OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Converting Arnold Schwarzenegger KP Conan Head

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Tjolnir

Truer words were never spoken, my friend. I have always found it annoying that Hot Toys seems determined to never give their male figures with long hair the real thing, and now they seem to be sliding backwards on some of their females. So frustrating. But unfortunately the insecure males who hate rooted hair (“I don’t like collecting Barbie’s!”) are far more adamant in their complaints to HT.

thanks, had to read the middle part twice and to make sure first: i read correctly and not had to many beers under the spanish sun and second: not spit out said beer laughing and gurgling at the same time Wink who on earth would value a part of his hobby differently based on the used materials as if the people in question wouldn't doubt his "masculinity " in the first place anyways for collecting "dolls"
i don't think the average joe is shunning rooted hair AND on the other hand is perfectly on board of the top of the 1/6 "kids toy" is made of plastic as well o.O . if someone was to make fun of the topic seeing a grown person with 1/6 stuff in hand or on shelve would be reason enough.
the old boss of mine, who might i say would be the german counterpart of a proper english gentleman( if such a thing exists Smile ) always made fun of my "nazi barbies" in a way we both had a good chuckle. i used to orderd the figures directly to my workplace, still do, for i am there 10 hours a day.
he was kind of fascinated though still deemed them "unnecessary" for the served no other purpose but to be posed.
never had a problem with my hobby being public(occasionally i ask for coworkers opinions for they are honest based on the fact that they don't give a damn in the first place Smile ) even my wife doesn"t mind and while she comments about the buildings i create for my dioramas, she's not very fond of the violence portrait within.
other than that its my business in terms of how i spend my money and my time.

so if my "masculinity" would depend on rooted or molded hair i'd be in deep trouble.
fun fact, if anything, molded hair looks far more like ken from barbie, sooooo

Stryker2011

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Forgive me if this is a silly question, but how exactly do people complain to Hot Toys? Is HT just reading the SSF boards and pandering to their every whim? Or is there some other way people complain to them, like via social media? I’m just confused as to why a company like that would be listening (and catering) to just one particular group of outdated dudebros on one single forum...    

ETA: And thank you, GF, for the detailed explanations of how to make the accessories more screen-accurate. I have no idea how many KP parts I’ll be able to pick up, but I’ll see what I can do. I think even just fixing the Mr. Toys necklace so it’s not so long might help.

I do think your modded KP headsculpt is now the better of the two in terms of likeness to Conan Arnie. Smile

It’s my understanding that the majority of comments reach them via Facebook. They don’t always care what people think, and don’t always change things based on those complaints, but JC Hong has his own Facebook account, and he listens quite a bit (he’s pretty much the Star sculptor for the majority of HT projects). Many people recently complained about Amadala at the cons, and he posted that it was just an early prototype and that many upgrades would be made — so, as I said, he does listen. Though some things can’t always be changed with so many people getting the final say.

skywalkersaga

Ah ok, thanks for explaining. I figured it must have been via some form of social media, so that makes sense. : )

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Yet another nefarious side to social media (as if we needed another)? Although in principle, like the Force, social media is grey and can be used both for good and evil. Smile JC Hong listening should generally be a good thing, but like Mark said, it's more complicated than that.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Not at all a Conan fan, but what you ended up with looks a hell of a lot better than what you started off with.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Not at all a Conan fan, but what you ended up with looks a hell of a lot better than what you started off with.  

Thank you very much! That is high praise indeed. I can relate, as I too can appreciate well done figures and customs regardless of whether they are my thing or not.

Allotropos

Allotropos
excellent mod !!
well done !

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Allotropos wrote:excellent mod !! well done !

Thank you very much!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum