OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 "Wandering Earth" CN171-11 Rescue Team Medical Soldier "Girl"-Zhou Qian #DMS036

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

ukshaun

I looks so good!
I have no idea who the character is..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

csyeung

ukshaun wrote:I looks so good!
I have no idea who the character is..

Based on 2019 Chinese sci-fi film of the same name. This is officially licensed. The movie was a decent popcorn movie (ie, don't think too much about it and just go for the ride), was best selling movie at the time in China. This character played a medic in the film. 2 others are being made, one already came out, the leader, and the heavy with the gatling gun is supposed to come out soon as well.

Kitsune1000

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:All good points. I went ahead and POd this for all of the above reasons. Oddly, the male figure is another $40 expensive — maybe because of the Gatling gun (?).

Actually, that's good to know because my go-to local source Toy Square hasn't posted the female yet though they've listed the male since he was announced.  A slightly cheaper price is another point favoring the female.  The Gatling gun is one difference but possibly the exoskeleton on the male may be marginally more complex -- I can't really tell from the pics.  I can't see myself getting both, except that once again I wish that 1/6 could work like normal retail --  a perfect world would be where, if the one figure is really impressive in hand, you'd still have the option of getting the other.  Unlikely here, esp as the more desirable female comes second.

csyeung wrote:yea, I've only been a few times to the store, but the owner was quite helpful. I just rewatched the movie again and all three of these characters were more just side characters. I think the family unit were the main characters. I do like the design of this suit though, I don't think I'd need all three, although the guy with gatlin gun is still kinda cool looking even though all he does is shoot that gun at inanimate objects (and sky) in the movie lol. Movie wasn't super memorable, totally a popcorn type summer flick. I think we can easily just pluck this one character out and make up our own stories around hehe.

Wow ,  some local collectors  What a small world.   I've only been to Toy Square once even though it's practically in my back yard.  Nice shop and was able to pick up an older figure I wanted.

teamweapon

watched this over the weekend. it was not a great movie AT ALL! it looks pretty good, but i was checking to see if i NEEDED any of these figures, if it did turn out to be good scifi.
it seems a strange thing that none of the characters they have made in the black suits are main roles in the film?
i would have thought the people in the red suits would have been a more obvious choice but what do i know?
i also watched a movie called ying yang master, that would have some really nice characters to make in 1/6!
even if the movie is VERY star wars influenced, enjoyed it way more than wandering boredom haha

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, I don’t have any vested interest in the character, as I’ve never seen the movie, outside of thinking it looks cool as a figure.

She just shipped this morning from Giantoy, so it’s going to be a bit before I get her.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 "Wandering Earth" CN171-11 Rescue Team Medical Soldier "Girl"-Zhou Qian #DMS036 - Page 2 C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
Kitsune1000 wrote:Wow ,  some local collectors  What a small world.   I've only been to Toy Square once even though it's practically in my back yard.  Nice shop and was able to pick up an older figure I wanted.

Yea, we should meet up someday. That said, I'm usually at the fanexpo comic cons =D. Usually there aren't too many 1/6 retailers there though, just imaginationhobby, animextreme and naren's shop. Silver snail used to have a figure or two but I think they've stopped going to the conventions at least not in the past few I've gone to before and after pandemic.

teamweapon

Stryker2011 wrote:Well, I don’t have any vested interest in the character, as I’ve never seen the movie, outside of thinking it looks cool as a figure.

She just shipped this morning from Giantoy, so it’s going to be a bit before I get her.

dont think i was ripping on this figure, even one TINY bit. This is an absolutely KILLER figure and im jealous that you are getting it if im honest. i would love all three of these figures, alas my poor worn out wallet has other ideas haha.
im sure more fun can be had with the figures than the movie Very Happy

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
csyeung wrote:
Kitsune1000 wrote:Wow ,  some local collectors  What a small world.   I've only been to Toy Square once even though it's practically in my back yard.  Nice shop and was able to pick up an older figure I wanted.

Yea, we should meet up someday. That said, I'm usually at the fanexpo comic cons =D. Usually there aren't too many 1/6 retailers there though, just imaginationhobby, animextreme and naren's shop. Silver snail used to have a figure or two but I think they've stopped going to the conventions at least not in the past few I've gone to before and after pandemic.

Definitely, guys, we should meet up there someday - and Toy Square has the added benefit of sharing the same mall as one of the best Chinese food courts in Canada. Honestly I probably wouldn't keep up this hobby if it weren't for Toy Square. Great in every way -- been buying there so long that I remember getting the unlicensed Hot Toys Neo and George Lucas. The only down side to having them locally is the risk of driving past when I'm in a bad mood and coming back with something like an unexpected impulse purchase of the original HT DeLorean on the back seat.

Yeah, FanExpo doesn't have much 1/6, and when they do, things tend to be upwards premium priced rather than any good deals. Going a bit further out, the Mississauga Road shows are marginally better.

Maybe keep June 12 free: https://www.omss.ca/pages/annual_show.html The Ontario Model Soldier Society's "annual" public show is coming back after missing two years due to COVID. It's a smaller show, and by its theme the 1/6 presence such as it is tends to be more military that Pop Culture, but this one gets some attendance by Ontario 1/6 collectors, including several folks who were prominent on One Sixth Warriors, and they usually have an impressive diorama set up typically in a WW2 theme.

Ovy

Ovy
Those ones are really great with all their exoskeleton stuff. Although you better avoid narrow corridors or caves etc.

Haven't watched the movie yet, although I finished the second book of Liu Cixin's Three body problem yesterday, can only recommend. The wandering Earth is based on a short story by him.

csyeung

csyeung
Mine came in today. Box is huge. It's pretty thick board for the box too which is nice. Here is a quick pic for now. Gotta head out for a bit but I'll try to have some more pics tonite.

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 "Wandering Earth" CN171-11 Rescue Team Medical Soldier "Girl"-Zhou Qian #DMS036 - Page 2 Dsc03418
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 "Wandering Earth" CN171-11 Rescue Team Medical Soldier "Girl"-Zhou Qian #DMS036 - Page 2 Dsc03420
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 "Wandering Earth" CN171-11 Rescue Team Medical Soldier "Girl"-Zhou Qian #DMS036 - Page 2 Dsc03419
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 "Wandering Earth" CN171-11 Rescue Team Medical Soldier "Girl"-Zhou Qian #DMS036 - Page 2 Dsc03421
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 "Wandering Earth" CN171-11 Rescue Team Medical Soldier "Girl"-Zhou Qian #DMS036 - Page 2 Dsc03422

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Awesome, Craig. Looking forward to seeing her.

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 "Wandering Earth" CN171-11 Rescue Team Medical Soldier "Girl"-Zhou Qian #DMS036 - Page 2 C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
Here are some more pictures and observations. First off, looking back at the box, I noticed this little sticker. While it may not necessarily mean much, I feel it's a bit reassuring that the figure probably got a once over before the sent it out.

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 "Wandering Earth" CN171-11 Rescue Team Medical Soldier "Girl"-Zhou Qian #DMS036 - Page 2 Dsc03424

Here is the second tray, the base with snow looks pretty cool. It's fairly heavy. There's a peg cover if you decide not to use the crotch grabber. (Just flip it over and it falls out easily)
There are only 2 extra hands, the left hand's thumb looks a bit akward to me, but I think it's so it can be pressed against the rifle. The hands are all sculpted pieces and the gun hand is a bit difficult to wrap around the grip, so be careful. The two weapons are sculpted, there is a removable clip on the rifle and a clip on the other side that moves. I have no idea if/where it's supposed to connect to if at all.

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 "Wandering Earth" CN171-11 Rescue Team Medical Soldier "Girl"-Zhou Qian #DMS036 - Page 2 Dsc03425

I took my time taking some pics. It's difficult to take pictures with the helmet because it's going to reflect everything in the room hehe. It also seems to be a magnet for dust. I'd be careful handling it as well for fingerprints and scratches. (Mine had some minor fingerprints out of the box which is easily wiped off.) Out of the box, thankfully most of the accessories are already assembled. The exo skeleton and pistons are already installed. There are parts that are stitched into the costume so that the exo skeleton stays in place. There are velcro cuffs on wrist and legs. The boots are pretty big so it stands ok, but I still used a stand mostly cause I don't want it crashing down. The body seems to be a standard body. I'd prefer if it was heavier to be honest so that it feels more sturdy. The decals and vials are already installed. Many of the pouch zippers are cosmetic, they don't open. The suit is made of a thick canvas material. The helmet pegs in easily. The bodycam comes unattached. It fits on a panel beside her head. It's a bit loose so I had to put a bit of bluetack so it doesn't fall out. The other end i just inserted in the backpack. There were no clear directions for this. It does come with an instruction sheet but it's mostly for the movement of the pistons on the exoskeleton. There is some neat engineering for that. It's all plastic though so again I was being very careful cause it seems fragile.

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 "Wandering Earth" CN171-11 Rescue Team Medical Soldier "Girl"-Zhou Qian #DMS036 - Page 2 Dsc03515
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 "Wandering Earth" CN171-11 Rescue Team Medical Soldier "Girl"-Zhou Qian #DMS036 - Page 2 Dsc03514
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 "Wandering Earth" CN171-11 Rescue Team Medical Soldier "Girl"-Zhou Qian #DMS036 - Page 2 Dsc03516
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 "Wandering Earth" CN171-11 Rescue Team Medical Soldier "Girl"-Zhou Qian #DMS036 - Page 2 Dsc03517

The head is a little loose on the neck peg, I wrapped a bit of tissue paper and now it's snug. The neck peg they use is a little larger than others I've seen, but you can replace it easily if you are switching out a head. It's a standard body as I mentioned. Here it is, just for fun a different head on the figure.

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 "Wandering Earth" CN171-11 Rescue Team Medical Soldier "Girl"-Zhou Qian #DMS036 - Page 2 Dsc03518
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 "Wandering Earth" CN171-11 Rescue Team Medical Soldier "Girl"-Zhou Qian #DMS036 - Page 2 Dsc03519

I know many are interested on how the sculpt turned out, so here it is on a separate body so you can see better. The earpiece IS removable. It is pegged in.

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 "Wandering Earth" CN171-11 Rescue Team Medical Soldier "Girl"-Zhou Qian #DMS036 - Page 2 Dsc03510
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 "Wandering Earth" CN171-11 Rescue Team Medical Soldier "Girl"-Zhou Qian #DMS036 - Page 2 Dsc03511
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 "Wandering Earth" CN171-11 Rescue Team Medical Soldier "Girl"-Zhou Qian #DMS036 - Page 2 Dsc03512
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 "Wandering Earth" CN171-11 Rescue Team Medical Soldier "Girl"-Zhou Qian #DMS036 - Page 2 Dsc03513

Despite all the exposed wires being impractical in real life, I think it looks pretty awesome. There is a little downgrade on the paint apps as expected, but I feel the sculpt looks pretty much the same as the proto. The figure appears fragile, but I think the small pieces are actually more durable. I would have liked it to be a bit more weighty, maybe in the leg area so she feels more sturdy when you have her posed. Course would have been cool to have a metal exoskeleton, but that would have been cost prohibitive I think. Maybe they could have given some iron man articulated hands though. Getting the hand to grip the rifle really was a pain. She does look a bit tall overall, but that could be the boots I think, the left hands feels a bit long too. Maybe it's not pegged in properly.

Sorry for the long post, just dropping my initial thoughts.

davidd

davidd
I love the design of the helmet - large enough to give some room for the head. Impressively detailed uniform.

Thank you for sharing "in hand" pix!

brassco

brassco
wow...the accessories are something to drool at! for sci-fy lovers, this is a must collect! Lots of possibilities! nice figure you got there!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the review, Craig, she turned out beautifully.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She looks awesome, Craig. Nice to see she’ll have good hearing once that ear piece is removed (hehe). Still waiting on mine…

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Mine arrived yesterday. Pretty easy to assemble as everything but the "glass" dome was already attached (plus adding the weapons). Didn't see the need to take pics as Craig already did it. She's pretty cool in hand, and the head sculpt is indeed lovely. The whole thing is pretty impressive, but yes, I'd be afraid of her taking a tumble, so the stand will definitely be used for this.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad you like her, Mark. Are you getting her male counterpart too?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Glad you like her, Mark. Are you getting her male counterpart too?

Nah. This was expensive enough.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
True. But they would look awesome together. Do it! Do it! Do it! Wink

csyeung

csyeung
Stryker2011 wrote:Mine arrived yesterday. Pretty easy to assemble as everything but the "glass" dome was already attached (plus adding the weapons). Didn't see the need to take pics as Craig already did it. She's pretty cool in hand, and the head sculpt is indeed lovely. The whole thing is pretty impressive, but yes, I'd be afraid of her taking a tumble, so the stand will definitely be used for this.

Awesome! More pics are always welcome! I am glad that it pretty much came all assembled already. I probably would have had a hard time putting the exoskeleton together. So many details though to look at which is pretty cool.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Very cool in hand pcis! That whole outfit turned out pretty cool and the head is also quiet pretty. Striking figure on any shelf! 

I think "taikonauts" could make for some really awesome outdoor shots in a desert or swampy area.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 "Wandering Earth" CN171-11 Rescue Team Medical Soldier "Girl"-Zhou Qian #DMS036 - Page 2 _dsc3633
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 "Wandering Earth" CN171-11 Rescue Team Medical Soldier "Girl"-Zhou Qian #DMS036 - Page 2 _dsc3634

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Fully kitted out, by the looks of it. Now get her her mate. Wink

csyeung

csyeung
Awesome pictures Mark, I like the blue light you shot the pics with!

csyeung

csyeung
Made an unboxing vid for some closer looks Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you, Craig!

Annalise

Annalise
Nice video, thanks. This wasn't even on my radar and now you guys have me seriously considering it.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool video, Craig. Thanks for that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum