OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS028 1/6 Scale Danvers figure

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

csyeung

FreakinLobster wrote:Do anyone have any news about this figure? I've been waiting for it for so long...

Just got invoiced today for this figure so I'll post pics whenever I get it.

FreakinLobster

Awesome news! I'll be waiting for your photos, since I don't know when will I get mine... international shipping to my country is kinda messy.

Update: I just receive an invoice for the figure. Neat. Now, we wait... a bit more... bounce

csyeung

Shipping was superfast and arrived here this morning! I thin that was less than 10 days since it was shipped, like 7 or 8!

apologize for the image heavy posts, but wanted to show a bunch of pics for those interested.

Here are pics of the unboxing
Box is pretty simple, picture of prototype in black shoebox with foam inserts.

NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS028 1/6 Scale Danvers figure - Page 2 Dsc00912
NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS028 1/6 Scale Danvers figure - Page 2 Dsc00911
NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS028 1/6 Scale Danvers figure - Page 2 Dsc00910

couple of in hand pictures with swtoys sculpt

NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS028 1/6 Scale Danvers figure - Page 2 Dsc00917
NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS028 1/6 Scale Danvers figure - Page 2 Dsc00916

Some pics with hot toys carol headsculpt

NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS028 1/6 Scale Danvers figure - Page 2 Dsc00918
NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS028 1/6 Scale Danvers figure - Page 2 Dsc00920

And some candid pics

NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS028 1/6 Scale Danvers figure - Page 2 Dsc00919
NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS028 1/6 Scale Danvers figure - Page 2 Dsc00921
NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS028 1/6 Scale Danvers figure - Page 2 Dsc00923
NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS028 1/6 Scale Danvers figure - Page 2 Dsc00922
NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS028 1/6 Scale Danvers figure - Page 2 Dsc00924
NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS028 1/6 Scale Danvers figure - Page 2 Dsc00926
NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS028 1/6 Scale Danvers figure - Page 2 Dsc00925

csyeung

I should add that I had to use some bluetack for hot toys carol because her hair wont let her head peg to connect and for some reason its very deep inside the sculpt.

For more in hand photos, i did a quick review here

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the extra photos and video review, csyeung.

PitViper

PitViper
Is it just me, or does the 4th picture in csyeung's post make it look like the head is disproportionately large for the body?

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
It comes with the plaid shirt! Noice!

Thanks for the work you put on the photos and video review. For the price, the figure came out really good. Do you think this body can be swaped by a TBLeague or is it too thin and clothing too tight for this change?

I honestly bought this to bash into a regular biker girl. I gotta get her some glasses too...

Ovy

Ovy
Hi, what's that flightsuit you are using for your pilot bash?

csyeung

csyeung
PitViper wrote:Is it just me, or does the 4th picture in csyeung's post make it look like the head is disproportionately large for the body?

Do you mean the one with the stock head, It could be the hair. It's quite thick out of the box. You can see in the other pics the actual headsculpt is about the same size as the hot toys version. Also, the body is the common cheapo 3rd body teenish body i would say? Certainly smaller than a phicen.

Also I would caution that the stock body is fragile. the legs can been pulled out easily. Luckily it's an easy pop back in. The ankle extender piece broke when i was trying to remove a boot, although it's not a super big deal as I felt the legs were a bit long anyway so I snapped the other side off too, now she seems to be a good height to me and I really do like the figure kitbashed with the hot toys head. I'll throw in a picture in a bit of how she is now.

csyeung

csyeung
FreakinLobster wrote:It comes with the plaid shirt! Noice!

Thanks for the work you put on the photos and video review. For the price, the figure came out really good. Do you think this body can be swaped by a TBLeague or is it too thin and clothing too tight for this change?

I honestly bought this to bash into a regular biker girl. I gotta get her some glasses too...

No problems! Hope it really helps others to see in hand pictures. I got this relatively cheap compared to ebay prices. ( was like 80 bucks shipped so it's at a price point I don't mind for kitbashing). I would say the shirt and jacket should easily fit a phicen, Shirt is stretchy  and jacket has space, (I mean you may still need to use cling wrap to get it on probably haha). The boots have a peg hole, I think it should fit properly, let me check real quick with another fig. Yep, the boots pop on and off nicely with a phicen. Be aware that the boot is a solid plastic so it may limit a bit of ankle movement. The jeans may be the toughest piece to get on . Looking at it, it may be possible, but also will probably be a bit of a struggle. Some cling wrap, patience and push/pull may get it on. I think I've gotten tighter outfits onto a phicen hahah.

csyeung

csyeung
Ovy wrote:Hi, what's that flightsuit you are using for your pilot bash?

I found it on ebay. I'm pretty sure it was a BBI flight suit for a female pilot. Although on the listing I saw, they had the straps, which were pretty cool ( I didn't see on other bbi versions and it was no brand name was explicitly mentioned. Try "1/6 female pilot" in your search, the particular listing I had is sold out.

csyeung

csyeung

NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS028 1/6 Scale Danvers figure - Page 2 Dsc00927

My setup at the moment for this figure. You can see the boots just sit below the jeans now instead of showing the top part of boot.

Also you can see I tied the stock hair back more in the aviator suit and the head isn't that big on a phicen. Her wider jaw bone in the swtoys one may make it look like her head is wider though in certain lights. Also for freakinglobster, the aviator glasses I used here are from parted police woman costume set which you should be able to find fairly cheap from a few years ago.

Sorry for the multiple posts. I should figure out how to put everything into one post.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If you want to put each quote into the same post: Hit the "Multi-Quote" button at the bottom of each post you want to quote, then hit the "Post Reply" button at the very bottom as if you are going to make a new reply. Each of the different quotes will then show up, and you can place your cursor accordingly. (Hope that makes sense).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS028 1/6 Scale Danvers figure - Page 2 C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
oh! thanks for that, I didn't know what that multiquote was for!

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Once again, thanks for all the infos. I also got it for 80 USD, shipping included.
Good to know that the boots fit TBLeague's body, 'cuz they look nice. After putting the Black Cat suit on a S23 body (without cling wrap, powder or anything... newb mistake... man, was it hard but a lesson learnt), these pants shouldn't be as difficult. My biggest concearn is around the waist area. And now that you said the original body seems really cheap and fragile, it's another reason for me to swap.
I'm gonna wait for the figure to arrive to see which body will I get for it. Maybe one of those new bodies with narrower shoulders.

csyeung

csyeung
FreakinLobster wrote:Once again, thanks for all the infos. I also got it for 80 USD, shipping included.
Good to know that the boots fit TBLeague's body, 'cuz they look nice. After putting the Black Cat suit on a S23 body (without cling wrap, powder or anything... newb mistake... man, was it hard but a lesson learnt), these pants shouldn't be as difficult. My biggest concearn is around the waist area. And now that you said the original body seems really cheap and fragile, it's another reason for me to swap.
I'm gonna wait for the figure to arrive to see which body will I get for it. Maybe one of those new bodies with narrower shoulders.

Oh wow, that's quite a feat haha. I got the black cat too and the first thing I did was wrap my s23 in cling wrap haha. Wasn't so bad. I actually think the jeans may fit easier on a phicen though cause you can squeeze the silicone to make it fit whereas on the stock body as you will see it's superhard to move it up because it's a hard piece of plastic underneath. (I had to push it up a bit cause it was riding low out of the box) With a phicen she will probably be able to sit as well. On the stock body, it hinders the thigh joint. so very limited thigh/upper leg movement.

Yeah for the boots, just heat them up good with a blowdryer and they should pop off a lot easier. Try not to twist or wiggle it.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
My figure just arrived... and I got pretty disappointed with some things. Her neck came a bit twisted. Since the body is kinda soft, like a silicone one, I'm having a hard time to "un-twist" it, since it keeps getting back to that twisted shape.
Also, the pants don't allow for any side movement whatsoever because of the stitching on the crotch area. I can't even lightly spread her legs like in the promo pics. I even tried to pull her pants as far up as possible to see if in allowed a bit more motion... to no effect. A real bummer, 'cuz I was really hoping to use these pants on a TBLeague body.

Now, for the good part: I really liked the HS (it kinda feels big on this body unless you tie the hair), neat NIN shirt, cool weathering on the boots, some extra hands... but the best part is the jacket. It's so sick and well done.

Thanks for the info on the glasses, csyeung. I'm gonna try to find 'em.

csyeung

csyeung
FreakinLobster wrote:My figure just arrived... and I got pretty disappointed with some things. Her neck came a bit twisted. Since the body is kinda soft, like a silicone one, I'm having a hard time to "un-twist" it, since it keeps getting back to that twisted shape.
Also, the pants don't allow for any side movement whatsoever because of the stitching on the crotch area. I can't even lightly spread her legs like in the promo pics. I even tried to pull her pants as far up as possible to see if in allowed a bit more motion... to no effect. A real bummer, 'cuz I was really hoping to use these pants on a TBLeague body.

Now, for the good part: I really liked the HS (it kinda feels big on this body unless you tie the hair), neat NIN shirt, cool weathering on the boots, some extra hands... but the best part is the jacket. It's so sick and well done.

Thanks for the info on the glasses, csyeung. I'm gonna try to find 'em.

Oof that sucks about the neck. Maybe try to warm it up with a hairdryer first? The body really is the worst part of the set. They totally skimped out and grabbed the cheapest one. The pants are tight for sure. I did manage to push it up a tiny bit and able to spread the legs a bit into a more natural stance. The glasses were from the poptoys cosplay police woman set i believe.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum