OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did somebody say motorcycles?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Did somebody say motorcycles? Empty Did somebody say motorcycles? Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:53 pm

GregT

had this
Did somebody say motorcycles? 6an2000_zps26ec53f9
did this instead
Did somebody say motorcycles? IMG_8078_zpsuqcotyjj

had two of these
Did somebody say motorcycles? M_image_zpsf9bb0153

altered both
Did somebody say motorcycles? IMG_8443-2_zpsimshfkm2

Did somebody say motorcycles? IMG_8445-2_zpsbbbioyn1

Did somebody say motorcycles? IMG_8442_zps8n3lwucg

Testors Road King with Arlen Ness front end and bobbed rear fender
Did somebody say motorcycles? IMG_6562_zps742c40e5

(this Fat Boy is the same one as three pics above)
Did somebody say motorcycles? IMG_6307_zpsce47ca83

there's a couple more unfinished, plus a half-dozen or so store-bought...... and of course, lots of unused parts, haha!

2Did somebody say motorcycles? Empty Re: Did somebody say motorcycles? Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:20 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Bikes look nice. Do you have any side shots with riders on them?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Did somebody say motorcycles? C8485110

3Did somebody say motorcycles? Empty Re: Did somebody say motorcycles? Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:10 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They look great. Excellent customizing. And Spartacus as a biker is an inspired choice. 'Cause he was a rebel... but with a cause. Smile

4Did somebody say motorcycles? Empty Re: Did somebody say motorcycles? Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:34 pm

Ovy

Ovy
I like your choice of colors. And that city backdrop looks great, with all those elements and buildings in front of the skyline.

And that's Jeff Bridges on the right, right?

5Did somebody say motorcycles? Empty Re: Did somebody say motorcycles? Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:56 pm

GregT

Ovy wrote:And that's Jeff Bridges on the right, right?

yes it is, good eye!
Did somebody say motorcycles? IMG_7348-2_zpsmt3wa26u

6Did somebody say motorcycles? Empty Re: Did somebody say motorcycles? Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:57 pm

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
... if jealousy could kill...

Dude, these bikes are so sick. Kudos for the customizations, they're amazing.
And you kept the best ones (in my opinion) for the last photo. Both are beasts. Could you send more pics of those two in other angles?

I really appreciate you for sharing your work, and making me want to grab a couple of these Tamiya bikes even more. Also, your figures are awesome, kinda what I'm trying to build.

7Did somebody say motorcycles? Empty Re: Did somebody say motorcycles? Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:29 pm

GregT

Stryker2011 wrote:Bikes look nice. Do you have any side shots with riders on them?

Did somebody say motorcycles? IMG_8455_zpsoxwwwbid

Did somebody say motorcycles? IMG_8456_zpsamrl8lnf

Did somebody say motorcycles? IMG_8458_zps8ky2wpir

8Did somebody say motorcycles? Empty Re: Did somebody say motorcycles? Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:20 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Not bad. They’re all a smidge under scale, particularly the first photo. The bottom one is the closest to scale. I’m curious to see how the Arlen Ness bike looks with a rider.

9Did somebody say motorcycles? Empty Re: Did somebody say motorcycles? Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:05 am

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Say....it is a nice bike......

I have a bike which is a decoration made from steel pieces....a few tenths dollars....it has no function or mechanics at all....love to see those bikes you have....

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

10Did somebody say motorcycles? Empty Re: Did somebody say motorcycles? Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:35 pm

GregT

Stryker2011 wrote:....The bottom one is the closest to scale....
the black one is actually the beefier of the two-- fuel tank is bigger, handlebars wider, only a quarter-inch difference in wheelbase. the Tamiya are 1/6-- Fat Boy so good it's scary, Police bike very very good. Guiloy's Yamaha and the Motormax Valkyrie are 1/6, New Ray CBR is 1/6; the Testors are heavy and hard to work with, not nearly as detailed as Tamiya.
(I sure wish I could create rust the way Reverend Spooky can, it's Midas-like alchemy: he touches plastic and it turns into rusted metal...)
Did somebody say motorcycles? IMG_8459-2_zpsirv9ywzj

11Did somebody say motorcycles? Empty Re: Did somebody say motorcycles? Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:05 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wider, yes. Length wise, and where the handlebars sit, is important in this scale as well. The other bike looks proportionally better in how the rider is positioned. For most 1/6 bikes, I find you have to use a smaller figure to make it look right. Arnold in Terminator is the exception to the rule — most of us aren’t that big, and long term, even Arnold wouldn’t want to continue to ride a bike that wasn’t comfortable for long hours on the road. He’d end up all cramped up if he did a road trip on that crap Harley. Even my bike (a modified 2011 Yamaha Stryker — hence the username) gets a bit uncomfortable on long rides, and it fits me proportionally — which is why I limit my long trips to 250 miles a day if I can. The majority of bikes in 1/6 scale are either “cruisers” or “racing” bikes — you don’t often see “touring” bikes (like the Honda Goldwing), which are built for LONG rides and comfort. My father-in-law is/was an “Iron-Butt” rider who has a Goldwing, and his average trip, before he got too old, was a 1,000 miles a day.

Check out this thread for more detailed explanations of what I’m talking about:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1226-1-6-scale-motorcyles-1-1-motorcycles-size-design-problems-for-1-6-scale?highlight=Motorcycles

12Did somebody say motorcycles? Empty added trike Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:50 pm

GregT

I changed that Arlen Ness scooter in the opening pics into a trike--
took the fork extensions out...
Did somebody say motorcycles? IMG_8423-2_zpsvrom4at3

...then put 'em back in
Did somebody say motorcycles? IMG_8523_zpsukebtyvr

Did somebody say motorcycles? IMG_8543_zpsbpkwwaki

I like the little Arlen Ness "1/6" 'cycles, no matter what you do to them it's bound to be an improvement!

13Did somebody say motorcycles? Empty Re: Did somebody say motorcycles? Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:56 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice trike. Looks good.

14Did somebody say motorcycles? Empty Re: Did somebody say motorcycles? Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:25 pm

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
While on bike topic:

http://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=357843&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dauthor%26orderby%3Ddateline

Did somebody say motorcycles? 181438g6j6ljc9cszljuil

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum