OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Duality of Monsters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Duality of Monsters Empty The Duality of Monsters Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:27 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
I recently gave my photomanipulation skills a shot at recreating more interesting backdrops for my characters. All backgrounds are my own photography/digital collages. It was very time consuming. lol But this is close to the ideal 'look' of the universe I have envisioned.

The Duality of Monsters 20678410
The Duality of Monsters 20150510
The Duality of Monsters 20150511The Duality of Monsters 68377210
The Duality of Monsters 37653310
The Duality of Monsters 57233810
The Duality of Monsters 82938510
The Duality of Monsters 79835510
The Duality of Monsters 73435610
The Duality of Monsters 29857510
The Duality of Monsters 92877510
The Duality of Monsters 62994910The Duality of Monsters 47858710

2The Duality of Monsters Empty Re: The Duality of Monsters Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:01 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Funny. Nice photo manipulations. I wish I had the patience to learn how to do that, being able to tell stories in photo/comic format would be cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Duality of Monsters C8485110

3The Duality of Monsters Empty Re: The Duality of Monsters Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:13 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Haha, love it! I enjoy seeing your work here, and this little photo-story is especially amusing and well done. And glad to see female character in your line-up. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4The Duality of Monsters Empty Re: The Duality of Monsters Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:18 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Gorgeous results, thanks for sharing. And fun way to present it. The first photo with the blonde does seem a little obvious, but overall I think it all worked out beautifully. The character with the bug-like helmet mask -- is he supposed to not have pants or shorts? Because if so, he seems to be missing something that he might want to cover up whether it is there or not... Smile

5The Duality of Monsters Empty Re: The Duality of Monsters Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:07 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Thanks everyone. Smile I have had some pretty bad outcomes in the past, but with a lot of trial and error I know just enough to make the scenes passable - much respect to all the professionals out there.

I haven't figured out what kind of character I want the female to be, right now she's just a random civilian/acquaintance.

As for Mantis/Manthius, I was going for an 'organic alien suit' beneath its exoskeleton armor, the idea being that they are a clone of the other character, but possessing no reproductive organs or specific gender.

6The Duality of Monsters Empty Re: The Duality of Monsters Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:31 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Good work, and yes, I find it very tedious myself, which is why I haven't done any in many months. If ever you want some tips on how to improve your technique, I'd be happy to pass them on.

7The Duality of Monsters Empty Re: The Duality of Monsters Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:46 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Sure thing. I'm always open to constructive criticism, and you seem to have a pretty good grasp of photographing these things in general so I'll accept your wisdom. Smile

8The Duality of Monsters Empty Re: The Duality of Monsters Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:55 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
AlKelAstra91 wrote:Sure thing. I'm always open to constructive criticism, and you seem to have a pretty good grasp of photographing these things in general so I'll accept your wisdom. Smile

Given that I was trained in a commercial photography school by working photographers, I try to be at least "pretty good" though I have yet to put in the sort of effort DesertDragon has in his work on this scale. That too may come to pass. But always, I am open to helping others.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum