OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phicen/TB League Customer Service

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Phicen/TB League Customer Service Empty Phicen/TB League Customer Service Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:41 pm

zipkicker

Got the SHCC exclusive Vampirella the other day and noticed that where the, er, 'bikini' joins at the neck, the leather has started to fray.
A quick dab of superglue and then surgery with Tamiya masking tape cut to size, burnished down with a wet cotton bud and then finished with red acrylic paint was a quick, almost unnoticable fix, but - you know how it is. Your eye will always be drawn to that spot no matter what.

So, with not a lot of hope, I emailed Phicen customer service and got this back...

"Hello Bruce,

Thank you for being a Phicen/TB League supporter, for your kind wish as well during this virus scare, hope you are staying safe and healthy too.

So the rip is there when you unbox the figure? Our apologies... I have had my colleague check our warehouse already, there is no spare of the outfit, so we would make a new one, sure the outfit is for free, but we need to charge you for shipping, hope that's acceptable to you. Could you pls advise your address? I will soon advise how much the shipping is.

Best regards
Jenny"

Um...

Wasn't expecting that!

I'll keep everyone posted.

2Phicen/TB League Customer Service Empty Re: Phicen/TB League Customer Service Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:15 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s great that they are willing to send you a new one. Hope it works out.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Phicen/TB League Customer Service C8485110

3Phicen/TB League Customer Service Empty Re: Phicen/TB League Customer Service Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:13 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, they sound nice. Did you send them photographic evidence? Anyway, hope it is worked out.

4Phicen/TB League Customer Service Empty Re: Phicen/TB League Customer Service Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:18 pm

zipkicker

I did, but they didn't ask for it. I think the 'leather' outfit on the SDCC is the same as the 50th anniversary Jose Gonzales version so it's kinda weird they didn't have spares.

5Phicen/TB League Customer Service Empty Re: Phicen/TB League Customer Service Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:29 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree.

6Phicen/TB League Customer Service Empty Re: Phicen/TB League Customer Service Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:00 am

Diana

Diana
Oh wow! That is nice.
Did you use the contact form on their website or did you just email them straight sales@phicen.com?

I couple of years ago I contacted them because I can't seem to remove the hands of my Painkiller Jane without... well,... it looks like I'll be pulling out the entire skeleton.
Maybe I should try again. Heat it up first.

In any case, I never got a response. Good to know that things have changed!

7Phicen/TB League Customer Service Empty Re: Phicen/TB League Customer Service Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:03 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
AerynDiana wrote:Oh wow! That is nice.
Did you use the contact form on their website or did you just email them straight sales@phicen.com?

I couple of years ago I contacted them because I can't seem to remove the hands of my Painkiller Jane without... well,... it looks like I'll be pulling out the entire skeleton.
Maybe I should try again. Heat it up first.

In any case, I never got a response. Good to know that things have changed!

Peal the wrist skin back a bit to expose the metal joint. Using a needle-nose pliers, grip the wrist pin at the arm joint as tight as you can (heating up the hands will still help) and pull the hand off. The left hands were especially susceptible to yanking the metal wrist peg out of the skeleton, particularly on the models that came out a couple years ago — it’s a bit of a pain to put them back in, but it can be done — then you have to crimp that wrist joint as tightly as possible once the peg is back in.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Phicen/TB League Customer Service C8485110

8Phicen/TB League Customer Service Empty Re: Phicen/TB League Customer Service Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:33 pm

zipkicker

AerynDiana wrote:Oh wow! That is nice.

Yep, I emailed them at sales but the reply was cc'ed to info@phicen.com.

9Phicen/TB League Customer Service Empty Re: Phicen/TB League Customer Service Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:39 am

Diana

Diana
Stryker2011 wrote:Peal the wrist skin back a bit to expose the metal joint. Using a needle-nose pliers, grip the wrist pin at the arm joint as tight as you can (heating up the hands will still help) and pull the hand off. The left hands were especially susceptible to yanking the metal wrist peg out of the skeleton, particularly on the models that came out a couple years ago — it’s a bit of a pain to put them back in, but it can be done — then you have to crimp that wrist joint as tightly as possible once the peg is back in.

Thank you very much! I will try that!

zipkicker wrote:Yep, I emailed them at sales but the reply was cc'ed to info@phicen.com.
Good to know, thank you!

You people rock. I like this place. And I'm sure I buy more because of it. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum