OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Problems with Removable Feet

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Problems with Removable Feet - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with Removable Feet Sat 31 Dec 2022 - 14:05

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
If you're trying to remove the arms of random bodies, you're indeed doing it wrong. Wink Sorry, I couldn't resist. I imagine you meant hands. There is a handful of bodies that does come with removable arms, but they are few and far between. Just heat them up with a hair dryer (or, if you don't have one, submerge them in just boiled or very hot water) for a minute, and you should have no problem removing or putting on hands and feet.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

27Problems with Removable Feet - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with Removable Feet Sat 31 Dec 2022 - 21:45

Kano

Today while changing outfits on my 06C, I had to take the hands off to get her shirt on, and they took way more effort than what it should have. I tried to get them back on for a few seconds, after I had her shirt on, and couldn't do it.
Then looked at the hole where the ball goes into the hand, and it's way too small compared to the size of the ball. I understand that's supposed to keep it on, but since it's hard plastic and doesn't flex, that's not going to work without boiling then the same way I had to do the feet. I wasn't trying to go to all that trouble, so I just used a pair of hands from one of my 10s, on which the hole is noticeably bigger, and it went on with only the slight, expected effort.
It's a shame to read that TBLeague has switched the design on their dolls' hands, especially since it seems like most of y'all collect those. I hope that's not something that causes a loss of fun on your doll changing and posing!

28Problems with Removable Feet - Page 2 Empty Seamless Doll Foot Issue Wed 17 May 2023 - 8:24

Claudija

With my Jiaou Doll, she was grand until I moved her feet and her left foot detached. Trouble is mine has the seamless body so her feet are meant to be attached to her without any outside appearance. Would the hot water technique still work for even the seamless version?

29Problems with Removable Feet - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with Removable Feet Wed 17 May 2023 - 11:44

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Claudija wrote:With my Jiaou Doll, she was grand until I moved her feet and her left foot detached. Trouble is mine has the seamless body so her feet are meant to be attached to her without any outside appearance. Would the hot water technique still work for even the seamless version?

Are you saying the foot detached on the inside, while still encased in the continuous seamless skin sleeve? If so, it is the first I have heard of it. If it detached as opposed to broke, it might be possible to stick it back into place, but I imagine you have to feel for the right fit or else get lucky. Presumably heating the piece somehow would help, but you would be doing it through the seamless skin. Using a hair dryer might be slightly better than submerging in hot water. But all of this is just theory on my part. By the way, if I recall all of those seamless-ankle Jiaou and TBLeague figures have "floppy" feet due to the ankles not being able to hold their position under the weight of the figure.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

30Problems with Removable Feet - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with Removable Feet Thu 18 May 2023 - 6:48

Claudija

yes, the joint itself detached but the skin is unbroken so you only know by feeling the joint itself. Her right foot is very solid not floppy as her left was when I bought her

31Problems with Removable Feet - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with Removable Feet Thu 18 May 2023 - 15:53

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Claudija wrote:yes, the joint itself detached but the skin is unbroken so you only know by feeling the joint itself. Her right foot is very solid not floppy as her left was when I bought her

Hmmm, perhaps they have been improving their design -- to a point. Well, if you feel reasonably certain you can place the peg's ball correctly over the opening in the internal foot, you can give it a try, maybe heating up the foot and lower leg area with a blow dryer for up to a minute before you try. But I can't promise success. Jiaou uses a combination of metal joints and plastic "bones," so too much pressure at the wrong angle and something can break, besides the foot becoming disjointed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum