OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help with head sculpt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Help with head sculpt Empty Help with head sculpt Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:03 pm

Fabfun16

I was looking through eBay and saw this head sculpt, and found it very pretty, but I’d like to see some real photos of it as reference for size, tone, and such.

I’d appreciate any comments Help with head sculpt 82113210

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hello there, and welcome! Smile

The sculpt in your photo looks to be a knock-off of the Very Cool Villa sculpt, which is quite sought-after and one of my personal faves. That in and of itself is not necessarily a negative thing, but I mention it because sometimes the KO sculpts don't always have the greatest quality paintjobs. I don't own one of those knock-offs, so I can't say for sure how it looks in hand.  But here are some comparison images so you can decide for yourself:

Original VC Villa sculpt:

Help with head sculpt Images11

Help with head sculpt Img_e114

The knock-off 'Villa' sculpts I've seen on ebay:

Help with head sculpt Img_e115

Help with head sculpt Img_e113

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

3Help with head sculpt Empty Re: Help with head sculpt Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:51 am

maxman

On the topic of head sculpts, can anyone please identify this Asian female head sculpt product?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Mi3V4Thff33roTADMBVnLPwMSeNFSxM/view?usp=sharing

4Help with head sculpt Empty Re: Help with head sculpt Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:36 pm

sourdeez

my first post here Very Happy

i spotted that knock off on aliexpress recently and had to add it to my pending order. will try to remember to post here when i eventually get it. was also looking for the original for a while and glad to see someone found it. that red hair threw off my reverse image search lol.

5Help with head sculpt Empty Re: Help with head sculpt Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:38 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
maxman wrote:On the topic of head sculpts, can anyone please identify this Asian female head sculpt product?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Mi3V4Thff33roTADMBVnLPwMSeNFSxM/view?usp=sharing

Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with that one. Hopefully someone else can help you!

sourdeez wrote:my first post here  Very Happy

i spotted that knock off on aliexpress recently and had to add it to my pending order. will try to remember to post here when i eventually get it. was also looking for the original for a while and glad to see someone found it. that red hair threw off my reverse image search lol.

Hello, and welcome! : )  Looking forward to seeing how it is in hand.

6Help with head sculpt Empty Re: Help with head sculpt Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:07 pm

Illusion

Illusion
this head has been on my watch list for months...
but I have not gotten around to get it yet.
Would very much appreciate in hand pics too. Thank you.

(and I do have the original VC Villa here - but it did not strike me the redhead is a knock off Rolling Eyes )

7Help with head sculpt Empty Re: Help with head sculpt Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:51 pm

sourdeez

as promised, here's the head sculpt in hand. might need a little bit of touching up, but please excuse the (censored) lighting. got this from aliexpress from "M.A.K. store" or something lol.

Help with head sculpt File_010
Help with head sculpt File_011
Help with head sculpt File_012

P.S. not sure why the hosted image was rotated. i took the photos vertically with my phone.

8Help with head sculpt Empty Re: Help with head sculpt Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:25 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hi, sourdeez, and welcome. As for the photos — for some reason with phone pics taken vertically, you need to open and save them in a program like Photoshop to get them to post in the correct format. You can also try to open and “edit” the pics — like trimming some of the excess around the subject, the save it — in whatever photo editor program you have on your computer, and that should also do the trick.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Help with head sculpt C8485110

9Help with head sculpt Empty Re: Help with head sculpt Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:48 am

Illusion

Illusion
Thank you very much for posting.
certainly not bad - but no immediate buy either... I suppose I will be sitting on the fence until the head is sold out Laughing
Have lots of fun with her!

10Help with head sculpt Empty Re: Help with head sculpt Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:50 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Not bad at all, I think, although the very red hair certainly means you better have a use for that specific look.

11Help with head sculpt Empty Re: Help with head sculpt Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:57 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for sharing!

12Help with head sculpt Empty Re: Help with head sculpt Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:42 pm

sourdeez

i'm very new to this hobby so of course i didn't really have use for this head and was just curious because it seemed somewhat rare and looked nice in the pictures. i just wish it didn't cost me $40. the plastic on the face itself is a bit glossy compared to the other head sculpts i have, but that's neither good nor bad to a newbie like me.

I also tried fitting it on the tbleague S24A, S34A, and S23B bodies i have, and it just didn't look right. the skin color is somewhere between the pale S24A/S34A and the light suntanned S23B so the color matching wasn't a huge issue (or maybe it is?). i have an S17B body coming in today (the addiction is REAL), but i don't expect it to be a good fit either.

for some reason i think pink hair or maybe a more subtle dark red would've worked better instead of this intense red. this shade of red seems to highlight the paintjob/features on the face in a negative way. for now this one is benched til i find the right configuration for it...

OT: my attention is now taken up by how fitting the "tariah silver" head sculpt looks on S23B and the YMT026B "anna" (came in with the red hair head sculpt) looks with the smaller S24A body. i look forward to getting more head sculpts now that i have a few different tbleague body types (ofc i'm now eyeing the thicc S28/S29 body).

13Help with head sculpt Empty Re: Help with head sculpt Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:10 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It seems like the sort of sculpt that would be great as a base for a repaint and re-hairing. And while I agree it's rather steep for a knock off (probably the only reason I haven't picked one up myself yet), it's still cheaper than trying to track down and buy the VeryCool Villa just to use the head. ;p

I'm not sure if the knock-off is the same exact size as the original Villa head (sometimes KO's are smaller), but I have been using my Villa head on a s25b body. With clothing, at least, it seems to work.

ReverendSpooky used the original Villa head on a s17b here:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1913-wren-from-the-world-of-the-radio-kings?highlight=wren

14Help with head sculpt Empty Re: Help with head sculpt Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:30 pm

A Man

maxman wrote:On the topic of head sculpts, can anyone please identify this Asian female head sculpt product?

@ maxman:  This seems to be one of the variations of the Ymtoys ymt03 "Yun" head sculpt, which now may be getting harder to find. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum