OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

skywalkersaga

shazzdan wrote:The most common warhorse was a Courser, not a Destrier. The closest modern horse would be a hunter or endurance horse around 15 hands tall.

Right, I get that. But I'm just saying that modern sporthorse bloodlines as well as their height/stature don't necessarily line up precisely with what would have been around then.  If you're just talking about rough equivalents in terms of the horses' capacities, then I can see what you're saying, as such horses could be fairly versatile, just like a present-day eventer or something similar. But the majority of modern sporthorses and even more traditional 'hunters' are breeds that have only developed in the last couple hundred years, and their previous equivalents, such as they were, would still have been somewhat different in the era were are discussing. And if one is looking at modern breeds which are currently still bred and trained for Classical Dressage [aka, cavalry movements], then we cannot discount the Spanish/Iberian horses from consideration as a possible present-day 'equivalent'.

Lynkhart

Yeah, the horse looks like a bit of a trainwreck from what I can see. :/ The armour on it looks nice though and hides most of the terrible anatomy! XD

http://lastalliancestudios.blogspot.co.uk

Rogerbee

Founding Father

If that armour really is all metal that body just won't support it, a ploy to make you get the horse methinks....

It's nice, but, I've never heard of the company before and it could be all the gear and no idea.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:
If that armour really is all metal that body just won't support it, a ploy to make you get the horse methinks....

It's nice, but, I've never heard of the company before and it could be all the gear and no idea.

They’re relatively new, but they’ve done other stuff (Napoleonic era) before.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

And was that any good!?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I've seen parts breakdowns on eBay, but I haven't seen anyone post any in-hand pictures. All the different parts looked good (including the head sculpts), and they appear to be on caliber with companies like DiD. They made a French Artillery (Napoleonic Era) canon, but it was around $350, so I imagine not many people are buying their stuff.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Armor - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H - Page 2 C8485110

shazzdan

shazzdan
They also did this
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-and-discussion-/855837-1-6-gothic-armour-brown-art.html

Armor - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H - Page 2 Ba-goth03

shazzdan

shazzdan
Rogerbee wrote:If that armour really is all metal that body just won't support it, a ploy to make you get the horse methinks....
You are confusing cast metal with metal plate. Their first one (above) was made from cast metal, which was way too heavy. This armour is plate steel; it won't weigh much more than plastic.

ahbake

So, did this ever get released?
Inaccuracies and all, it's a beautiful piece...

JohnByng

Not yet. I hope it will one day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum