OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET068 1/6 sexy female denim suit/Sexy Cowgirl

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

rollotomasi

@MBAM, i forgot the VTS was a head & clothes set, the other Hartigan is the Art Figures City Police.

@csyeung, iirc the fabric of the upcoming set is similar to that one on Stryker's Nancy.
But i only saw the red set and that was years ago.

@Stryker, does your black pleather have the same texture as the ad pics?

@ Xavion, great idea with the list.
I wanted that Bruce-Wayne-Col-Sanders set & Joker-Ronald McDonalds (Set C003) because it was too hilarious to pass up but then i came to my senses and my budget was with Hot Toys figures.

shazzdan

Nice rendition of the movie costume but why call it a "denim suit" if there is no denim?

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

Stryker2011

Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:@Stryker, does your black pleather have the same texture as the ad pics?

Yes, it does. It’s also very thin, and sort of stretchy, but I imagine it will rot/flake pretty quickly if one is in a high humidity area.

csyeung

ah, that's probably a 4 way stretch vinyl. I had seen the previous sets when looking for western clothing, but didn't notice the texture as much, maybe it's the lighting and high res photos exaggerating it.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Most pleather is vinyl glued to fabric. Sunlight (the UV component) makes vinyl brittle. Humidity damages the fabric underlayer.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
I can totally accept the convention that comic book Superheroines are going to have huge breasts, and their 1/6 representations will have the same. I can extend that general expectation to the inevitable fact that most original female creations in 1/6, like all of TBL's created characters, will likely have the same.

Where it really gets weird for me though, like this Sexy Cowgirl Jessica Alba, is the situation where a specific and real person, a gorgeous and moderately proportioned woman in real life, suddenly develops significant exaggerations in the transformation to a 1/6 figure. In this case I know Super Duck is only marketing the head and clothing and not actually the body, but I can see what the promo pictures are going for, and she is going to need a body that fits the bra in the pictures. And it's just weird to see that distortion happening under Jessica Alba's specific face. Even with all its CGI art effects the movie did not redesign Alba's actual body too much. The similarly affected 1/6 figure that also made me laugh was when Toys Era did the same thing to the also gorgeous Olivia Munn in their version of the character Psylocke which they called "The Prescience". The SooSoo version called "Psychic Assassin" did not do the same exaggerating.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very good point, MBAM. Never thought of it, although it was pretty obvious they are dedicated to a degree of sexploitation.

Diana

Diana
Very good point MBAM. While I appreciate this TBL body getting the opportunity to shine with this set, in general I would prefer it if real people were represented realistically. Jessica Alba sure is beautiful the way she is and needs no "upgrades".

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Diana wrote:Jessica Alba sure is beautiful the way she is and needs no "upgrades".

Preach, Sister.  NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET068 1/6 sexy female denim suit/Sexy Cowgirl - Page 2 1f44d

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET068 1/6 sexy female denim suit/Sexy Cowgirl - Page 2 C8485110

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Just playing Devil’s Advocate here, but because this is such a niche market to begin with, I think you have to be able to sell this set to both the Sin City,/Nancy Callahan/Jessica Alba fans and the Itty Bitty Stuffed Bra Committee.  So I can understand why Super Duck would go with the less accurate bigger bust in order to cast a wider net.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
I feel weird talking about body image issues like it was just some other kind of Screen Accuracy, but clearly this is a thing that happens when real women become 1/6 representations.  It is actually kind of funny.  Undoubtedly they do it for the reasons GF  and Xavion2004 identify, but I can't guess whether it's done deliberately or it just happens unconsciously.  We tend to not notice the exaggeration, myself included.  And if it was just eg some TBL Warrior Woman, rather than Jessica Alba and Olivia Munn, it might not stand out or seem so strange.  But if a figure created this much of a distortion, only it was something in facial features, costume, or accessories, then people would be screaming and protesting.

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET068 1/6 sexy female denim suit/Sexy Cowgirl - Page 2 Mv5by210NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET068 1/6 sexy female denim suit/Sexy Cowgirl - Page 2 Jessic10

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET068 1/6 sexy female denim suit/Sexy Cowgirl - Page 2 E6351410NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET068 1/6 sexy female denim suit/Sexy Cowgirl - Page 2 20180610
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET068 1/6 sexy female denim suit/Sexy Cowgirl - Page 2 51711

Saturn

Saturn
Some new pictures:
https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=388807

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Nice! I just finished putting together Super Duck Ms. Marvel so I was just thinking about Nancy.
Thanks, Saturn!

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Saturn wrote:Some new pictures:
https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=388807

I just received my set. I was wondering how to put on the undies.
It seems to me the BBICN pic has it backwards, I mean the front barely covers anything! Shocked
BUT the 1st promo pic above shows it T-back style, which is not movie-accurate,
BUT who cares?

Anyway, as I posted before, I find the S43A to big for Nancy so I set aside an S12D
BUT now I feel the S12D is too buxom so I want to try a smaller body and ordered an S17B
BUT I'm kind of expecting the head will be a bobblehead on the slim S17B and definitely won't fill out the bra.
Lots of BUTS, I wonder why... Wink

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
rollotomasi wrote:

Anyway, as I posted before, I find the S43A to big for Nancy so I set aside an S12D
BUT now I feel the S12D is too buxom so I want to try a smaller body and ordered an S17B
BUT I'm kind of expecting the head will be a bobblehead on the slim S17B and definitely won't fill out the bra.
Lots of BUTS, I wonder why... Wink

I had the same body problems, so I put her on a S33, which somewhats fits the outfit. Still, the head felt too big, which made me use the older VC Max head.

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET068 1/6 sexy female denim suit/Sexy Cowgirl - Page 2 52481679293_437d8e7046_kSin City's Nancy Callahan by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Overall, I was kind of disappointed with the set, especially because the older outfit was much sturdier.

ukshaun

ukshaun
The figure in the OP looks good. The bust is on the large side.
I was trying to figure out why the use of the word 'denim' in the thread title? ..as i do not see any denim ;D

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
@Randam. Your Nancy looks excellent. VC Max fits the S33 perfectly proportion-wise.
I just wish TBL would come to their senses and bring back the original suntan.
The older SD black holsters & bandolier suit the whole figure way better.

Did you transplant the SD's blonde hair with bangs on the Max head?

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
rollotomasi wrote:@Randam. Your Nancy looks excellent. VC Max fits the S33 perfectly proportion-wise.
I just wish TBL would come to their senses and bring back the original suntan.
The older SD black holsters & bandolier suit the whole figure way better.

Did you transplant the SD's blonde hair with bangs on the Max head?

I used a hair piece from ebay for the transplant, because the SD head is so much bigger than the VC head. The skintone difference between head and body is still a noticeable problem, but it might be that the re-release of the Jessica Alba-sculpt by VC (Red spider set) was adjusted to the new suntan, so one could use this new head for a better bash. Smile

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Not sure, if there is much interest in this, but I recently got the HaHToys HaH-005 head, which very much looks like Jassica Alba (with a little Scarjo in it) and mounted it on my figure. The skintone matches much better with the new TBL suntan compared to the VC Max head. This might be an alternative for people who do not like the smiling SuperDuck stock head...

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET068 1/6 sexy female denim suit/Sexy Cowgirl - Page 2 53090568236_80ce219552_hNancy by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

I did not exchange the hairpiece so far, but the head might even look better with real blonde hair.

Diana

Diana
That's a nice head and it works really well, especially when photographed this nicely. Smile
I think she'd look best with dark hair, but blonde would work in this context, too, of course.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nice shot, Ralf. Yeah, the more platinum blonde hair would work best for Nancy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET068 1/6 sexy female denim suit/Sexy Cowgirl - Page 2 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautifully done as always, Ralf.

csyeung

csyeung
I like it!

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum