OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bucky Barnes review

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bucky Barnes review Empty Bucky Barnes review Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:14 pm

michael crawford

It's been awhile since I looked at a Hot Toys Marvel figure, but the new Bucky Barnes is well worth the cash. Check out my review here:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-102319a.htm

or you can find it with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

Bucky Barnes review Review_bucky_11

2Bucky Barnes review Empty Re: Bucky Barnes review Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:24 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Great review, Michael. The portrait is excellent. My one nit is the sculpted hair. Why, Hot Toys?! Why? At this length and longer all hair should be rooted. It’s amazing to me how HT rarely listens to complaints or makes changes, but the one area where they DO seem to listen is all the insecure men who don’t want to play with Barbie’s — so no real hair on the men (and they also seem to be back-sliding on the females now, too). Sad, because it helps with the realism.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Bucky Barnes review C8485110

3Bucky Barnes review Empty Re: Bucky Barnes review Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:09 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A great review of a beautifully executed figure. While on principle I think the hair should have been "real," they did get that aspect of the sculpt and paint down to perfection, as they did with the facial features. But I do agree it is overpriced (especially considering the relatively limited accessories), and likely to indicate another general price hike on their part.

4Bucky Barnes review Empty Re: Bucky Barnes review Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:59 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I don't even collect Marvel figures, but this one does seem quite nice. And I'd be remiss if I didn't comment on his bionic arm, which looks awesome here. ;D

Since I don't have any plans to purchase this one, I feel a bit unqualified to comment on the 'real hair' issue, though of course I share that complaint with regards to the longer-haired HT sculpts in general. That said, depending on whether this one has the same kind of separate hairpiece as some of the others we've seen, it could end up as a candidate for custom tibetan lamb hair mods. Which, imo, probably looks nicer than any synthetic hair that would hypothetically be used in mass production.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

5Bucky Barnes review Empty Re: Bucky Barnes review Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:26 pm

MerylAkiba

I wonder if the hair is soft enough to remove?

6Bucky Barnes review Empty Re: Bucky Barnes review Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:11 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Sometimes the hair is a separate piece that can be pulled off -- in those cases, it's not an issue as to whether the plastic is too hard to carve into, as you're just pulling off a solid piece, if that makes sense. 

But I can't really tell for sure on this one, might be a bit tricky due to the design.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum