OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

11/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Mon May 17, 2021 6:51 am

Skippy

Standard Edition List:

Hair transplant head sculpture: 1
hat: 1
scarf: 1
jacket: 1
pants: 1
leather belt with metal buckle: 1
leather gun belt with metal buckle : 1
pair Leather pistol holster: 2 pieces
Leather dagger cover: 1 pair
Hunting dagger: 1
Harmonica: 1
wine: 1 bottle
Cowboy revolver: two
Lasso ropes: 1 pair
Short cut shotgun: 1
double barrel Shotgun: 1
Boots: 1 pair
Female body: 1
Hand type: 4 pairs
Deadline: 2021 6 20
Shipping date: 2021 Fourth season

Deluxe Edition list:

Hair transplant head sculpture: 1
hat: 1
scarf: 1
jacket: 1
trousers: 1
leather belt with metal buckle: 1
leather gun belt with metal buckle : 1 pair of
leather pistol holster: two pieces of
leather dagger set: 1 Vice
Hunting Dagger: 1
Harmonica: 1
Wine: 1 Bottle
Cowboy Revolver: Two
Lasso rope: 1 pair
Short cut shotgun: 1
double-barreled shotgun: 1
boots: 1 pair
Female body: 1
Hand type: 4 pairs
Horse: 1 horse
Saddle: 1 set of
horse bag: 1 set ( Left and right)
Blanket: 1 pair of
metal stirrups: 1 set.
Deadline date: 2021 6 20
Shipping date: 2021 fourth quarter

1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie 175120o1g6euqcw69rz0kk

1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie 175123qzyl00679pys0o85

1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie 175124fxo8yfrgffkfx8of

1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie 175126pme828xeeocmfiba

1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie 175127vsuuu4416szuwxjh

1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie 175129ni1hsjig6i61iigp

1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie 175130n3vl9w9j5533liyr

1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie 175132favgcyfd28mv92rr

1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie 175134ej3tumu149u1713c

1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie 175136lvzzv6iizs24b66z

1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie 175137uylwyg3fewyrfm5p

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=373228&extra=page%3D1

1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie 1000?cb=20181112161924

21/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Mon May 17, 2021 7:02 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Awesome! Well, at least if LIM isn’t going to do her, someone has to step up. Hopefully, I can afford the Deluxe.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie C8485110

31/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Mon May 17, 2021 7:04 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ooooh, I like it!!!! Smile

(Too bad the horse doesn't have a western saddle, though I guess it's a clever way for Mr.Z to shift some of their leftover Hanoverian stock ;p )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

41/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Mon May 17, 2021 7:08 am

Skippy

Yes, the saddle and those elastic girth straps kill the idea of the deluxe for me.

Looks more like she's going showjumping rather than riding the range.

Wonder if they'll improve her hat?

51/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Mon May 17, 2021 7:15 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The Star Ace James Dean horse set has it's flaws, but I'm guessing the saddle from it would fit this horse in a pinch, if need be.

61/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Mon May 17, 2021 7:22 am

Skippy

OSK already has her up for pre-order.

Standard: $144

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2848

Deluxe: $269

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2849

71/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Mon May 17, 2021 7:43 am

Skippy

GianToy is more expensive for the Standard: $145.99

But cheaper for the Deluxe: $259.99.

81/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Mon May 17, 2021 8:45 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Who is she? Smile

Looks like a really nice set

91/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Mon May 17, 2021 9:12 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She's Sadie Adler (aka 'the Widow Adler') from Red Dead Redemption 2. : )

101/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Mon May 17, 2021 9:29 am

JohnByng

She is a really great character. Tough and mean and bitter as hell! And she has good reason to be.

111/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Mon May 17, 2021 10:06 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:She's Sadie Adler (aka 'the Widow Adler') from Red Dead Redemption 2.  : )

Thanks! The companies really get those game characters right for this one so far Smile

121/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Mon May 17, 2021 10:24 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool. I like this set a lot. Pretty but also gritty and more plausible. I thought that was one of the infamous "Hanoverians."

131/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Mon May 17, 2021 10:33 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I POd the Deluxe from Giantoy. Even if the saddle is wrong, it can at least be modified to work, and the fact that it comes with a horse and some extras for said horse, for less than the cost of an average Hot Toys boxed set — hard to go wrong. Aside from the saddle/harness and her hat, I don’t really have any complaints.

141/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Mon May 17, 2021 10:42 am

Skippy

I see GT increased their price to $264.99.

Yes, it's not a bad price for the horse, once you deduct the cost of the standard figure.

151/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Mon May 17, 2021 11:28 am

csyeung

csyeung
Stryker2011 wrote:I POd the Deluxe from Giantoy. Even if the saddle is wrong, it can at least be modified to work, and the fact that it comes with a horse and some extras for said horse, for less than the cost of an average Hot Toys boxed set — hard to go wrong. Aside from the saddle/harness and her hat, I don’t really have any complaints.

My hand seemed to have slipped and hit the PO as well.

Asta wrote:I see GT increased their price to $264.99.

Yes, it's not a bad price for the horse, once you deduct the cost of the standard figure.

Doh, just saw it today. Ah well, still cheaper than osk.

161/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Mon May 17, 2021 1:21 pm

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Great times for the Western fans -- sidestepping any specific connection to Red Dead Redemption, being able to assemble into one Western diorama the VTS with its spectacular gear, the forthcoming LIM with less gear but probably a better body, and now this! Probably the best thing that's happened to the 1/6 Western world since Marx 1967.

171/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Tue May 18, 2021 3:09 am

glitch

glitch
lol "Shipping date: 2021 fourth quarter"
With SW, it'll be more like 4th quarter of 2022. 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie 1f606
The figure does look pretty good though!

181/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Tue May 25, 2021 4:44 am

Skippy

glitch wrote:lol "Shipping date: 2021 fourth quarter"
With SW, it'll be more like 4th quarter of 2022.  1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie 1f606
The figure does look pretty good though!

Kit was a bit more optimistic. lol

Available in Q4 2021 ***Swtoys delay half year in average so pls expect Q2 2022***

I ordered the regular from him.

It would be nice to have another horse to use with various figures - Jeanne d'Arc isn't giving up her ride, even if it were appropriate! It's a secondary consideration because a mounted figure changes the height requirements for everyone else I'll be displaying with it.

I'll hold out and see if Mr. Z come up with a specifically western themed mount to tempt me - you'd think it'd only be a matter of time.

RDR means very little to me, but it has made possible some very good looking western characters in 1/6.

Prior to Sadie Adler, the only other female character was Asmus' Daisy Domergue, and she wasn't a very attractive looking option.

Going back about twenty years there was the Twilight Magic Works Yamato 'Kelly', which I once owned along with 'George'. She was quite doll like, yet remarkably detailed down below for a doll of that vintage and type!

Michael Crawford's review is a real blast from the past.

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_101600.htm

I offloaded the figures cheap to a toy dealer when I was clearing out a lot of dated 1/6, mainly Dragon which I regret now because there was a lot of useful clothing, weapons and equipment on the Dragons that would still stand up today.

At least I had the foresight to keep the revolvers and rifle from Kelly and George before getting rid of them.

The Colt .45s and Winchester, which I think is a Model 1873 Octagon Sporter, ended up on my second BBK Jonah Hex:

1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie 100_0210

Anyway, back to the topic. SW's Sadie looks to be a useful offering, the classic movie feisty woman of the west. I often wonder, when watching westerns, how prevalent it would've been to see women dressed like this, such as Calamity Jane who was known dress as a man.

This is an interesting snippet from a Wikipedia article about how the issue was viewed in more  'civilised' districts:

Various US cities, in the 19th and 20th centuries, passed legislation barring women from wearing trousers. Representative among these was an 1863 law passed by San Francisco's Board of Supervisors criminalizing appearing in public in "a dress not belonging to his or her sex", although similar laws existed in Columbus, Ohio (passed 1848); Chicago, Illinois (passed 1851); Houston, Texas (passed 1864); Orlando, Florida (passed 1907), and approximately two dozen other US cities.[5] (Anti-crossdressing laws continued to pass well into the 20th century, with Detroit, Michigan, and Miami, Florida, passing laws as late as the 1950s, and Cincinnati, Ohio, passing one in 1974.[5])

Additionally, existing laws such as anti-vagrancy statutes were pressed into service to ensure that women would dress in accord with the gender norms of the time. One such instance would be New York's anti-vagrancy statute of 1845, which stated that "Every person who, having his face painted, discolored, covered or concealed, or being otherwise disguised, in a manner calculated to prevent him from being identified, shall appear in any road or public highway, or in any field, lot, wood or inclosure, may be pursued and arrested”.[6] This law was used to prosecute women for cross-dressing, on the grounds that their dressing outside of gender norms constituted a "disguise".[2] Boston used similar anti-vagrancy laws to arrest Emma Snodgrass and Harriet French in 1852. (Snodgrass would be arrested again in Cleveland in 1853, and French would be arrested again in New York in 1856.) French reportedly broke with convention in order to pursue job opportunities open only to men: she claimed to the New York Daily Times that she could "get more wages" dressed as a man.[7]

Anti-vagrancy laws were also used to arrest Jennie Westbrook in New York, in 1882 and 1883. Westbrook's case was said at the time to have "awakened deep interest" among the public, as it was understood that she was attempting to "escape from that bondage [to] which social laws have subjected the sex". Like Harriet French in Boston, Westbrook identified work opportunities as her reason for cross-dressing: "Her excuse was that she could make $20 a week in her disguise, while as a 'saleslady' in a fashionable store the pay would be only one-third that amount."[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trousers_as_women%27s_clothing#Changing_norms

191/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Tue May 25, 2021 5:05 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Asta -- if you want a horse that would work for Western figures, I do think the currently available Mr.Z Akhal-Teke horse is quite suitable. While the breed itself is technically not, the model is passable as a more generic horse. Jean Ross makes Western saddles for this model: 

1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie 14381810

1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie 14376710

201/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Tue May 25, 2021 5:21 am

Skippy

skywalkersaga wrote:Asta -- if you want a horse that would work for Western figures, I do think the currently available Mr.Z Akhal-Teke horse is quite suitable. While the breed itself is technically not, the model is passable as a more generic horse. Jean Ross makes Western saddles for this model: 

1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie 14381810

1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie 14376710

That does look really good.

I Googled the name, which took me to the Facebook page and then to an eBay auction. It would probably cost a fortune with the shipping and inevitable tax, and then the horse itself.

At the moment I'm not in a hurry. I might just wait for my Sideshow rewards to build up and get the James Dean horse for the cost of shipping.

The SW Deluxe might not have been a bad option, as once there's a rider on board you don't see a lot of the saddle, but you do see the elastic. But I just don't like the icky colour they chose to paint the Mr. Z horse.

211/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Tue May 25, 2021 5:43 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, unfortunately Jean is located in Canada, which currently has astronomical shipping prices to the UK. But you could always send a message on FB and enquire -- Jean does custom requests, from what I can recall. 

Alternatively, I'm sure there are other saddlemakers out there closer to home. There's one in the UK that I know of, but her work is quite pricey as well: 

https://www.facebook.com/onesixthsaddles

I was mostly just showing the Akhal-Teke with the western saddle as an example, to demonstrate that it works for the genre. Smile

ETA: The Akhal-Teke model is quite affordable on SPACE figuren website, even with Brexit shipping added on it.

221/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Tue May 25, 2021 6:05 am

Skippy

skywalkersaga wrote:Yes, unfortunately Jean is located in Canada, which currently has astronomical shipping prices to the UK. But you could always send a message on FB and enquire -- Jean does custom requests, from what I can recall. 

Alternatively, I'm sure there are other saddlemakers out there closer to home. There's one in the UK that I know of, but her work is quite pricey as well: 

https://www.facebook.com/onesixthsaddles

I was mostly just showing the Akhal-Teke with the western saddle as an example, to demonstrate that it works for the genre. Smile

ETA: The Akhal-Teke model is quite affordable on SPACE figuren website, even with Brexit shipping added on it.

It's definitely a good looking horse, and the pose is more unusual too. It makes me think of the high-stepping Spanish horses you see in spaghetti westerns, which also found their way to America, of course.

I just keep expecting Mr Z to come out with an American Quarter Horse with western tack, blanket and bedroll - a one stop stop that will finally tempt me.

231/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Tue May 25, 2021 6:40 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It would indeed be nice if Mr.Z would put out more 'standard' western-style mounts (or English style, for that matter), but there's no way to predict what they will do next. 

Personally, I'd love something like an Andalusian, as I think it would be extremely versatile for various different genres and settings.

241/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:21 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Paid my invoice just now for this.

251/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Empty Re: 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:22 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Stryker2011 wrote:Paid my invoice just now for this.

me too! 1/6 SWToys FS042 Lady Adler Valkyrie 1f44a

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum