OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
“Her one choice gave birth to a whole new history and gave the multiverse a new hero.” – The Watcher

What If… Captain Carter was the First Avenger? After an ambush in the lab, Peggy Carter steps in and takes the Super Soldier serum and uses her newfound power and strength to charge right into battle.

Inspired by Marvel Studios’ What If…? animation series, Hot Toys proudly presents today Captain Carter as highly-detailed 1/6th scale collectible figure from another universe.

Beautifully crafted based on the appearance of Captain Carter in the animation series, the figure features a newly developed head sculpt and interchangeable brown curly hair sculptures with stunning likeness, finely tailored outfit in red, blue and white color scheme, Captain Carter’s signature shield, sword, pistol, and figure stand.

Let your Marvel collection grow today by adding the new Captain Carter 1/6th scale collectible figure!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODETMS059
PRODUCT NAMECAPTAIN CARTER
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 29CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS28
SPECIAL FEATURESNEWLY DEVELOPED HEAD SCULPT WITH INTERCHANGEABLE DARK BROWN CURLY HAIR SCULPTURES
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A
HEAD PAINTED BY N/A
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY N/A
The 1/6th scale Captain Carter Collectible Figure specially features:

- Authentic and detailed likeness of Captain Carter in Marvel Studios’ What If…? animation series
- One (1) newly developed head sculpt with two (2) interchangeable dark brown curly hair sculptures (with magnetic function)
- Highly-accurate facial expression and make-up
- Specialized body with over 28 points of articulations
- Approximately 29cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relax hands
- One (1) shield holding left hand
- One (1) sword holding right hand
- One (1) pistol holding right hand
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume :
- One (1) blue, white and red colored Captain Carter suit with embossed pattern
- One (1) blue embossed patterned pants with knee pads, and red trims
- One (1) dark brown-colored body strap
- One (1) dark brown-colored belt with utility pouches
- One (1) pair of dark brown-colored boots

Weapons:
- One (1) circular red and blue Captain Carter shield
- One (1) sword
- One (1) pistol

Accessory:
- One (1) specially designed figure stand

Release date: Approximately Q1 – Q2, 2023

*Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details can subject to change without further notice

© 2021 Marvel.
© 2021 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11546
female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2869
female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3572
female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4530
female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5496
female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6468
female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7452
female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8428
female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9412
female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10390
female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11547
female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12351
female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13334
female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14310
female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 15288
female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 16266

#newproduct #HotToys #WhatIf? #CaptainCarter #Disney+ #female #animatedseries #Marvel #MCU #comicbook

Diana

Diana
WOOOOOW! That episode was cool, and that looks great! Even if she's not as buff as she was in the episode, but that's okay.

What a gorgeous face! And I don't mind the sculpted hair, considering the source material. It's beautifully done.

brassco

brassco
I don't like figures that look like a toy...this HS is acceptable, but that body...pass.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m just bummed that HT finally gives us a Peggy Carter and it’s based on a cartoon. BOOO!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:I’m just bummed that HT finally gives us a Peggy Carter and it’s based on a cartoon. BOOO!

Not only from a cartoon, but from a single one-off half hour cartoon that is outside regular continuity. Not even a cartoon series, since each episode is unique unto itself. This is the kind of thing where I woud think, "well, maybe" even for a Marvel Legends type figure at mass retail level, but I really have to be skeptical whether people really have the sufficient emotional investment from just that half-hour viewing to ante up what is likely to be > $1500 for the three figures. Especially the cost of the HT Hydra Stomper plus Steve Rogers here getting a backdoor reveal. Still, the Agent Carter character has a distinct following, Steve Rogers is getting his first non-super figure, and the Hydra Stomper is basically another Iron Man variant, so they may all be viable.  I've read that Hasbro and Funko sales of the What If characters have been very solid despite initial hesitation based on the reasons set out above, so maybe the same will work even at HT price level.

Objectively I like and respect the sculpt but it won't be a purchase.  Other than the equivalent of displaying a statue, what can you do with it?  Can't pose it with any other HT figure, apart from the matching Steve Rogers, or maybe City Hunter or something.  And she's actually not cartooony enough to go with Gangster Kingdom.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Like Diana, I really like the head sculpt. Of course, the stylization of the character may not be everbody's cup of tea, but I prefer this over the 1000th alternative version of Ironman Rolling Eyes

couturiervite

couturiervite
It doesn't even feel stylized to me at all! I know nothing about Marvel, though, so the character is lost on me.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
In and of itself, for a slightly stylized sculpt, this is really nice. But, like Stryker, I really think they should have created a realistic sixth-scale representation of the character from the feature films, to go with their innumerable Caps. I'm glad a third party got that covered.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Here are a few quick in-hand shots of the figure. I have to say that I'm a little disappointed how it all turned out. The paintwork on the head feels too washed-out in my opinion (note the lack of a fine skin texture/make-up seen in prototype). The articulation is ok, but not great: The costume is too stiff to hold extreme poses, and boots are very limiting despite featuring a two-part design.

female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 52519857302_d2d5e156d1_kCJ3A6901 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 52520336226_49653e4aad_kCJ3A6925 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 52520610194_1a8ba2010d_kCJ3A6909 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 52520333821_4adda1a032_kCJ3A6910 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Diana

Diana
Aw, what a shame. The paint job really does feel very... simple. But at least it's precise and represents the clean lines of the cartoon/animation well. She still looks great and the physique works better than I anticipated.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The bigger shame, aside from the weak paint apps, is that THIS is the only way to get an HT Peggy Carter.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF...? CAPTAIN CARTER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the mini review, Ralf. It does sound disappointing. It still looks good, if one has enough appreciation of the stylized look, but I couldn't bring myself to go even after the parted out parts.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
I think Randam Hajile totally gets it right when he describes that it "feels too washed-out in my opinion," and he's quite right about the "lack of a fine skin texture/make-up seen in prototype."  For people who don't tolerate the stylized figures in the first place, both the prototype and the in-hand may seem deficient or unsatisfactory.  For me it's a different result though -- the prototype was very appealing in its stylized distinctiveness and crispness of execution.  But you just can't be half-a--ed about that kind of execution of design.  Once you dilute it, the whole point is gone, and you really are left with a one-up of a mediocre level Marvel Legends.

Ovy

Ovy
Would be cool to replace her head with a Queen ELizabeth 2nd sculpt. :p

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Randam Hajile wrote:The articulation is ok, but not great: The costume is too stiff to hold extreme poses,

Very nice pics, Randam.
I wonder if changing to a TBL body will improve articulation but looking at online reviews, it seems there's no safe and clean way to remove the costume.
(Calling AFM!)

Just saw Justin's Collection's review, he put the JXtoys Peggy head on this which looked perfect to me despite the sculpted hair.

csyeung

csyeung
Ah that sucks Randam. I was tempted to get a Peggy too.

Well made points MBAM. I agree, the execution on this needed to be perfect but looks like it fell short.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Like the Hot Toys Black Widow that recently came out, I think she looks fine.  It seems like I have something in common with recent Hot Toys sculpts.  We’re both getting soft.  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum