OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Dystopic] A second golden age for mercenaries

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

Its been a while! I think I start almost all my posts that way nowadays... With that out of the way lets talk about walls, specifically construction! Always measure thrice, cut once and glue once, not the other way around. With that said I've had to start working on the wall again after messing it up but its coming along nicely again.

And well here's that new guy I was making, I have a few more and then I'm hopefully moving to something else a bit more historical which I also hope to finish soon. And now time for some story.
Bellhill International Security Solutions Inc. (BISSINC)

Bellhill is one of the oldest private military contractors in the world, starting in the 1960's the company concentrated itself in providing security to wealthy individuals, during this time period the company also started to branch out to other possible clients including local politicians and some foreign companies. Though Bellhill never strayed out of Europe and kept a rather low profile that would change after the death of it's founder Thomas Bellamy Hill. During the 1980's Bellhill started to accept corporate contracts through Africa and the Middle East, many of these contracts where related to diamonds, oil or other precious metals and stones, slowly but surely Bellhill started to expand its operations and by the 90's it was operating in a variety of countries providing security and even training to security and military contracts.

Bellhill's rise to power would finalize with the acquisition of large portions of land through Africa and the Middle east, setting up bases usually near strategic areas.  The purpose was to maintain garrisons of men that could answer quickly to contracts or reinforce local contracts quickly. Bellhill International Security Solutions would go on to increase the number of operators in more than 20 countries including United Nations Administrative Zones and Joint Security Areas. BISSINC would go on to be known as Africa's largest military force, BISSINC operators where usually contracted locally from the different armed forces, the benefit of joining far outweighed being branded a corporate mercenary and being banned from a handful of countries.

[Dystopic] A second  golden age for mercenaries  CqeX8Xv
[Dystopic] A second  golden age for mercenaries  OYLFRpd
[Dystopic] A second  golden age for mercenaries  BEUvkHn
[Dystopic] A second  golden age for mercenaries  PguY3rD

Because not all BISSINC operatives came from the same place uniform and equipment standardization was complicated, many operatives simply wore locally sourced equipment or bought from local suppliers. The only things that where kept standard was the visual enhancement and respiratory protection mask, the Zeltra AR-22 and the B&G .48 Standard.

Well, that's all for now, there's still a couple more of these guys coming up before I move onto more historical stuff hopefully I get the stuff I bought soon. As always have a great weekend and stay safe.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Dystopic] A second  golden age for mercenaries  1f60e

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great looking figure! everything works so well together!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Awesome figure and new wall. He looks great. I like all the details you’ve put into the wall and door.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[Dystopic] A second  golden age for mercenaries  C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love it all. The figure, the wall, the crates, heck even the ground. Beautifully done! Smile

Illusion

Illusion
a very cool figure - esp. like his goggles

and a fabulous diorama, everything fits so nicely - so cool when people can create realistic floors and walls with cracks and wear and tear..

Ovy

Ovy
Hello kids, this man is responsible for the distribution of food and water around here. Be nice to him.

Beautiful addition, liked the part with the spreading influence and power of these friendly peacekeepers.

Great job, the anonymous corporate person mask is really fitting. Name reminds me a bit of Deus Ex Belltower.

Also, who could be that beautiful human being reflecting in the soldier's lenses? Very Happy

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Dang, that looks really nice! Really great work with his look, everything just seems to fit really nicely.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
BAMComix wrote:Great looking figure! everything works so well together!
Thanks BamComix!

Stryker2011 wrote:Awesome figure and new wall. He looks great. I like all the details you’ve put into the wall and door.
Thanks Stryker, the new wall is on the other side but I'm glad you liked everything.

GubernatorFan wrote:I love it all. The figure, the wall, the crates, heck even the ground. Beautifully done! Smile
Thanks Gubernator, I try to outdo myself at every chance I get all with varied results.

Illusion wrote:a very cool figure - esp. like his goggles

and a fabulous diorama, everything fits so nicely - so cool when people can create realistic floors and walls with cracks and wear and tear..
Thanks Illusion, I try to replicate stuff as realistic as possible, the best part about this scale is that I normally don't have to worry too much if something ends up being a bit too big.
Ovy wrote:Hello kids, this man is responsible for the distribution of food and water around here. Be nice to him.

Beautiful addition, liked the part with the spreading influence and power of these friendly peacekeepers.

Great job, the anonymous corporate person mask is really fitting. Name reminds me a bit of Deus Ex Belltower.

Also, who could be that beautiful human being reflecting in the soldier's lenses? Very Happy
Thanks Ovy. Definetely be nice to the man with the gun, specially if you are in their land. I'm glad you enoyed the littler story. Bellhill is the shortened name of a dwarf warrior I had in wow, his name was Bellhilland, probably taken by now but I know about Belltower.

I don't know who the human being reflecting off the PMC's lenses might be.
PickleMunkey wrote:Dang, that looks really nice! Really great work with his look, everything just seems to fit really nicely.

Thanks PickleMunky!

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Dystopic] A second  golden age for mercenaries  1f60e

ZombieTestSubject

This came out great. Might not be SW, but super cool.

Valiarde

Valiarde
I'm not much into modern military figures in 1:6 (even though I collected 1:72 models as a teenager) but I really like this one! The backdrop is top notch too

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum