OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cpl. Dwayne Hicks

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cpl. Dwayne Hicks Empty Cpl. Dwayne Hicks Fri May 21, 2021 10:27 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
I'm a big Michael Biehn fan, a large part of that to his portrayal of Hicks in Aliens.
Cpl. Dwayne Hicks 51192453058_d98821e577_c
Cpl. Dwayne Hicks 51192236986_55d5557548_c

This figure saw much of the same treatment as my other Marines, grosgrain ribbon for his webbing, straps and the like, with some hockey tape (wrist cover, pouches) and grosgrain ribbon (motion tracker).
Cpl. Dwayne Hicks 51193009924_b810863ab4_c

His head and fleshy bits got a full repaint.
Cpl. Dwayne Hicks 51189445566_8d930248cd_c

I also made his shotgun scabbard out of hockey tape, with some magnets to help keep the flap closed.
Cpl. Dwayne Hicks 51192322070_49afd30281_c

I think the most finicky part of this one was re-doing his arm tattoo. That's a lot of little numbers in a very small area. It's not perfect, but it's there.
Cpl. Dwayne Hicks 51192237006_1c8bd70050_c

While I was at it, I also redid the Neca Windrix figure.
He wasn't based off a character from the film, but he was the brother of one of the Neca sculptors who was a big Aliens fan, and passed away after a short and fierce battle with cancer.
Cpl. Dwayne Hicks 51191530127_d31574c0fc_c

Cpl. Dwayne Hicks 51187786809_cc01998b10_c
My squad grows. Out of 12, I have three left to complete, including a Hudson and Frost.

2Cpl. Dwayne Hicks Empty Re: Cpl. Dwayne Hicks Fri May 21, 2021 3:11 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
the repaint, for me, is what makes the figure. the original had a rather concerned, almost scared look thats totally not befitting the character.
you managed to turn that around and give him a proper determined and stern expression.

i missed the train on neca toys in this particular line of figures and none of my go to stores would have enough to really army build. but seeing those in action, i don't put the idea of an AvP diorama ,somewhere in the future, completely on ice Wink

3Cpl. Dwayne Hicks Empty Re: Cpl. Dwayne Hicks Fri May 21, 2021 3:14 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Your repaint did do a world of difference. The whole customization (of both figures) is just perfect, and the oven scene works beautifully. Long live hockey tape!

4Cpl. Dwayne Hicks Empty Re: Cpl. Dwayne Hicks Fri May 21, 2021 3:24 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks a lot fellas!

Jeeze I'm not sure what I'm gonna do when I'm all done these guys, haha.

5Cpl. Dwayne Hicks Empty Re: Cpl. Dwayne Hicks Fri May 21, 2021 3:44 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That is absolutely spectacular, picklemunky! Your attention to detail in this scale is always extremely impressive. Excellent repaint and modifications. The photos are beautifully lit and staged as well.

And what a sad but moving story about the Neca sculptor memorialising his brother as an action figure.  Cpl. Dwayne Hicks 1f494

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6Cpl. Dwayne Hicks Empty Re: Cpl. Dwayne Hicks Fri May 21, 2021 6:49 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice upgrade with the paint, and of course the hockey tape accessories. Do you have a Vasquez? I didn’t see her. And yes, Hudson is a must. (RIP Bill).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Cpl. Dwayne Hicks C8485110

7Cpl. Dwayne Hicks Empty Re: Cpl. Dwayne Hicks Sun May 23, 2021 4:26 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Really beautiful, really looks like him now. And you have the most scary oven. Game over man! On what to do with them...my solution/approach always has been 'don't think,  make more' yet. Razz

But wait, is this Temuera 'Rex' Morrison wearing Blackface?

You should call yourself HockeyMunkey. Or PickleHockey.

8Cpl. Dwayne Hicks Empty Re: Cpl. Dwayne Hicks Tue May 25, 2021 3:50 am

Diana

Diana
What a cool project! They lok great, especially in the group. Smile

9Cpl. Dwayne Hicks Empty Re: Cpl. Dwayne Hicks Tue May 25, 2021 7:15 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks a lot folks Smile

I do have a Vasquez, actually! I gotta take a look at her and see what I could do for improvements.
Well Spotted, Ovy, that is Jango himself. I've also got Perseus (Sam Worthington) and Freddie Mercury in the ranks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum