OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Diana

Doesn't seem that great a deal to me. I POed the luxury edition at KG for roughly US$175. They don't offer it anymore though.
They do still offer the normal version for US$115.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
KG’s shipping to the US is too high, and Timewalker has free shipping if you bundle for US residents.

Diana

Stryker2011 wrote:KG’s shipping to the US is too high, and Timewalker has free shipping if you bundle for US residents.
Oh. I didn't realize KG charge you for shipping. It all make sense now. Thanks for clarifying. Smile

Diana

This guy is finally getting shipped! Very Happy bounce Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:This guy is finally getting shipped! Very Happy bounce Very Happy

Hope he has turned out well and you enjoy him. Let us know.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! That took awhile. Hope it’s worth the wait.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

superhero - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 - Page 2 C8485110

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Diana wrote:This guy is finally getting shipped! Very Happy bounce Very Happy

Congrats! I know you’ve been waiting for this one!

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
I got the base diorama first. The very tip was broken off. Not worried at all though. Nothing some super glue can't fix. Still waiting for the actual figure. I was wondering if anyone has received theirs yet and could provide pictures?

Been checking youtube for reviews but nothing yet. If I get him soon, I'l post some quick pictures.

Diana

Diana
Mine has arrived and I am very happy. I'll post pictures and maybe a video asap, if noone beats me to it, as I won't have time today.

He looks fantastic. The body is light and easy to pose. The magnetic attachment to the board is quite weak and needs testing before I can pass final judgment. I couldn't get him to stand on his own two wobbly feet without the stand, which is a shame. The base is so spectacular that I don't think the stand distracts that much though.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Diana wrote:Mine has arrived and I am very happy. I'll post pictures and maybe a video asap, if noone beats me to it, as I won't have time today.

He looks fantastic. The body is light and easy to pose. The magnetic attachment to the board is quite weak and needs testing before I can pass final judgment. I couldn't get him to stand on his own two wobbly feet without the stand, which is a shame. The base is so spectacular that I don't think the stand distracts that much though.

Thanks for your post. Can't wait to see pictures. Mine come today too but like you, I will not have time to take pictures just yet.

Diana

Diana
I took some quick pictures today. Hopefully some nicer ones will follow soon.

superhero - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 - Page 2 Img_1410
superhero - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 - Page 2 Img_1411
superhero - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 - Page 2 Img_1414
superhero - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 - Page 2 Img_1413
superhero - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 - Page 2 Img_1415
superhero - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 - Page 2 Img_1416
superhero - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 - Page 2 Img_1417

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool. Without damaging him, can you attain deeper stances, flexes, sitting, etc? I recall that the ADD War Wolves seamless "hairy" body was pretty limited in that respect, as the material and endoskeleton were not as advanced as TBLeague's.

Diana

Diana
He can raise his arms above his head and he can sit, too. The legs will bend to a 90 degree angle. I am actually positively surprised at the articulation and ease of movement, even though it's ratcheting and not smooth like TBL. Therefore it feels more fragile.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:He can raise his arms above his head and he can sit, too. The legs will bend to a 90 degree angle. I am actually positively surprised at the articulation and ease of movement, even though it's ratcheting and not smooth like TBL. Therefore it feels more fragile.

Thank you for clarifying. Sounds like they are improving their design, because, if memory serves (haven't tested it in forever), the ADD War Wolves (Logan) body was pretty limited. TBLeague has spoiled us with the look, range of motion, and smooth operation of their bodies. The ratchet joints now feel like such a shock Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hmmm, is the paint already stippling off of him? None of the promo shots show that. It looks like they spray-painted it and air bubbles popped while it was drying.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

superhero - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 - Page 2 C8485110

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Stryker2011 wrote:Hmmm, is the paint already stippling off of him? None of the promo shots show that. It looks like they spray-painted it and air bubbles popped while it was drying.

The paint is pretty fragile one him indeed. It is not solied silver as I would have wished and mine seems a little more less shiny the more I handle him. He's flesh colorer undeneath. I had to use a silver sharpie marker to get the silver restored. I also had problem with one of his arms (the Left one)  it was put together backwards and didn't not have the same range of motion in the elbow as the right arm. I twisted around put now the muscles on the arm were wonky. I had the pull the rubbery skin up and cut the attachment inside to get it facing the right direction. Some how. I'm not sure how, but I gut a nasty tear on the forearm. I used a spare red gauntlet to cover it up.  Since I messed with it, I didn't feel it would be right to try and exchange it. Plus I'm never afraid to mod a figure, as you may well know.

I also put a strong magnet into the foot and the bottom for the board, which really helps with him being attached to it. I'll post picture of it when have more time. Still really like him though.

csyeung

csyeung
Thanks for the pics and reviews. I think it's tough to translate a silver surfer into an articulated figure but they managed to do a good job. Only other way would be plastic, but definitely would see seams that way.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
csyeung wrote:Thanks for the pics and reviews. I think it's tough to translate a silver surfer into an articulated figure but they managed to do a good job. Only other way would be plastic, but definitely would see seams that way.

I have the Marvel Icon Silver Surfer and joint to make it less likable.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Okay, Here are pictures of my Mods for this figure. I hope it helps and is informative.

First picture is of the completed Left foot. Just wanted to show where I made my cut in the bottom of the foot. Use and exacto knife to make a small hole, then scissor to make the slit slightly bigger.
superhero - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 - Page 2 51327656777_b0167679aa_bDSC09893 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Magnet goes in.
superhero - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 - Page 2 51327656757_415f947f5e_bDSC09895 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Now all the way (get your mind out of the gutter)
superhero - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 - Page 2 51328391826_c8ee6943a5_bDSC09896 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

End results
superhero - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 - Page 2 51329112369_726c4dea72_bDSC09897 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Magnet placement on the bottom /other side
superhero - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 - Page 2 51329382490_a12d57edec_bDSC09898 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

superhero - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 - Page 2 51328596308_31207d8453_bDSC09899 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

superhero - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 - Page 2 51327656712_4355beb502_bDSC09900 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

superhero - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 - Page 2 51328596288_fc3503f49b_bDSC09901 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Magnet were purchased at Hobby Lobby
superhero - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 - Page 2 51329382435_2fcf3510c1_bDSC09902 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

superhero - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 - Page 2 51329112279_f15390a215_bDSC09903 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

csyeung

csyeung
Nice mod! I got a bunch of those neodymium off amazon (i think they were from china), they're super strong!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice improvement with the stronger magnets, AFM.

Adeno

Silver Surfer's beautiful! Interestingly, I imagined a painted version of his face and he kinda looks like Mr. Clean lol Smile White T-shirt and jeans and suddenly he'll be the hero of everyone's laundry!

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Hey AFM, well done you!  The magnets addition for riding the board is an excellent upgrade but it posits some questions.  I've picked up a bit of experience because many of my figures get photographed on a metal office shelving unit so they get foot magnets temporarily or permanently.  

Neodymiums are amazing but I think I have a better buying tip than either Hobby Lobby or Amazon:  Lee Valley.  Not only cheaper and maybe stronger, but these have another characteristic that works great for our purposes.  They have peel-and-stick adhesive on one side, and to quote the Lee Valley blurb, "The 1/4" diameter size uses a thin film adhesive that sticks best to smooth surfaces; the four larger sizes use a foam-backed adhesive that conforms well to slight surface irregularities."  You can buy various sizes, but the best amazing deal is a set of 52 (various sizes) for $16.40 (US) https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/rare-earth-magnets/magnets/disc/73479-adhesive-backed-rare-earth-magnets?item=99K3490 or $21.50 (Canada) https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/hardware/rare-earth-magnets/magnets/disc/73479-adhesive-backed-rare-earth-magnets?item=99K3490.

I am wondering when you made the sole incision, did you just insert the magnet loose, or were you able to glue it onto the figure's inner foot solid surface?  Because, if it's only the resealed skin holding onto it, the risk is that it could strain and maybe rip the skin fairly quickly.  I think that risk is also increased with that size of magnet, as it's actually stretching the skin.  If I had to duplicate that task, with the benefit of seeing the AFM method, I would probably vary it by using the Lee Valley magnets that are already glue adhesive on the foot side; and I would probably slide a row of 2 or 3 of the smaller size into the foot rather than one larger one.  Actually I keep buying sets of 52 and using up the larger sizes, so finding some legit use for the smaller ones would be a bonus.

Loving the AFM upgrade but still not sold on the underlying ADD figure.  Even on the excellently lit and shot pictures by Diana (good job there) it falls unsurprisingly a bit short of the level of gleam/shine that the ADD promo pictures promised.  Plus there's a lot of flocking that I can only assume ADD must have cynically photoshopped out of the promo pics.  If the trade-off is between the ML Icons being shinier and stabler skin, but with the harshness of visible joints, probably I can live with that, especially as it was far cheaper and I have one already.  It would be interesting actually if someone could make a version still jointed like the ML Icons but upgraded to actual full-on chrome, but maybe there's no retail market niche for that.

superhero - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 - Page 2 99k34910

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Moonbase Alpha Male
Those magnets are very cool. I didn't reseal the cut or glue the magnets in. So far the magnets I used are not causing and stress of damage to the skin on the bottom of the feet. I could easily replace them or switch them out. I'll look into the other magnets. Thanks for the link brother.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the recommendations, MBAM.

Diana

Diana
Wow! Your model does seem less shiny. Weird.

I've not had any tears and upon closer inspection I still see no bubbles. The markings on his chest look intentional to me. The silver looks more real and... worn?, which I like very much.

I did discover some surface scratches and I don't know, whether they were there already or happened while barely handling him at all and with a lot of care... I don't mind those either though. I find perfection to be less believable, so he is perfect to me with pigmentation and scratches. Smile

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Working on getting the shine back.
superhero - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 - Page 2 51330409363_dc7deaf5e2_bDSC09904 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

We'll see how it hold up. So far,so good. Going to not touch him for many days.

Diana

Diana
Wow. I am appalled. I forgot all about this figure and checked up on him the other day. I forgot I had left him in the closed cupboard since I unpacked him. Shame on me, but THIS should NOT have happened! The pose is not THAT challenging!

No wonder this guy is still being sold at discounted prices. KGHobby have him reduced by 64 USD... Word must have gotten out how bad the quality is.

Arrgh!

At the time this was the most expensive figure I had ever bought, too! That hurts...

superhero - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 - Page 2 Silver10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ouch! Yes, that is pretty damn disappointing. We've always known ADD was less than perfect, but that is irredeemable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum