OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My latest...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My latest... Empty My latest... Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:18 pm

Anuska Karpinski

The shoulder of the left arm felt stiff when I was initially moving the limbs.  When It suddenly broke off I realized it wasn't moving in the socket.  It is of very poor quality.  I contacted the seller stating that I want to exchange it for another. I was informed mine was the last, they are out of stock.  

So I disassembled the figure, found the shoulder ball had flash all around it so it was locked in the socket. I cleaned off the flash, drilled a hole through the ball going in the torso and the ball at the upper end of the arm.  A short length of carbon fiber rod was epoxied into each ball, now the shoulder is functional.

There is black stain on the plastic of the upper arm and torso, very poor quality for the price.
The Head sculpt is great. The only accessories included were the choker and a pistol. The photo on eBay included more.

Enough grousing, with a little modification she came out OK.

I'm new, dang if I can figure how to post photo's.

2My latest... Empty Re: My latest... Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:27 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
…and therein lies my fundamental problem with 1/6. Seriously, what other consumer goods do you put time, effort, and money into fixing when they’re defective right out of the box? However, because we want the figures so badly, and we can’t just take them back to Wal-Mart and get another one, we put up with it.

3My latest... Empty Re: My latest... Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:01 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Sounds like you managed to overcome this hurdle, Anuska. See if the following threads help you with figuring out how to post photos easiest:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1767-how-to

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t169-recommended-image-posting-procedures

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any further questions.

4My latest... Empty Re: My latest... Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:09 pm

Anuska Karpinski

Xavion2004 wrote:…and therein lies my fundamental problem with 1/6.   Seriously, what other consumer goods do you put time, effort, and money into fixing when they’re defective right out of the box?   However, because we want the figures so badly, and we can’t just take them back to Wal-Mart and get another one, we put up with it.  

Yeah , it sucks.

5My latest... Empty Re: My latest... Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:19 pm

Anuska Karpinski

GubernatorFan wrote:Sounds like you managed to overcome this hurdle, Anuska. See if the following threads help you with figuring out how to post photos easiest:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1767-how-to

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t169-recommended-image-posting-procedures

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks for the tutorial links, I'll have to study up.

Anushka

6My latest... Empty Re: My latest... Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:07 am

csyeung

csyeung
Is this the 2017 Kumik version? I found a review and it looks like there should be a ton more accessories than a choker and gun. There have been several versions that I recall, a redman and asmustoys. Both have more accessories as well .

7My latest... Empty Re: My latest... Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:03 pm

Anuska Karpinski

csyeung wrote:Is this the 2017 Kumik version? I found a review and it looks like there should be a ton more accessories than a choker and gun. There have been several versions that I recall, a redman and asmustoys. Both have more accessories as well .

Yes, this is the one. Maybe it really was the last one the seller had and not his standard reply to a dissatisfied customer.  The 2 accessories were the only 2 listed on the accompanying list of parts. Thought the plant was included as well, but no cigarettes or cig packs.  The cig in my photo's were made of carbon fiber rod and painted.

I am inclined to never order from Kumik again...

The link here is to a Facebook group where the first pics were posted.  I am somewhat tech challenged, don't know if I'll ever get how to post here.

Anushka

https://www.facebook.com/groups/freedolls/posts/994236014454450/?comment_id=994717034406348¬if_id=1634148878191192¬if_t=group_comment&ref=notif

8My latest... Empty Re: My latest... Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:23 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Xavion2004 wrote:…and therein lies my fundamental problem with 1/6.   Seriously, what other consumer goods do you put time, effort, and money into fixing when they’re defective right out of the box?   However, because we want the figures so badly, and we can’t just take them back to Wal-Mart and get another one, we put up with it.  

This is a problem with purchasing boxed figures because there is not consistant quality between different brands. There's also an issue of quality control, and many 1/6 companies use cheap materials. Even Hot Toys... they may make quality and screen accurate outfits and do higher quality paintjobs on their headsculpts, but they still use fairly cheap, brittle base bodies. It's therefore understandable why many people turn to customising as a key part of the hobby, because that way you can control the quality of the materials to a greater degree than simply relying on factory-produced standards.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

9My latest... Empty Re: My latest... Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:40 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
skywalkersaga wrote:

This is a problem with purchasing boxed figures because there is not consistant quality between different brands. There's also an issue of quality control, and many 1/6 companies use cheap materials. Even Hot Toys... they may make quality and screen accurate outfits and do higher quality paintjobs on their headsculpts, but they still use fairly cheap, brittle base bodies. It's therefore understandable why many people turn to customising as a key part of the hobby, because that way you can control the quality of the materials to a greater degree than simply relying on factory-produced standards.

I think I’ve finally accepted that.   My experience with the Unholy Grail has taught me a lot about 1/6. You need to have a certain amount of control over the “final product” to avoid frequent disappointment and frustration.  Fortunately, there are many avenues available to accomplish that whether it’s through kitbashing, sewing your own outfits out of quality materials, 3D printing, etc.

10My latest... Empty Re: My latest... Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:22 pm

gooboo

Is Kumik even still around? I haven't seen any actual new products from them in almost two years. Gotta be careful buying boxed sets from these small companies that pop up every now and then. Most disappear in a few years, to be replaced by new ones.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum