OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145#

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

skywalkersaga

You could be right about the body type -- I can't say for sure as I don't own one of the buxom bodies. But either way, I still like it more than the usual muscle bodies. : )

Diana

I got mine and I love her! Couldn't be bothered with an Unboxing video, cause... there isn't much to unbox. But I'll take some photos with a proper backdrop/lighting setup in the near future.
Pretty sure it's the S28/29, but I'll post comparison shots to be sure.
Already ordered a separate pair of those boots, too. ^^

Here are some shots for the first impression:
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 Nancy010
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 Nancy011

skywalkersaga

Oh my gosh, she's GORGEOUS! Simple as she may be, she was one of my fave tbleague figures from this past year. I think I may just have to pick her up at some point, or the headsculpt at the very least...

GeeWillikers

Ah, cool! Hopefully mine should be on it's way soon then (GianToy still have it listed as a preorder though).

Looks nice.  I'm thinking of using a different body though - any signs of staining/indents etc?

Oh, and - did you undo the ponytail, or did it arrive without one (makes no real difference, I'm just curious) ?

Ovy

Ovy
Hah, nice one, she looks ready to save Ken from Hell.

I guess those black boots are similar to Painkiller Jane's red ones, with those heavy metal soles for great stability?

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:Oh my gosh, she's GORGEOUS! Simple as she may be, she was one of my fave tbleague figures from this past year. I think I may just have to pick her up at some point, or the headsculpt at the very least...
RIIIGHT?? Very Happy

GeeWillikers wrote:Ah, cool! Hopefully mine should be on it's way soon then (GianToy still have it listed as a preorder though).

Looks nice.  I'm thinking of using a different body though - any signs of staining/indents etc?

Oh, and - did you undo the ponytail, or did it arrive without one (makes no real difference, I'm just curious) ?
I ordered from KGHobby. When I once ordered the basic male bodies from Giantoy and KGHobby at the same time, both arrived on the same day, so... hopefully she arrives soon.
She does have the ponytail and it's still there. It just doesn't stand up like it does in the product shots. Could be helped but I don't care to.
I haven't done anything with her other than find that one pose, so I can't say anything about staining issues yet.

Ovy wrote:Hah, nice one, she looks ready to save Ken from Hell.

I guess those black boots are similar to Painkiller Jane's red ones, with those heavy metal soles for great stability?
Yes, those boots are exactly like those of Painkiller Jane, just shorter. Posing her is a dream. Very Happy

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Glad to see the face sculpt turned out great! I wasn't liking the face in the promo pics, i see Shawn Wayans character in White Chicks! Very Happy

@aeryndiana, Jessica Jones looks fantastic!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She does look great. No Wayans brothers resemblance at all! Smile

Diana

Diana
@rollotomasi I agree!! Very Happy

Here are a few more shots. The real deal will follow at the weekend no doubt. bounce

fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 Nancy013
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 Nancy012
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 Nancy014
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 Nancy016
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 Nancy015

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Wow, that is easily one of TBL's nicest head sculpts. Seems like it might also look good on a pale body.

Really looking forward to getting this now. Very Happy

Hopefully they've addressed some of the build issues I experienced with the latest TBL bodies - I've a sneaking suspicion they might have better quality control for full sets than base bodies. Fingers crossed!

Diana

Diana
Took some nicer pictures.
Check them out on Flickr if you wanna see them:
https://flickr.com/photos/139435784@N02/sets/72157680317166768

Here is a preview:
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 Ad3bee10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Beautiful shots. The color filter really changes the style.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Gorgeous photos and subjects! And as for Nancy, I really, really like her. It's interesting to see the difference that having a head that is specifically 'scaled' to that body makes.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
Stryker2011 wrote:Beautiful shots. The color filter really changes the style.
Not a color filter. 2 Philipps Hue lamps. One red, one blue. My room looks like that a lot. Cool

skywalkersaga wrote:Gorgeous photos and subjects! And as for Nancy, I really, really like her. It's interesting to see the difference that having a head that is specifically 'scaled' to that body makes.
Definitely. Can't have a haggard face with that body. Natalie Portman looked pretty good on the S29, too!

teamweapon

looks NICE!!!
what does the bra look like on her?

Diana

Diana
teamweapon wrote:looks NICE!!!
what does the bra look like on her?
If I ever find out I'll let you know. I have no intention of futzing with that outfit unnecessarily. It's not a part of this hobby that I enjoy and I love the outfit as is. ^^;

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Mine is now on it's way (although GianToy still have it listed as a pre-order) but it could take a week or two as it appears to actually be coming from China as opposed to the UK warehouse.

Really looking forward to this but hopefully I don't get stung by customs... Neutral

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeWillikers wrote:Mine is now on it's way (although GianToy still have it listed as a pre-order) but it could take a week or two as it appears to actually be coming from China as opposed to the UK warehouse.

Really looking forward to this but hopefully I don't get stung by customs... Neutral

Aw, fingers crossed! I got hit by ridiculous customs charge recently, but that's because it was being shipped via ParcelForce... argh. Never again.  Evil or Very Mad

Diana

Diana
I ordered from KGHobby. They are always so fast and the tracking is convenient and detailed, too.
(I've enjoyed Giantoy, too, except the tracking is a little less convenient.)

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Quite nice, if a little too clean for a girl with a chainsaw.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I was thinking she would be a little more greasy, myself.  Very Happy

THRILLING NEW INSTALMENT:  

Maybe mine isn't coming in from China after all, it's already at a regional Royal Mail distribution centre and seems to have bypassed UK customs entirely. Smile

Hopefully it arrives by the end of this week rather than a little grey card demanding money with menaces...

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Lucky you, I've been hit every time just lately.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I don't have that many full sets, and I've been very lucky up to now to not get gouged on any of them. It's getting the base bodies where I seem to suffer!

I'm preparing to take a serious hit on the Vampirella set in the near future, though...

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
She has arrived! No customs charge!

As we've already discussed, this is a pretty basic figure, but on the whole I'm very pleased. I'll get my qualms out of the way first:

It's a standard 29B body. While I love the design of this body (with the caveat that I still think the arms are too short) I've been less than thrilled with the build quality. This seems smoother in it's movements but I'll reserve final judgement for a while.

The clothing: the top and bra are fairly flimsy and will certainly wear and fray with time. I'm fine with the blood spatter, but it obviously limits the outfit's kitbash potential. I'd have personally preferred there not to be any but it's far from a deal-breaker.

And now the good stuff:

Gorgeous headsculpt, very photogenic. The boots are fantastic, and thanks to them posing her is effortless, even with the chainsaw extended out from the body. The chainsaw itself is full of fun little details (see pics).

A few super-hasty straight-from-the-box flash pics for your edification and delight:

fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN7988
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN8018
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN8037
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN8039
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN8046
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN8064
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN8067
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN8071
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN8072
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN6614

Some better, more choreographed pics to follow, once I've introduced her to her hockey-masked serial-killing nemesis Smile

Seems like I'm going to have to get me some zombies, now...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She’s awesome, I love her!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks great. Love the chainsaw details and decals.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Congratulations! And please don't lose that chainsaw... it is so swell! Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
UPDATE:

The build on these 28/29 bodies continues to be problematic for me, and the problems seem to centre on the arms. Two days in, she's starting to experience 'weak wrist syndrome' - specifically the right wrist, a problem I've experienced with both of the other 29's in my collection (although not the sole 28 I own, oddly). Changing over the hands with this model is much more difficult than usual in my experience of them, for some reason. The skeleton bar from wrist 'ball' to arm 'socket' seems much thinner and weaker than usual and is very easily stressed. As a result, the chainsaw no longer holds up so well and so it now requires more careful positioning. Not that traumatic, but certainly disappointing. On the plus side, I'm not yet experiencing any of the other arm-related troubles I've experienced with those other 29s in my collection.

So as far as the body is concerned, while I might grab another 28 to test out if this problem is peculiar to the 29, I'm going to hold off from buying more for a while now.

That grumble aside, still loving her!

ACTION SHOTS!

fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN8155
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN8156
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN8160
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN8164
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN8175
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN8180
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN8188
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN8190
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN8194

As you can see, posing her is still a dream (in the fifth picture she is in that awkward pose while happily balanced on one foot and only the edge of the other) . Her nemesis looks positively clunky by comparison.

And finally:

This may be sacreligious, but the kitbasher in me cannot be tamed - I tried a different head [YMT015A] on her and goshdarnit, I quite like it:

fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN8138
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN8120
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN8106
fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 2 DSCN8112

Getting ever closer to that Cassie Hack kitbash I'm dreaming of... I may need to buy another Nancy, or at least work out a headsculpt rota. Very Happy

Diana

Diana
Great photo shoot!! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum