OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Empty Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:00 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Hasbro released a 3.75" version in 2006 but there is going to be a bigger one. Hasbro announced that there will be a six inch version next year.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/star-wars-george-lucas-stormtrooper-1235021938/

Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Hasbro-star-wars-the-black-series-george-lucas-package-219762

Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Hasbro-star-wars-the-black-series-george-lucas-oop-weapon-297621

2Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Empty Re: Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:41 am

Diana

Diana
That's funny! I like it. Smile

3Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Empty Re: Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:47 am

valentin

valentin
LOL, the maker himself, now in the popular 6" version.

4Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Empty Re: Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:08 am

davidd

davidd
Cool!

Does anyone know if there is a 1/6 scale George Lucas head sculpt available anywhere?

5Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Empty Re: Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:21 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It looks great. Hope to see it out soon. Of course, I'm all the more excited that it can also contribute to my growing stormtrooper ranks. Smile Just got a couple of the 3.75-inch Luke in stormtrooper disguise figures, and for the first time a removable stormtrooper helmet in that scale looks really good.

6Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Empty Re: Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:49 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
GubernatorFan wrote:It looks great. Hope to see it out soon. Of course, I'm all the more excited that it can also contribute to my growing stormtrooper ranks. Smile Just got a couple of the 3.75-inch Luke in stormtrooper disguise figures, and for the first time a removable stormtrooper helmet in that scale looks really good.

Hasbro: “Wow, these are selling by the case! We need to make more George Lucas figures!”

Meanwhile, there will be lots of ten 1/12 George Lucas heads sitting on eBay for $2.95 with free shipping.

Then there will be the eBay seller that puts the Lucas head on a First Order Stormtrooper and lists it for $49.95 calling it a “Custom George Lucas in First Order Stormtrooper Uniform”. Laughing

It really is a nice sculpt. The paint apps on the hair look fantastic. Hasbro is so hit or miss, even with digital printing technology, but they did very well with this one.

7Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Empty Re: Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:46 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
The maker himself is finally here!
Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Cnr_4311 Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Cnr_4312 Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Cnr_4310

Directing his characters:
Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Cnr_4314 Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Cnr_4313

Rehearsing the "for luck" scene:
Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Cnr_4315

That's also my first new style stormtrooper figure (single-jointed elbows, butterfly joints etc). Not bad but I still like Bandai model kits more.

Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Cnr_4316

8Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Empty Re: Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:49 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for sharing, Visisonor, very nice figure, as I expected.

9Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Empty Re: Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:28 am

Diana

Diana
Looking good! Due to the lack of fabric they work so incredibly well in this scale!

10Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Empty Re: Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:55 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty cool. (Never could understand why they gave the Troopers moobs. Wink

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper C8485110

11Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Empty Re: Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:06 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Pretty cool. (Never could understand why they gave the Troopers moobs. Wink

I am sure there is a retcon explanation of what there is underneath. It would make sense as more padding generally conforming to body shape. A degree of emulating a body shape (especially an idealized and/or stylized one) is a common feature of ancient armor, with reflections in later art, all the way to Batman with nipples. Which, while functionally pointless (unless there is a fem bot function a la Austin Powers that we have yet to see), is hardly as horrific as some people make it sound.

12Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Empty Re: Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:30 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
You know, this wearable helmet is an interesting accessory in its own right. Just as fun as the figure itself (if not more).
It is quite large to fit some 1/12 heads. Not all - Mezco and VeryCool heads are too large (though it can be faked if you remove the head underneath and fix the helmet on the ball joint somehow). But it works rather well with DamToys Testman figures, Synthetic Humans:
Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Cnr_4317 Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Cnr_4318

Even female version with her hairpiece on:
Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Cnr_4319
"...You are holding it backwards"
Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Cnr_4320
"There, much better".

"O hi, I have a helmet too"
Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Cnr_4321

And TBLeague:
Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Cnr_4322 Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Cnr_4323 Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Cnr_4324

NSFW cosplay:
Now I want more helmets like this. Oh well.

13Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Empty Re: Six Inch George Lucas Stormtrooper Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:45 pm

csyeung

csyeung
davidd wrote:Cool!

Does anyone know if there is a 1/6 scale George Lucas head sculpt available anywhere?

I believe one of Hot Toys' first figures was a George Lucas figure (unlicensed).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum