OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kamiko Komics: Kimono Troop: Katanga's Lost Diamonds: Part III

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Kamiko Komics: Kimono Troop: Katanga's Lost Diamonds: Part III 50335436803_ba650e80a8_cKatanga's Lost Diamonds Part III by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: Kimono Troop: Katanga's Lost Diamonds: Part III 50336281042_cebc51cddc_cKatanga's Lost Diamonds Part III by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: Kimono Troop: Katanga's Lost Diamonds: Part III 50335435723_1946a3079e_cKatanga's Lost Diamonds Part III by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: Kimono Troop: Katanga's Lost Diamonds: Part III 50336124446_002855f9ff_cKatanga's Lost Diamonds Part III by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: Kimono Troop: Katanga's Lost Diamonds: Part III 50336279167_11c0052a32_cKatanga's Lost Diamonds Part III by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: Kimono Troop: Katanga's Lost Diamonds: Part III 50336123096_7e400ee957_cKatanga's Lost Diamonds Part III by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: Kimono Troop: Katanga's Lost Diamonds: Part III 50335433438_2d526355f1_cKatanga's Lost Diamonds Part III by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: Kimono Troop: Katanga's Lost Diamonds: Part III 50335432793_14e9ea7c97_cKatanga's Lost Diamonds Part III by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: Kimono Troop: Katanga's Lost Diamonds: Part III 50335432108_2dc00afeb7_cKatanga's Lost Diamonds Part III by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: Kimono Troop: Katanga's Lost Diamonds: Part III 50336123096_67dc872ace_cKatanga's Lost Diamonds Part III by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: Kimono Troop: Katanga's Lost Diamonds: Part III 50336120256_ecca2432fa_cKatanga's Lost Diamonds Part III by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: Kimono Troop: Katanga's Lost Diamonds: Part III 50336119626_8855496b01_cKatanga's Lost Diamonds Part III by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ahh, the convoluted history of politics in Africa... Very Happy

Nice story so far — diamond hunting in New Mexico should be interesting.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Kamiko Komics: Kimono Troop: Katanga's Lost Diamonds: Part III C8485110

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:Ahh, the convoluted history of politics in Africa... Very Happy

Nice story so far — diamond hunting in New Mexico should be interesting.

And the 1978 film "The Wild Geese" with Richard Burton, Richard Harris, Roger Moore, and Hardy Kruger was inspired by a rumor that in 1969 a plane load of mercenaries carrying a dying African leader believed to be Moïse Tshombé landed at Kariba Airport in what was then Rhodesia. There is no evidence whatsoever that this actually happened, but it does make for good
conspiracy theories.

Ovy

Ovy
Finally diamonds, like the title suggests!

So much history, interesting. Some months ago there was a documentary about Lumumba with some nice animations on. It's a rather complicated topic, but fortunately we have you and the girls for knowledge.
I like the part where the conversation slides into Bond fangirling.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Ovy wrote:Finally diamonds, like the title suggests!

So much history, interesting. Some months ago there was a documentary about Lumumba with some nice animations on. It's a rather complicated topic, but fortunately we have you and the girls for knowledge.
I like the part where the conversation slides into Bond fangirling.

Lumumba's main crimes were bad timing and that he refused to be a patsy for the West, particularly the US. He made a foolish choice by asking the Russians and Chinese for help when Hammerskjold refused to use UN troops to subdue the Katangan rebels. and Eisenhower feared that he'd have another Cuba on his hands. To make matters worse, it was Congo uranium that was used for the Manhattant Project and having a uranium rich country fall into the Soviet Orbit just freaked the Americans out.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I've got to say the dialogue was totally unexpected and comically over the top. I think that was the purpose. Smile I do take offense at anyone calling Moore their third favorite James Bond, but I suppose everyone is entitled to their taste. And since I know you care about fixing these, kimonos (not kimono's) in slide 2 and its (not it's) jumped out at me.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:I've got to say the dialogue was totally unexpected and comically over the top. I think that was the purpose. Smile I do take offense at anyone calling Moore their third favorite James Bond, but I suppose everyone is entitled to their taste. And since I know you care about fixing these, kimonos (not kimono's) in slide 2 and its (not it's) jumped out at me.

Thanks.  I'll fix that.  I don't know why I make so many typos in these things, but I do.  

As for the James Bond thing, it would be much worse if George Lazenby was #3.

Just to set the record straight:

Kamiko:

Sean Connery
Daniel Craig
Roger Moore
Pierce Brosnan
Timothy Dalton
George Lazenby

Favorite Blofeld: Donald Pleasance
Favorite Film: You Only Live Twice
Favorite Bond Girl: Daniela Bianchi

Glynnis:

Sean Connery
Roger Moore
Pierce Brosnan
Daniel Craig
Timothy Dalton
George Lazenby

Favorite Blofeld: Donald Pleasance
Favorite Film: Goldfinger
Favorite Bond Girl: Honor Blackman

And finally, even more over the top dialogue can be found in the not shown NSFW sex scene (several images actually) which are on my Flickr page, but obviously not here.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I've got to say, you really work on developing all your characters to a very impressive degree. Maybe I'm lazy (who's kidding, I am), but I like to keep a little mystery for mine myself. Wink

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:I've got to say, you really work on developing all your characters to a very impressive degree. Maybe I'm lazy (who's kidding, I am), but I like to keep a little mystery for mine myself. Wink

Developing the characters makes it easier to write the dialog.  In the case of your figures, there's maybe not much required because most seem to be popular movie characters or actors or caricatures thereof.  Consequently even when creating a satirical or humorous spoof, it's easy to think of what a spoof Darth Vader or spoof Arnie might say in a circumstance because so much spoof, parody and satire has already been written featuring these characters. In my case, the characters are completely original and I have to work from scratch.  Kamiko is much more developed than Glynnis so far as Kamiko has existed as a DAZ 3D character for a few years already, though the DAZ version is much naughtier.

So we can begin to see that Kamiko is  very smart-alecky, even insolent, and definitely mischievous but at the same time, honest, honorable and loyal to her friends.  Glynnis is more reserved and polite, but clearly she and Kamiko are kindred spirits with a deepening affection for one another.  

I had meant to make Erika more serious at first, a sort of Mark Hogencamp type but with a weapon. She quickly evolved into a Colonel Klink parody with PTSD and this just worked so much better. This of course means that her new henchman, Sgt Pfeffer will have to be a cross between Sgt Schultz and Franz Liebkind (The Producers).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think you make a very good point. Now that I think of it, when I came up with an entirely new character, I did provide a lot more in the way of back story:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1854-new-superhero-revealed-fire-man-nsfw-updated-with-part-ii-july-2019
Heck, I even wrote up the fictional blurbs for the back covers of the fictional romantic novels. Smile

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:I think you make a very good point. Now that I think of it, when I came up with an entirely new character, I did provide a lot more in the way of back story:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1854-new-superhero-revealed-fire-man-nsfw-updated-with-part-ii-july-2019
Heck, I even wrote up the fictional blurbs for the back covers of the fictional romantic novels. Smile

In the case of DAZ Kamiko, in which I was more often then no writing her memoirs in the first person, doing the background was a great help as here I was a straight Canadian guy of Belgian ancestry in his Now late) fifties who's long lost his lust for danger and adventure trying to tell the story of a an action-craving bisexual Japanese-American woman in her early thirties. It took some effort, but once I got into the habit, which required quite a lot of letting go, it became much easier. Part of the secret was to avoid stereotypes.

brassco

brassco
loved the use of maps...the long dialogues lost me though...I would like to see where this is going!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum