OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

R.I.P. Spacestation.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1R.I.P. Spacestation. Empty R.I.P. Spacestation. Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:31 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
I finally discarded the last of my ill-fated spacestation, may it Rest In Peace.
I know some of you are familiar with it , but I thought I would post a few of the old pictures, in case it happens to inspire!
R.I.P. Spacestation. 67005e10
R.I.P. Spacestation. 65aa5610

R.I.P. Spacestation. 65bbba10
R.I.P. Spacestation. 2c839010
R.I.P. Spacestation. 96a27d10
R.I.P. Spacestation. 7c7fc010

R.I.P. Spacestation. 2d479610
R.I.P. Spacestation. B2f9b510

2R.I.P. Spacestation. Empty Re: R.I.P. Spacestation. Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:57 am

Chip

I can only echo what I said in your other post .

" I like to see scratch made stuff out of what was potentially garbage . You have both great imagination and skill , I hope you keep us updated on progress " .

Except your dio looks like it`s gonna be huge !

3R.I.P. Spacestation. Empty Re: R.I.P. Spacestation. Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:58 am

Diana

Diana
Oh this looks great!! Makes for an awesome photo backdrop for sure, though I wouldn't want to have that beast standing around in my room. Too big. That's my only reason for not getting into dios at all. Otherwise I'd love the creative outlet.

Awesome that you did that! Thank you! Smile

4R.I.P. Spacestation. Empty Re: R.I.P. Spacestation. Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:05 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Chip wrote:I can only echo what I said in your other post .

"  I like to see scratch made stuff out of what was potentially garbage . You have both great imagination and skill , I hope you keep us updated on progress " .

Except your dio looks like it`s gonna be huge !

Diana wrote:Oh this looks great!! Makes for an awesome photo backdrop for sure, though I wouldn't want to have that beast standing around in my room. Too big. That's my only reason for not getting into dios at all. Otherwise I'd love the creative outlet.

Awesome that you did that! Thank you! Smile

Thank you both!
I am fortunate enough to have some space to spread out.
I love to recycle and scratch build anything that does not have to be an exact replica of something.
If I can clean it up enough to photograph, I will post some pictures of the space (pun intended ) I am hoping to display all my props and figures.

5R.I.P. Spacestation. Empty Re: R.I.P. Spacestation. Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:17 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
It's always sad when we abandon a project. I have to say, I thought it looked great!

6R.I.P. Spacestation. Empty Re: R.I.P. Spacestation. Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:23 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sweet sweet slumber. I remember thee well. RIP space station.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

R.I.P. Spacestation. C8485110

7R.I.P. Spacestation. Empty Re: R.I.P. Spacestation. Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:26 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I raise a glass in loving memory of the gone but not forgotten space station. It was hearbreaking that it collapsed. But I have no doubt, seeing your new stuff, that soon enough you will have more than made up for its loss.

8R.I.P. Spacestation. Empty Re: R.I.P. Spacestation. Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:03 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
I remember when Skylab was decommissioned and it reentered our atmosphere. Everyone was worried about where it would crash. There is a museum in Western Australia displaying some of the debris. Let us know when this one is due for reentry so we can collect some souvenirs Smile

9R.I.P. Spacestation. Empty Re: R.I.P. Spacestation. Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:12 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Awww! Sad
It looked so good! Still, to make progress, the old and defunct must be cast aside for newer things I suppose!

10R.I.P. Spacestation. Empty Re: R.I.P. Spacestation. Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:46 pm

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I think that looked great, but yeah... lack of storage space is definitely our enemy in this hobby.

I'm forever trying to work out how to make myself a collapsable (but durable) 1/6 dio on a limited budget and with, it has to be admitted, a limited practical skill set.

I made one hard-standing sort of all-purpose 1/6 horror movie cellar/dungeon dio about two years ago (it appeared -in part- in a shoot in the Nancy In Hell thread if you're following my career with a bucket and shovel  Smile ), but while it's fit enough for purpose and is actually fairly photogenic, it's also massive (floor, roof and three walls, twenty inches tall/ thirty-fiveish wide, fifteen deep), a little flimsy for its size (no wood or solid board, just cardboard and polystyrene), and very difficult to store.

Originally I really only intended it as a prototype to test my abilities but I soon got carried away with it. My ambition outstripped my practical abilities somewhat, but it wasn't a total disaster either. To be fair to myself, it has survived intact for this long and although I'd do some things differently now, if it could fold down without suffering any damage, it would actually be a pretty good effort. I certainly don't want to take it apart now just for the sake of experiment though, and I could well at least attempt bolstering the frame at some point.

I'd really like to attempt a 1/6 spaceship and/or clinical lab environment, but I just don't have the space (or Mrs Gee's goodwill) for it at the moment, even if I could successfully build a folding dio.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum