OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Viable Low-Cost Source? Click N' Play - updated with Part III, December 2022

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

ZeroDelta

Maybe they changed names but years and years ago, they ran them under the title "Power Team" where they also had the "World´s Peacekeepers" and a line of Police SWAT figures. I think they more civilian outfit sets are a newer addition because I cant recall that they had them back then, but I could be mistaken.

One of the interesting things about those figures and the gear they come with, is the fact that some of their weapons are quite futuristic, like they have a revovler looking thing that seems to be taken from the TV series Fire Fly, made a copy of RoboCops Auto 9 and another of their handguns looks a bit like the Colt SCAMP prototype of PDWs. They also are the one that made an Israeli M21 Tavor Assault Rifle.

They are all one piece molds, but that also means that repainting them isnt much of a problem.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Thanks for explaining, ZeroDelta. I think I should have watched this company and its lines more attentively. Years ago I bought one of their UN peacekeepers, but otherwise I think these sets featured in the thread are the first I've gotten from them.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

FreakinLobster

Fun fact (at least for you guys): I found this Military Life set at Click 'N Play store on Amazon's site. They ship to my country. The set is 50USD. The shipping cost? 142USD, believe it or not. And that's because I have a Prime account. It's just surreal.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
FreakinLobster wrote:Fun fact (at least for you guys): I found this Military Life set at Click 'N Play store on Amazon's site. They ship to my country. The set is 50USD. The shipping cost? 142USD, believe it or not. And that's because I have a Prime account. It's just surreal.

Whoa! That is not a fun fact! You have Amazon Prime and they charge you shipping at all? And the shipping is three times the cost of the set!? That is a very very unfortunate fact. I'm very sorry to hear.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

csyeung

csyeung
Fantastic sets and they look great transplanted onto your more realistic kit bashed characters. I'm going to keep my eye out for these!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:Fantastic sets and they look great transplanted onto your more realistic kit bashed characters. I'm going to keep my eye out for these!

Thank you very much.

Part II - Loose accessories.

For Part III see HERE.

Here are the extra pieces I picked up directly from their site. Varying degrees of detail and paint application, but most could be improved with a tad of weathering or customizing. They are not the best packers, so I had to repair a couple of minor broken parts with superglue.

A Viable Low-Cost Source? Click N' Play - updated with Part III, December 2022 - Page 2 Cnpwpc33

A Viable Low-Cost Source? Click N' Play - updated with Part III, December 2022 - Page 2 Cnpwpc34

A Viable Low-Cost Source? Click N' Play - updated with Part III, December 2022 - Page 2 Cnpwpc35

For Part III see HERE.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part III - Two Policemen (and their rides) and a Fireman

Some months ago, I saw a few Click N' Play sets on discount on Amazon and decided to give them a try. The line is definitely more toy-like and basic than the high-end collectibles we discuss on the forum, but as discussed above, it is a potential source for plenty of useful kitbash material. Weathering and details can be added to the accessories, while the bodies (which are pretty loose) can be swapped out for better ones. There is the added bonus of being able to purchase loose accessories at low prices directly from the company (see Part II above). Clothing, especially when non-elastic, as in the case of the sets discussed here (except maybe the fireman), tends to be a bit tight on seamless bodies, if not outright impossible, but more conventional hard plastic bodies would likely fit just fine.

Pick N' Click has at least four police officer figures, of which I got two. The first is the mounted police, who comes complete with a horse. The box includes a city downtown backdrop, and plenty of plastic supports and twisties. The figure rides pretty well, and the horse is more articulated than usual (neck, front legs in three places, hind legs in one). I wonder if a good paint job and texturing can make the horse look more realistic, but the horsey people did not let me know when I first showed it in the last clothing seamless bodies installment. The mane could use plenty of improvement, too, as can the tack. The policeman comes with a bullhorn (megaphone), walkie-talkie, extendable baton, cuffs, and a gun that fits into the holster, as well as a helmet (no chinstrap, it just sits on top of his head, precariously) and translucent sunglasses. The tie is sown onto the shirt! The boots are probably too simplistic to be compete with higher end ones.

A Viable Low-Cost Source? Click N' Play - updated with Part III, December 2022 - Page 2 Cnp20110
A Viable Low-Cost Source? Click N' Play - updated with Part III, December 2022 - Page 2 Cnp20210
A Viable Low-Cost Source? Click N' Play - updated with Part III, December 2022 - Page 2 Cnp20310
A Viable Low-Cost Source? Click N' Play - updated with Part III, December 2022 - Page 2 Cnp20410

The second policeman is called City Patrol and comes with a police motorcycle. While rather simplistic, it seems roughly right to me, but I expect to be informed better by our resident expert, Mark (or someone else). Nothing lights up, but the two containers at the back open up, and there is a removable support at the bottom; with it in place, the motorcycle stays upright securely. Apart from the different uniform, the police officer has the same accessories as the Mounted Police (same helmet, sunglasses, gun, bullhorn, walkie talkie, handcuffs, and baton -- I kept most of the accessories in the functional compartments). And we get another downtown image as a backdrop. Again, I think a determined customizer could get a lot out of this set. For two other police officers, see the image of the back of the box at the end.

A Viable Low-Cost Source? Click N' Play - updated with Part III, December 2022 - Page 2 Cnp20510
A Viable Low-Cost Source? Click N' Play - updated with Part III, December 2022 - Page 2 Cnp20610
A Viable Low-Cost Source? Click N' Play - updated with Part III, December 2022 - Page 2 Cnp20710
A Viable Low-Cost Source? Click N' Play - updated with Part III, December 2022 - Page 2 Cnp20810

Click N' Play also produced at least three firefighters, of whom I picked up the Urban Fire Fighting set. There is no ride -- a Firetruck in sixth scale might be a bit beyond even Click N' Play (careful if you see one, they make toys in smaller scales, too). Accessories include the Nomex hood, helmet with visor, breathing mask hooked up to an oxygen tank strapped over the back, fire extinguisher, flashlight, walkie-talkie, and a fire hydrant with a shortish hose with a nozzle and handle -- this comes off, which is helpful when you want to get it into the stiff thickish hand sculpt. The thin hose connecting the breathing mask to the tank broke off and I had to reglue it to the mask; it broke off again after taking the photos. For the other two policemen, see the photo of the back of the box at the end.

A Viable Low-Cost Source? Click N' Play - updated with Part III, December 2022 - Page 2 Cnp20910
A Viable Low-Cost Source? Click N' Play - updated with Part III, December 2022 - Page 2 Cnp21010
A Viable Low-Cost Source? Click N' Play - updated with Part III, December 2022 - Page 2 Cnp21110
A Viable Low-Cost Source? Click N' Play - updated with Part III, December 2022 - Page 2 Cnp21210

All in all, not bad for the price, suitable for a toy or as a base for a more ambitious kitbash/modification. These sets vary in price significantly (both at different times and amongst themselves), but the smaller ones like the firefighter could be as little as $18 and the larger ones like the mounted police about $51. Many are available (e.g., at Amazon) long after they were first released. I think this line (or some variation of it) was also carried by Big Lots, at least in the past.

A Viable Low-Cost Source? Click N' Play - updated with Part III, December 2022 - Page 2 Cnp21310

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Some of the clothing doesn’t look so bad. Not sure about the accessories.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A Viable Low-Cost Source? Click N' Play - updated with Part III, December 2022 - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Some of the clothing doesn’t look so bad. Not sure about the accessories.
I forgot to mention the pants open at the back, which is very Barbie/Ken-like. The shirts do open where they should. The accessories are quite basic (and repetitive) and clean-cut, but some seem promising, especially if one modifies them. I liked the ones featured in Parts I and II better, to be honest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum