OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

hokuto no ken uyghur 3d printed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1hokuto no ken uyghur 3d printed Empty hokuto no ken uyghur 3d printed Sun May 02, 2021 2:55 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
hi folks,

i´ve been busy recently, but 3d printing a fully articulated figure can confront you with some "unique" setbacks Very Happy

my latest project is located in the universe of fist of the north star, mainly figures from "medicos" (raoh is alread pre-ordered)
the figures are rather on the 7" scale so the old ones from revoltech are fairly undersized plus i don´t really like how they solved the leg articulation.

that being said hokuto no ken characters are sometimes depicted as 10-15 feet tall sometimes even larger so a mass produced figure won´t be able to stay within costs limits and be true to the source material.

the first character i´ve been doing, or rather have finished a first version of, is uyghur or wigul, warden of cassandra prison.

oddly enough i haven´t found any good pictures from the original anime so heres one if the revoltech figure.
this would sadly be smaller than kenshiro at 70 $ where available.

printed its noticably larger with about 7-8€ material costs, fails and broken joints included.

hokuto no ken uyghur 3d printed FIG-IPN-0295_01_dcc362ac-1c05-4a03-ad01-0a83f8d3c9cc

the leg guards and cape is still missing, those will be added soon.

hokuto no ken uyghur 3d printed Wig110
hokuto no ken uyghur 3d printed Wig210

the base figure is a model of hulk which i bought for 10$ from cgtraders. first time i paid money and havent been disappointed. the articulation is pretty good though i´ll have to try a different filament for the second version in the future.

pla is very weak when it comes to ball joints so i had to use small screws to strenghten some small parts.

the helmet, shinguard and bracers are all free models from thingiverse, altered and formed to fit the hulk parts.

the only real thing i did myself is put a beard on the head sculpt  Smile but hey you got to start somewhere.

as always there´s room for improvement but the good thing with 3d printing is i can churn out lots of figures and try different things with very low costs per try.

i hope you enjoy the figure, somewhere in the future i plan on doing zeed if i can get a proper head sculpt.

cheers
tjolnir

2hokuto no ken uyghur 3d printed Empty Re: hokuto no ken uyghur 3d printed Mon May 03, 2021 2:02 am

Diana

Diana
What an exciting project! That's impressive. Well done!

3hokuto no ken uyghur 3d printed Empty Re: hokuto no ken uyghur 3d printed Mon May 03, 2021 9:33 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! That’s impressive. And what a cool project.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

hokuto no ken uyghur 3d printed C8485110

4hokuto no ken uyghur 3d printed Empty Re: hokuto no ken uyghur 3d printed Mon May 03, 2021 10:18 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks very nicely done and integrates with your other figures.

5hokuto no ken uyghur 3d printed Empty Re: hokuto no ken uyghur 3d printed Mon May 03, 2021 12:28 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
Thanks guys, much appreciated. I'm curious myself as to where this project will lead me, but for anyone who's into the source material, its not lacking interesting or entertaing villains.
Sure the protagonist has literal plot armor, but it's enjoyable to watch his progress nontheless.
That being said, there's a lack of good source based 3d models to build upon, nor do i want to display a cluttered mess, stuffing every available character into one scene.

So i got a second cannon fodder zeed member from revoltech and think about building the front yard of the fight scene.

Still looking for a convincing "shin" character, so far he's not on the list to be released by medicos albeit being one of the "essential" characters and the main kickstart for the series.

Maybe i'll contact the guy that made the original hulk figure, maybe a comission would be affordable. All i need would be the head sculpt 3d model, a body could be altered to fit his appearance.

So many wheels spinning the back of my head right now while i rewatch the 160+ episodes of the series. By now i could tell each technique by name Wink but i guess this is one of the projects where the journey is more rewarding than the destination Smile

Best regards
Tjolnir

And thanks for watching, really appreciate the comments.

6hokuto no ken uyghur 3d printed Empty Re: hokuto no ken uyghur 3d printed Wed May 05, 2021 1:44 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, I missed this earlier -- what a unique custom! And such a creative solution to avoid having to pay for an overpriced and undersized figure. Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum