OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trouble logging in at Sideshow Freaks

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trouble logging in at Sideshow Freaks Empty Trouble logging in at Sideshow Freaks Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:41 pm

ahbake

Has anybody else been having problems?
After the board updated, I was able to log in for a couple of days, but then it asked me for the password and for whatever reason it doesn't work anymore. And it won't let me send an email to reset the password, something about a Captcha that doesn't work...

ahbake

Uhm... Sideshow... Laughing

3Trouble logging in at Sideshow Freaks Empty Re: Trouble logging in at Sideshow Freaks Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:34 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I haven’t had the issue myself, and I just had to log in again recently. I’m seeing quite a few issues with their new forum. Plus, it’s no longer Sideshow Freaks, but Collector Freaks. I’m guessing when Sideshow cut ties a few years back, and they lost their subsidiary funding from them, they had to give up the moniker. They’ve clearly been planning this for awhile, but they don’t seem to have worked out all the bugs, I’ve read posts that some folks, when they logged in, actually ended up logged in to someone else’s account altogether.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Trouble logging in at Sideshow Freaks C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If you're still having trouble, let me know, and I'll see if I can't get one of the Moderators over there to reach out to you.

5Trouble logging in at Sideshow Freaks Empty Re: Trouble logging in at Sideshow Freaks Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:51 am

ahbake

Yeah, still can't log in or reset password...
And when I try to reset the password with my email, it asks me to "type the word s i d e s h o w without the spaces", but when I do, it says I didn't complete the catch correctly.

So yeah, if you can help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I sent one of the Admins your last message and let him/her know of the situation.

ahbake

Thanks a lot man!

Valiarde

Valiarde
Also had to log in again, but glad everything worked out.

I like the new design though.

9Trouble logging in at Sideshow Freaks Empty Re: Trouble logging in at Sideshow Freaks Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:57 pm

ahbake

Was able to log in again, don't know what was the matter...
Thanks anyway for the help guys.

10Trouble logging in at Sideshow Freaks Empty Re: Trouble logging in at Sideshow Freaks Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:34 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Glad it worked out.

11Trouble logging in at Sideshow Freaks Empty Re: Trouble logging in at Sideshow Freaks Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:22 am

Skippy

ahbake wrote:Was able to log in again, don't know what was the matter...
Thanks anyway for the help guys.

Glad you managed to get in. Maybe it was a cookie or cache issue, rather than a forum issue?

I found I was logged out the other day, but reading others had been as well makes it sound like it was part of the process sorting out issues.

Stryker2011 wrote:I haven’t had the issue myself, and I just had to log in again recently. I’m seeing quite a few issues with their new forum. Plus, it’s no longer Sideshow Freaks, but Collector Freaks. I’m guessing when Sideshow cut ties a few years back, and they lost their subsidiary funding from them, they had to give up the moniker. They’ve clearly been planning this for awhile, but they don’t seem to have worked out all the bugs, I’ve read posts that some folks, when they logged in, actually ended up logged in to someone else’s account altogether.

It's been Collector Freaks for a few years, but I always still used to use 'Sideshow Freaks' in my Google searches when I wanted to find something on the forum.

Even now, you can search 'Sideshow Freaks' and Google shows 'sideshowcollectors.com', which leads to 'collectorfreaks.com'.

I haven't read about the issue of logging into another user's account on the new forum, but on the old one it happened to me once. I was suddenly in someone else's account, but as soon as I clicked something the screen refreshed and it was back to normal.

So far I don't think I've encountered any real issues. Though some image heavier pages seem to have become sluggish, which is noticeable when moving the sidebar up and down. Don't know whether that has to do with the way the forum compresses images that need to be opened to see at full resolution. e.g, page 95 of the EXO-6 thread:

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/exo-6-star-trek-1-6-line.238235/page-95

Everything else is so slick, and it's a lot less work to post images or copy from Facebook than it became with the temperamental old forum. The old place seemed so outdated that it wasn't compatible with the rest of the internet.

I used to just follow my watched threads during the day, and the next morning look through the sub sections on the main page and catch up with everything I missed. Now I just refresh 'What's new', and the next morning go down the same page to the last time I checked. It's a lot faster.

12Trouble logging in at Sideshow Freaks Empty Re: Trouble logging in at Sideshow Freaks Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:26 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ve had issues with the new format not allowing my signature banner any longer (or having access to anyway to add it back); I’ve also noticed that if I add an avatar, all my “user” information that generally appears beneath it just completely disappears. There are still a few things they clearly need to fix.

13Trouble logging in at Sideshow Freaks Empty Re: Trouble logging in at Sideshow Freaks Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:46 pm

ahbake

Yeah, I haven't been able to fix my signature either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum