OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help with 1/6 body

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Help with 1/6 body Empty Help with 1/6 body Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:13 am

sam1337

Hi this is my first time here
i need some help with my 1/6 taxi driver figure
i bought a head in ebay as you can see in the image
and i bought a normal muscular body in aliexpress
Help with 1/6 body 6b10d710
Help with 1/6 body 5ad2b010
Help with 1/6 body E9b80b10
but the head was not fitting in this body and i decide to cut a little bit the neck
the result is in the image
i want to change that body or fix that
this is my first custom 1/6
what body you guys think is better than this one
and what you guys think i can do to fix that mess

2Help with 1/6 body Empty Re: Help with 1/6 body Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:29 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hi Sam, and welcome.
Is the problem that the neck was too thick/ill-fitting into the the opening on the head? Can you tell us what body you used? Maybe if you get a DAM or Soldier Story body, which comes with a softer rubbery cover for the neck it will also be more accommodating for the head opening. But I'm largely guessing here, although providing photos was the right idea. You can also try showing us what is going on with the underside of the head.

3Help with 1/6 body Empty Re: Help with 1/6 body Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:44 am

sam1337

YES exactly the neck was bigger than the head opening the body is this one Help with 1/6 body Captur10
Help with 1/6 body 27e4bf10
so the solution i had was to cut the neck and to cut a little bit of the neck peg
if you can help me find a body that fits in this head size i will be very thankfull

4Help with 1/6 body Empty Re: Help with 1/6 body Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:20 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hmmm... I think I have this head (or maybe a different version), but I can't seem to find it right now to experiment. I don't know if the head's neck opening is tighter than usual or if this muscle body's neck is thicker than usual, or both. That is why I'm suggesting bodies with softer rubbery neck and upper torso covers -- they have some give.

In fact, since your figure is showing skin, have you considered using a seamless body? They are more expensive, but have excellent articulation. M33 should be sufficient, but if you want it more muscular, maybe M34 (M35 would be overkill). And the best part is, not only are the necks soft and pliable because they are covered with thick silicone material, but also they tend to be a little on the thin side -- I often expand them by stuffing them so that they would fill out nicely under a head sculpt. Here is the TBLeague seamless body catalog thread you can check out for these bodies and more:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually

5Help with 1/6 body Empty Re: Help with 1/6 body Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:27 am

sam1337

thx gubernator

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum