OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: New Wjltoys: 1/6 Female LAZULI Figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
configuration list: 
- Head carving 
- Body Clothing: 
- Cowboy vest 
- Stripe sleeve top 
- Belts 
- Denim skirt 
- Black leggings 
- Fabric Boots

casual - NEW PRODUCT: New Wjltoys: 1/6 Female LAZULI Figure 130
casual - NEW PRODUCT: New Wjltoys: 1/6 Female LAZULI Figure 227
casual - NEW PRODUCT: New Wjltoys: 1/6 Female LAZULI Figure 327
casual - NEW PRODUCT: New Wjltoys: 1/6 Female LAZULI Figure 427
casual - NEW PRODUCT: New Wjltoys: 1/6 Female LAZULI Figure 526
casual - NEW PRODUCT: New Wjltoys: 1/6 Female LAZULI Figure 627
casual - NEW PRODUCT: New Wjltoys: 1/6 Female LAZULI Figure 727
casual - NEW PRODUCT: New Wjltoys: 1/6 Female LAZULI Figure 823
casual - NEW PRODUCT: New Wjltoys: 1/6 Female LAZULI Figure 923

#newproduct #female #clothing #headsculpt #casual

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting, although the head is far too cartoonish for my taste. Is it based on a comic or cartoon or game?

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:Interesting, although the head is far too cartoonish for my taste. Is it based on a comic or cartoon or game?

She's a Dragon Ball Z character, Android 18.

casual - NEW PRODUCT: New Wjltoys: 1/6 Female LAZULI Figure 8958076

I've never gotten into the series, although I have friends who are big fans. Something about the art just doesn't appeal to me, although the fact that it's so iconic and classic does have a weird charm. I actually like the head on the figure a lot. It's a weird, more realistic take on that art style that still manages to be very recognizable as the character. I think it's the hair that makes it more cartoonish, although it's definitely necessary for the character's look. I think I really want the head loose. I'd love to grind off all the sculpted hair and re-wig it, and see how it looks.

http://reverendspooky.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ah, thanks for the reference. Yep, they do convey the source material well, while making it a little more realistic with the face -- what you suggest might work, although they did give her Barbie 3.0 eyes (I'm making up terminology).

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:Ah, thanks for the reference. Yep, they do convey the source material well, while making it a little more realistic with the face -- what you suggest might work, although they did give her Barbie 3.0 eyes (I'm making up terminology).

No, that's a totally accurate term. And you're completely right, but I kinda dig her eyes anyway. I think the unnaturalness might be fun to work with, maybe work it into the character. Although, admittedly, my girl has been said to have unusually large eyes, so maybe I just have a type Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:No, that's a totally accurate term.  And you're completely right, but I kinda dig her eyes anyway.  I think the unnaturalness might be fun to work with, maybe work it into the character.  Although, admittedly, my girl has been said to have unusually large eyes, so maybe I just have a type Laughing

Funny, just the other day there was a thing on the news about a woman who's had numerous cosmetic surgeries to make her look like a Barbie doll. The next step is apparently removing six ribs! There's also a guy who's been doing the same sort of thing to look like a Ken doll. Well anyway, perhaps the former survived the apocalypse against all odds and can be recruited or rescued by your Radio Kings.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I actually really like the face; that in-between Anime/life-like thing is neat. But that helmet hair really kills it for me. I get what they were going for, but I still think it could have been done with rooted hair and a crap-ton of hair product.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

casual - NEW PRODUCT: New Wjltoys: 1/6 Female LAZULI Figure C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:Funny, just the other day there was a thing on the news about a woman who's had numerous cosmetic surgeries to make her look like a Barbie doll. The next step is apparently removing six ribs! There's also a guy who's been doing the same sort of thing to look like a Ken doll. Well anyway, perhaps the former survived the apocalypse against all odds and can be recruited or rescued by your Radio Kings.

I've heard about her! Yeah, I have a bad feeling things wouldn't be great for her when it all comes crumbling down. And curious how far Ken doll guy plans to go with this. Usually the phrase "like a Ken doll" refers to a lack of junk, so lets hope this guys keeping the modifications above the waist. Suspect

Stryker2011 wrote:I actually really like the face; that in-between Anime/life-like thing is neat. But that helmet hair really kills it for me. I get what they were going for, but I still think it could have been done with rooted hair and a crap-ton of hair product.

I'd really love to see if it could be done well. You've definitely got me curious.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:And curious how far Ken doll guy plans to go with this.  Usually the phrase "like a Ken doll" refers to a lack of junk, so lets hope this guys keeping the modifications above the waist.   Suspect

I rather doubt human "Ken" has thought about this lack of consistency. Although, if he's crazy enough to go through all these modifications... then again, he might argue the only reason Kens are the way they are is because they are to be handled by children, whereas he's the adult version. Pity for him he started before there were male Phicens or Jiaous.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:And curious how far Ken doll guy plans to go with this.  Usually the phrase "like a Ken doll" refers to a lack of junk, so lets hope this guys keeping the modifications above the waist.   Suspect

I rather doubt human "Ken" has thought about this lack of consistency. Although, if he's crazy enough to go through all these modifications... then again, he might argue the only reason Kens are the way they are is because they are to be handled by children, whereas he's the adult version. Pity for him he started before there were male Phicens or Jiaous.

Lol. Hey, if Barbie's ditching some ribs, I'm thinking all bets are off on the lengths people will go!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

Lol.  Hey, if Barbie's ditching some ribs, I'm thinking all bets are off on the lengths people will go!

OUCH!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

casual - NEW PRODUCT: New Wjltoys: 1/6 Female LAZULI Figure C8485110

dadrab

dadrab
Anyone watch The Office?

casual - NEW PRODUCT: New Wjltoys: 1/6 Female LAZULI Figure 627  casual - NEW PRODUCT: New Wjltoys: 1/6 Female LAZULI Figure 230px-Angela_Martin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum