OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider Empty Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:21 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
I usually like to make my own custom figures but I came across this offering from Arc Project and knew I wanted it. So all the part arrives today and here she is. Please enjoy the pictures. I provided the unmasked head and the TbLeague body. Everything else is from Arc Project.

Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider 48696690102_9fa3d62610_zDSC07169 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider 48696176668_4fb8219389_zDSC07168 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider 48696176688_f6108aa161_zDSC07167 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider 48696690227_5923352c92_zDSC07166 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider 48696520031_8b0d6cc906_zDSC07165 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider 48696520071_5af84e8819_zDSC07164 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider 48696520116_981797d70a_zDSC07163 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider 48696176853_3347700205_zDSC07162 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

The suit was so easy to put on, I didn't even have to use any corn starch.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty cool. I’ve only ever seen images of the character, but never read any comics with her — other than the original Gwen Stacy who died. From a design standpoint, I like her costume, but the teal ballet slippers/flats make no sense at all, and seem out of place — I find it hard to believe a woman would make such a fashion faux pas.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider C8485110

3Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider Empty Re: Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:54 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice! I also like your choice of unmasked headsculpt for her. 

And it's always a bonus when these tiny clothing items turn out to be 'easy' to put on tbleague bodies, lol. 

I can't comment on the green shoes, as I'm completely unfamiliar with the source material, but I just presumed they were a quirk of the character or something.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Stryker2011 wrote:Pretty cool. I’ve only ever seen images of the character, but never read any comics with her — other than the original Gwen Stacy who died. From a design standpoint, I like her costume, but the teal ballet slippers/flats make no sense at all, and seem out of place — I find it hard to believe a woman would make such a fashion faux pas.

I get your gripe about the shoe thing but it really doesn't bother me at all. Would you prefer that they be black? That might look cool. I always wondered how Pete was able to make the soles of his boots. I must have missed that class (shoe making) in school. Anyway I was willing to let it go because we got Spider-Man and he is always so freaking cool.

In the movie "Into the Spider-verse" they (Gwen's Shoes) really looked like ballet slippers with the ribbon going up her legs.
I made my own custom before I purchased this Spider Gwen and gave her boots. The suit was limiting articulation among other problems.

Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider 48699827188_e52b9b36ba_zDSC07094 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Plus. I wanted to stay true to the source material (for once) at when a different direction.
skywalkersaga wrote:Nice! I also like your choice of unmasked headsculpt for her. 

And it's always a bonus when these tiny clothing items turn out to be 'easy' to put on tbleague bodies, lol. 

I can't comment on the green shoes, as I'm completely unfamiliar with the source material, but I just presumed they were a quirk of the character or something.

Thanks. I think you are correct. Here she is in cosplay.

Ovy

Ovy
Never heard of the character, but good choice of the headsculpt, it's that YM toys one that comes in black red and blonde, right?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Your custom looked nice too! Though I understand wanting better articulation. 

For what it's worth, I have no problem with the green shoes, I figured they were probably to give her a bit of a ballerina/dancer vibe.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Ovy wrote:Never heard of the character, but good choice of the headsculpt, it's that YM toys one that comes in black red and blonde, right?

You nailed my friend, It's amazing how different they all look just with hair color. You have not seen "Into the SPider-Verse?" I t was really good.
skywalkersaga wrote:Your custom looked nice too! Though I understand wanting better articulation. 

For what it's worth, I have no problem with the green shoes, I figured they were probably to give her a bit of a ballerina/dancer vibe.
Thanks. I feel exactly the same about the slippers and the articulation. At lease they didn't give her pink Crocs to where. I would have had to draw a line on that choice.

8Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider Empty Re: Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:37 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL yes, crocs are a crime against humanity! Smile Looking great, actually, and a suitable head sculpt. In the video, which was fun, at times it seemed like Deadpool and Spidey switched personalities.

blackpool

blackpool
Very cool project, I'd love to have her standing next to my spidey!!! Do you have a link for that set?

Thanks for sharing anyway, this is an awesome custom!

10Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider Empty Re: Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:07 am

Ovy

Ovy
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:
Ovy wrote:Never heard of the character, but good choice of the headsculpt, it's that YM toys one that comes in black red and blonde, right?

You nailed my friend, It's amazing how different they all look just with hair color. You have not seen "Into the SPider-Verse?" I t was really good.
I know right? I have the black one and ordered the red one, painting the faces will hide the similarity of the sculpts even more.

11Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider Empty Re: Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:57 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
blackpool wrote:Very cool project, I'd love to have her standing next to my spidey!!! Do you have a link for that set?

Thanks for sharing anyway, this is an awesome custom!

Her you go. Scroll down a bit and you will see her.
https://www.facebook.com/ArcProjectCustomFigure/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARC1rE908su4N7g6uCesAXTwZUoX9_pSEwavVXfC5VS_2zCzoHRxD4hjnBGgjrY3HiMDriKyQgFISii9

12Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider Empty Re: Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:32 am

blackpool

blackpool
Thanks a lot bro!

13Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider Empty Re: Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:05 am

brassco

brassco
I like this one! I wished someone make it! Some great pose there! I am curious about the breast outline on the tight suit. It is drawn there, right?

14Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider Empty Re: Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:49 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
brassco wrote: I like this one! I wished someone make it! Some great pose there! I am curious about the breast outline on the tight suit. It is drawn there, right?

Yeah, it came that way. They airbrushed it on.

15Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider Empty Re: Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:38 am

brassco

brassco
I just found out the price of this set from Arc Project. It's $230, $290 if including the TBL body. I think it is pretty ex, with just the outfit and HS.

16Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider Empty Re: Arc Project Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:17 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
brassco wrote:I just found out the price of this set from Arc Project. It's $230, $290 if including the TBL body. I think it is pretty ex, with just the outfit and HS.

I admit it was not cheap by any means. I went the the cheaper route as I has a body already. With that said, I'm still very happy with the figure but understand if there are those that just do not want to drop that kind of coin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum