than Canada Post was able to ship it across Canada.  I was not very impressed with Canada Post, customs, etc.  


Yep, GianToy are very speedy and reliable, they recently got an S19 and a pair of head sculpts to me in just over a week. They seem to have a 'system' that seems to satisfy UK Customs Wink. They're rapidly becoming my favoured seller.

I think I'm going to buy base bodies and bigger sets exclusively from them for the next few months, at least. Buying from cheaper sellers is all well and good, but then you have the whole roulette game with UK Customs to consider. If a seller marks the package 'incorrectly' you can guarantee yourself a hefty fee that more than cancels out any savings you made in the first place.

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum