OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: mmmtoys: 1/6 antique mansion door scene platform

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Product:mmmtoys
Name:1/6th Ancient grand mansion gate
No.:M2106
Weight:4700g
Material:Resin、Metal
Size:length width height:62×29×64cm
Perorder is available before:17.11.2021
Release date:The first quarter of 2022
Notice:The Figure is not included
List:
M2106A:housetop×1
M2106B:stone lion platform×1
M2106C:stone lion platform×1,grand mansion gate×1
M2106D:Ancient grand mansion gate combination×1

MMMToys - NEW PRODUCT: mmmtoys: 1/6 antique mansion door scene platform 01160810
MMMToys - NEW PRODUCT: mmmtoys: 1/6 antique mansion door scene platform 01160910
MMMToys - NEW PRODUCT: mmmtoys: 1/6 antique mansion door scene platform 01160911
MMMToys - NEW PRODUCT: mmmtoys: 1/6 antique mansion door scene platform 01161010
MMMToys - NEW PRODUCT: mmmtoys: 1/6 antique mansion door scene platform 01161012
MMMToys - NEW PRODUCT: mmmtoys: 1/6 antique mansion door scene platform 01161011
MMMToys - NEW PRODUCT: mmmtoys: 1/6 antique mansion door scene platform 01161111
MMMToys - NEW PRODUCT: mmmtoys: 1/6 antique mansion door scene platform 01161110
MMMToys - NEW PRODUCT: mmmtoys: 1/6 antique mansion door scene platform 01161112
MMMToys - NEW PRODUCT: mmmtoys: 1/6 antique mansion door scene platform 01161114
MMMToys - NEW PRODUCT: mmmtoys: 1/6 antique mansion door scene platform 01161210
MMMToys - NEW PRODUCT: mmmtoys: 1/6 antique mansion door scene platform 01161211
MMMToys - NEW PRODUCT: mmmtoys: 1/6 antique mansion door scene platform 01161212
MMMToys - NEW PRODUCT: mmmtoys: 1/6 antique mansion door scene platform 01161310
MMMToys - NEW PRODUCT: mmmtoys: 1/6 antique mansion door scene platform 01161311
MMMToys - NEW PRODUCT: mmmtoys: 1/6 antique mansion door scene platform 01161312
MMMToys - NEW PRODUCT: mmmtoys: 1/6 antique mansion door scene platform 01161410
MMMToys - NEW PRODUCT: mmmtoys: 1/6 antique mansion door scene platform 01161411

#newproduct #mmmtoys #antique #mansiondoor #diorama #accessory

shazzdan

shazzdan
Looks pretty but I don't see much point in a door that doesn't open.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Very nice diorama piece, just wondering why they showed it with 1/12 Batman & IronMan
and not showing the 1/6 samurai with the doors.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nicely done, but as has been pointed out, not very practical.

davidd

davidd
Why did they include an image of a cat indelicately grooming itself as one of the promotional photos?

JohnByng

shazzdan wrote:Looks pretty but I don't see much point in a door that doesn't open.

Totally agree. For what this is going to cost they should have given us that option.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
For what it's worth, potentially in their defence and depending on what material this is made of, it could be the case that opening-capable doors might be much more fragile, and also, unstable with that substantial roof. In practice if you could open the doors, you'd have to worry about making an inside diorama (though I suppose a printed backdrop would have sufficed).

I can imagine some interresting combos or storytelling sequences with this and Sideshow's epic Arashikage Temple Gate (made for their GI Joe line).

shazzdan

shazzdan
Oh I understand why they didn't incorporate opening doors. The problem is that it limits its versatility too much so there is no point buying it.

ZombieKev

rollotomasi wrote:Very nice diorama piece, just wondering why they showed it with 1/12 Batman & IronMan
and not showing the 1/6 samurai with the doors.

Good catch! This door is probably quite undersized for a 1/6 figure.

JohnByng

Are they definitely 1/12? If so it seems like false advertising to me.

Oh well, at least it saves me a lot of money! Smile

shazzdan

shazzdan
Total height is 64cm so the doors are around 40cm high, which is fine for 1:6 scale. It definitely isn't 1:12 scale; the door knobs would be over head-high.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
shazzdan wrote:Total height is 64cm so the doors are around 40cm high, which is fine for 1:6 scale. It definitely isn't 1:12 scale; the door knobs would be over head-high.

Good point, well observed -- but I think they are hoping it would sell across both scales and they made awkward compromises either way.   Those knobs are decorative only, because the roof trestle prevents the door opening outwards (so you push in from this side, and presumably if 1/12 there would be lower pull knobs placed on the other side).  At 1/12 it's a very imposing mansion door, but at 1/6 it "becomes" pretty underwhelming.  It is odd they avoided a photo of the 1/6 Samurai directly with the door, and the photo they took of him on just the steps is oddly (low) angled.  With a 1/6 figure the steps are pretty short while the dragons and fish statuary, not outright out of scale but definitely on the small side.  The door size becomes pretty undramatic.

Since the door doesn't open anyway, they might have been better off making a big slice of wall/roof, equally suitable as a pure display backdrop, and avoiding most of these problems, People might even have bought doubles and triples for a big display.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum