OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1 / 6 shape series [modified version] high movable female body - 92003 & 4 joint / 92005 & 6 plastic

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

skywalkersaga

csyeung wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:From my experience with these, the visible-jointed version has the superior flexibility of the limbs. The semi-seamless version has trouble wtih the knees, especially, in that they don't bend much further than a sitting position. I had planned to do a kneeling position with one, but it didn't bend that far. I'll have to double check on the newer upgraded versions, though.

I just tried and I could only get to 90 degrees for the knee, not sure if it can go further as it feels like there is resistance. It does have ratcheted knee joints though so it will keep that 90 degree if you wanted to.

Yes, ok, then it's the same as the original semi-seamless version in that regard.

Ovy

Illusion and me also made some posing tests some time ago, Illusion tried different poses with this body (older version). Never tranlated it though:

http://forum.action-figure-district.de/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2760&start=10

csyeung

Ovy wrote:Illusion and me also made some posing tests some time ago, Illusion tried different poses with this body (older version). Never tranlated it though:

http://forum.action-figure-district.de/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2760&start=10

thanks Ovy! that post is very informative. I just threw the page into google chrome and it translated it for me heh.

couturiervite

Has anyone seen the seamless ones in stock anywhere?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Every time I've seen them, they're usually gone in seconds. Sucks that the ugly jointed ones show up all over the place, and yet Pop Toys doesn't seem willing to go back and make more of the seamless at any decent rate (or amount); though I've heard that they bodies aren't all that great, anyway.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

ModifiedShapeSeries - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1 / 6 shape series [modified version] high movable female body - 92003 & 4 joint / 92005 & 6 plastic - Page 2 C8485110

couturiervite

couturiervite
I like them; the small bust came with Serene Hound Katherine and I've been looking for them ever since. There's really no other good petite option. Sad

csyeung

csyeung
I ended up getting a visible joint version for my Ellie kitbash and yea the visible joint version has superior articulation. I can get her in a raised arm swing pose.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Pre-ordered March 30, 2021 from a local store, finally got them yesterday, 2 large busts and 1 mid bust "seamless" suntans.
They come powdered but not evenly so i had to wipe the excess off.
One had several white spots on the legs that wouldn't wipe off i thought they were damages on the rubber but fortunately they're just powder marks on the rubber but i had to vigorously rub them off using a damp cloth.

While carefully adjusting the ankle pegs to make it stand, i broke one! The ankle peg metal screws were so #$%* tight on all 3!
I spent the rest of the evening trying to pry out the damn stem, finally managed to remove it by corkscrew method.
So when you get these, i suggest you loosen the damn ankle screws a bit before anything else.

The elbows and knees look great when bent, like what it would look like in 1:1.
Not really sure but I feel the rubber will tear if left in a bent position.

Wrist pegs are just plain stems, its very easy to change hands and they stay on snugly.
As mentioned by Csyeung, they come with sword-grip hands which i find neat also since I'm using one for a Hermione bash so hand for holding wand... check!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That's probably my main complaint about these , too --- those ankle screws are really annoying when you want to swap to different type of feet or footwear. Otherwise, they are nice and useful for what they are!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Sounds like a pain, Craig. Thanks for reporting, wish it were a better experience.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Welp, my positive feelings about this body are swiftly evaporating. I just had a wrist on one of these snap with not even that much pressure. I think the range of movement I was expecting was just not there, and it reacted accordingly, but still. Sucks because the remnants of the peg are stuck in the wrist, rendering the whole body useless now.

I had a look at the older version of this body, and it has a totally different wrist peg. Sad to say, but I actually think I preferred the old body, even with its shorter neck. Unfortunately, it's now very hard to find... :/

csyeung

csyeung
skywalkersaga wrote:Welp, my positive feelings about this body are swiftly evaporating. I just had a wrist on one of these snap with not even that much pressure. I think the range of movement I was expecting was just not there, and it reacted accordingly, but still. Sucks because the remnants of the peg are stuck in the wrist, rendering the whole body useless now.

I had a look at the older version of this body, and it has a totally different wrist peg. Sad to say, but I actually think I preferred the old body, even with its shorter neck. Unfortunately, it's now very hard to find... :/

that sucks =(. I have heard people drilling in a small screw, then pulling it out with pliers to remove broken pegs.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
csyeung wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Welp, my positive feelings about this body are swiftly evaporating. I just had a wrist on one of these snap with not even that much pressure. I think the range of movement I was expecting was just not there, and it reacted accordingly, but still. Sucks because the remnants of the peg are stuck in the wrist, rendering the whole body useless now.

that sucks =(. I have heard people  drilling in a small screw, then pulling it out with pliers to remove broken pegs.

Sounds like that might work, but sadly I don't have the tools to do that. :/

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
@Sky, sorry to hear that.
I have a wrist ball joint that doesn't pivot at all, like its superglued.
Its ridiculous they highlighted their new joints as "Reinforcement of Hand/Foot joint" in the pic above then we end up with broken ones!
I do love the semi-seamless design (and the price) that I'm willing to overlook the issues.

I looked around for the smallest pointed screw and used the cheap precision screwdrivers for eyeglasses.
https://www.amazon.com/Screwdriver-Precision-Different-Flathead-Screwdrivers/dp/B07QYL9KJT
Something like that but buy at the dollar store.

The plastic peg is hard so the tiny screw slides off when i apply pressure, so i used a cutter to make repeated slices on the rim of the stuck peg,
creating a wedge where the screw can anchor itself and go deeper then pull out with long nose pliers. Hope it works out.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thank you for the tips, rollotomasi! Hopefully I can fix it at some point.

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
For anybody who owns either seemless or jointed arm versions, can you achieve the advertised torso posing in the picture below? I'd be pleasantly surprised if they did as a similar body by verycool did not hold torso movement at all.

ModifiedShapeSeries - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1 / 6 shape series [modified version] high movable female body - 92003 & 4 joint / 92005 & 6 plastic - Page 2 S-l16010

csyeung

csyeung
ModifiedShapeSeries - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1 / 6 shape series [modified version] high movable female body - 92003 & 4 joint / 92005 & 6 plastic - Page 2 Dsc03416

I cracked out one of my semi seamless ones, You can easily bend it like this. The knees are a little harder to achieve and will need force because of the silicone sleeve over the knees. The non seamless ones are easier to bend the knees and elbows. You will notice that there will be a visible gap though under the breast area and legs depending on angle. They hide it nicely in their production photos.

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
csyeung wrote:ModifiedShapeSeries - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1 / 6 shape series [modified version] high movable female body - 92003 & 4 joint / 92005 & 6 plastic - Page 2 Dsc03416

I cracked out one of my semi seamless ones, You can easily bend it like this. The knees are a little harder to achieve and will need force because of the silicone sleeve over the knees. The non seamless ones are easier to bend the knees and elbows. You will notice that there will be a visible gap though under the breast area and legs depending on angle. They hide it nicely in their production photos.

Not bad at all, thank you for the photo! Would you mind taking another picture of it sitting, legs straight forward while crunching as far forward as possible?

Do you think the torso has a plastic spine or a metal one? I know the shoulder connections are plastic but hoping the torso is metal too hold the weight of that flexible material.

csyeung

csyeung
ModifiedShapeSeries - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1 / 6 shape series [modified version] high movable female body - 92003 & 4 joint / 92005 & 6 plastic - Page 2 Dsc03417

You mean like this? It can't really do crunches that well. Also the silicone bunches at the leg joint so pushing further down is harder. As far as I know, the inner workings should be a plastic piece with some kind of ball joint so there's some side to side twist as well. This body really is more for light posing and a more lower budget body for characters you don't need extreme poses for. I'd suggest going for a tbleague if you're looking for more extreme posing (they can do the ab crunch super easy). I believe their bodies are the only ones with a full metal skeleton. Even the Jiaous I believe are plastic inner skeleton from what I've read.

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
csyeung wrote:

You mean like this? It can't really do crunches that well. Also the silicone bunches at the leg joint so pushing further down is harder. As far as I know, the inner workings should be a plastic piece with some kind of ball joint so there's some side to side twist as well. This body really is more for light posing and a more lower budget body for characters you don't need extreme poses for. I'd suggest going for a tbleague if you're looking for more extreme posing (they can do the ab crunch super easy). I believe their bodies are the only ones with a full metal skeleton. Even the Jiaous I believe are plastic inner skeleton from what I've read.

Yes that's a good picture. Shame I was hoping for more flexibility. I already own two TBLeague 29s and they both had shoulder issues with staying put. If that wasn't bad enough both eventually got the inner arm skeleton inverted. If I could make changes to the inner skeleton it would be to make sure the shoulder and elbow and go both ways so flipping wouldn't be an issue. I'm excited about the newest tbleague, close to a 29 but smaller breasts. The shoulder issue might keep me away for a while, just keep looking around to see if anyone is producing what I'm looking for.

Thanks for your help!

csyeung

csyeung
I'm not sure if I had a similar problem, but on my 25 sometimes it seemed like the elbows were bending the wrong way. I believe it was because i rotated at the shoulder in the wrong direction. I slowly rotated it back and could feel it rotated back in place and the arm bent back naturally. I just think it was sitting in an inverted position rather than its natural. Try massaging the shoulder and see if you can rotate it back to a more natural position and it may fix the problem. I think on the smaller figures (and this is just me guessing) the silicone is not embedded as strongly as some of their older figures so you end up rotating the shoulders too much that it comes loose and somehow end up facing the wrong direction. In which case this can cause the arms to bend backwards in the wrong direction and probably what makes your shoulders not stay put cause it's been twisted in the other direction.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Suchsneak -- I had some problems with some of the tbleague bodies i bought back in 2020-ish, but the ones I've bought recently seem ok. I think they might have just had some production issues for a while.

I was also handling my PopToys bodies today but didn't get a chance to get a photo. Can conform mine also did that bent-back pose though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum