OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Attention All Unit Commanders! Please report your unit location and status.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
I thought it might be a fun little interactive exercise if as many members as possible check in with a photo of their unit commander(s) and report the location in which their adventures take place.  It does not have to be a new photo, though obviously newly shot images are very welcome.  If you can't do speech balloons, no problem, just type in your text below the photo. No limit on the total number of entries any member can make; if you have 10 figures representing 10 different units or organizations, feel free to post one per unit/figure.  Also, if the location is not on the planet Earth....ie Star Wars universe, UFP, Klingon Empire, etc, please provide your own map. Same if you are in Middle-Earth sombut it should be limited to one per unieplace or any place that can't be shown on the map in the images below.  You are welcome to pose your figures in front of any map you have, especially if you want to shoot new shots.  

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50317141218_a92b90943b_cOperations Room 1 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50317990767_34714faf77_cOperations Room 2 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50317990337_e9c2dc13da_cOperations Room 3 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50317806731_4eda0ca2cd_cOperations Room 4 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50317989657_0b3c408d2d_cOperations Room 5 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50317989357_404f90b6b3_cOperations Room 6 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50317989022_14f2fa3730_cOperations Room 7 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50317988677_3fa8a7eec1_cOperations Room 8 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50317988027_beced25682_cOperations Room 9 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50317803441_40b7086cb9_cOperations Room 10 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I know it's missing the point, but I'm loving your use of a slightly modified toothpick. And I love maps, which means I will chalk up the use of the extra-distortive Mercator projection to the age of the piece. Smile

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:I know it's missing the point, but I'm loving your use of a slightly modified toothpick. And I love maps, which means I will chalk up the use of the extra-distortive Mercator projection to the age of the piece. Smile

it's actually a bamboo barbecue skewer that's been cut down. The map is actually a decorative wrap printed from an old map and available at DeSerres, an art supply chain here in Canada. It's the same place I got the creatures for The Valley of Strange Occurrences.

https://www.deserres.ca/en/decorative-wrap-world-map

Kamiko asks that your unit(s) radio or phone in their locations when you have the time, and please remember that if not on the planet Earth, you would be best to submit an interstellar map.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:it's actually a bamboo barbecue skewer that's been cut down.  The map is actually a decorative wrap printed from an old map and available at DeSerres, an art supply chain here in Canada. It's the same place I got the creatures for The Valley of Strange Occurrences.

Kamiko asks that your unit(s) radio or phone in their locations when you have the time, and please remember that if not on the planet Earth, you would be best to submit an interstellar map.

Ah... bamboo skewer makes better sense, yes. Either way, great idea.

Hmmm... looks like my units haven't heard from yours yet...

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:it's actually a bamboo barbecue skewer that's been cut down.  The map is actually a decorative wrap printed from an old map and available at DeSerres, an art supply chain here in Canada. It's the same place I got the creatures for The Valley of Strange Occurrences.

Ah... bamboo skewer makes better sense, yes. Either way, great idea.

Hmmm... looks like my units haven't heard from yours yet...

Probably the result of being in a galaxy far, far away.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Neat idea.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
Haha I really love the kind of vague but also precise worldbuilding details like 'Her Majesty's United States", just dropped there with so many possibilities.

I think it will take some time before any of my people can report in, and they lost the technology of fast communication, but we'll.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Ovy wrote:Haha I really love the kind of vague but also precise worldbuilding details like 'Her Majesty's United States", just dropped there with so many possibilities.

I think it will take some time before any of my people can report in, and they lost the technology of fast communication, but we'll.

Bah! Kamiko says you can just draw a map on a piece of whatever you write on, put it in a bottle and toss it out to sea.  Actually, that would make a cool photo essay.

His Majesty's United States

In the not too-distant post apocalyptic world following a limited nuclear war and all the havoc that follows, the major English-speaking countries of the world united around to form a new Alliance, now known as the British Union. For Canada and Australia, this is not a problem as despite being independent countries, they have the British Monarch as their head of state. The United States decides to join, abolishing the presidency and replacing Congress with a parliament. All countries retain their independence, but King William becomes head of state.  All countries adopt British military ranks and tradition, though Canada and the US continue to drive on the right side of the road and drink their beer cold. The United States Marine Corps is renamed the Royal United States Marine Corps.  The King's English is restored and everyone has to spell colour with a "U."  Lieutenant is pronounce "leftenant." An American regiment of Foot Guards is raised with bearskin hats and red coats and the Royal Family moves it's summer home in New York, taking over the Vanderbuilt Mansion there. Americans and Canadians are now allowed to receive knighthoods.

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50318175346_a800e90810_c20200907_0023 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Heartofiron

Commander Ellya Vista secret federation base in the neutral zone.Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  20201112Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  20201112

davidd

davidd
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:The map is actually a decorative wrap printed from an old map and available at DeSerres, an art supply chain here in Canada.

Thank you for sharing that snippet of Top Secret info about the source for K-Troop's vintage map. While the item is now out of stock at DeSerres, it is still available at Amazon.

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50346443313_49692b902f_c

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  Ammo_location_callin2b

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Heartofiron wrote:Commander Ellya Vista secret federation base in the neutral zone.Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  20201112Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  20201112

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50654689406_af72d70ba3_b_DSC0029_0021-2 copy by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:The map is actually a decorative wrap printed from an old map and available at DeSerres, an art supply chain here in Canada.

Thank you for sharing that snippet of Top Secret info about the source for K-Troop's vintage map. While the item is now out of stock at DeSerres, it is still available at Amazon.

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50346443313_49692b902f_c

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  Ammo_location_callin2b

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50343706086_fb023e724a_c50 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50343025863_83e2ca5373_c53 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50343864227_7e9801e8d4_c55 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50343025013_1ff9c19117_c58 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50343024628_3e1b431626_c59 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50343024238_149003aa6f_c60 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50343703641_2977ecbaf0_c61 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

davidd

davidd
Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  Joe_camera1

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50654833376_1d35b44dcf_bOperations Room 3_0014 copy by Gary Menten, on Flickr

davidd

davidd
I agree, those photos were very tasty... I mean tasteful! Yes, tasteful! Embarassed

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:I agree, those photos were very tasty... I mean tasteful! Yes, tasteful! Embarassed

The two are not mutually exclusive.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Lady Death here and this is my Command Center we're in a deep underground bunker about 2 miles down or at least I think it is an old WW2 bunker but my crazy top scientists are trying to me it at least 3 billion years and is ancient aliens spacecraft (City Destroyer?) that crashed into the earth yeah right, good one guys. We are located somewhere in the Midwest states but unfortunately we yet find anything like a map room yet even though we have already searched and mapped about 34% or 5 km of it so far . . . please hold a sec I've got an incoming message from search team 67.

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  2v2HqK43NxAChVkHosted on Fotki

Professor Sterling - Boss we just found a huge globe of the world map on level 678, you really should come check this thing out!

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  2v2HqK4JzxAChVkHosted on Fotki

Lady Death - We  will be there in a few seconds.

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  2v2HqK4QjxAChVkHosted on Fotki

Lady Death - Transporter room 4 lock on to Starsha, Sasha and myself and beam us directly Professor Sterling location - ENERGIZE!

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  2v2HqK4w3xAChVkHosted on Fotki

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  2v2HqK4YzxAChVkHosted on Fotki

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  2v2HqK4PvxAChVkHosted on Fotki
Lady Death - Whoa that is huge!

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  2v2HqK4mzxAChVkHosted on Fotki
Lady Death - We are about here give or take about 500 to 1500 miles or so.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Some nice intros, fellas. The 23rd century is a bit out of reach. I liked the transporter effect you did there, BW.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  C8485110

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Stryker2011 wrote:Some nice intros, fellas. The 23rd century is a bit out of reach. I liked the transporter effect you did there, BW.

Thank you my friend I'm glad you liked it. Very Happy

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Great photos! Thanks for contributing.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BW, is it just me, or is your crew more armed-to-the-teeth than usual. I love Lady Death's level of specificity.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:BW, is it just me, or is your crew more armed-to-the-teeth than usual. I love Lady Death's level of specificity.

Her degree of precision is apparently based on the level of accuracy of a North Korean ICBM.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Great photos!  Thanks for contributing.

Thank you.

GubernatorFan wrote:BW, is it just me, or is your crew more armed-to-the-teeth than usual. I love Lady Death's level of specificity.

I would say their about same as usual but I don't post Bloodrayne and her cousin much anymore.

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

Her degree of precision is apparently based on the level of accuracy of a North Korean ICBM.

Yep that very true. Laughing

BAMComix

BAMComix
Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50352805497_c094065a1e_c
Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50351948523_9f1532f339_c
Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50352802617_1cda2e1b2e_c
Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50352801972_26b43e91cf_c
Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50352641921_42a2889b5a_c
Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50352800217_4bb2d247c9_c
Attention All Unit Commanders!  Please report your unit location and status.  50351943118_902c116414_c

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
"Bloody marvelous, dear!" Charming indeed. Nice work with the eyes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum