OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: CMTOYS: 1/6 Die Casting Alloy - Sun Rider NO. CM005

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
CMTOYS NO.CM005 1/6 DIE-CAST ALLOY - SOLAR KNIGHT

The 1/6 Scale Solar Knight Action Figure Specially Features:
- One (1) head sculpt
- One (1) super active body
- Six (Cool piecies of interchangeable palms

Costumes:
- One (1) black coat
- One (1) pair of black pants
- One (1) leather belt

Armors:
-- One (1) alloy helmet with feather
- One (1) alloy upper body chain armor
- One (1) upper body leather armor
- One (1) white scarf
- One (1) white sun robe with green fur collar
- One (1) pair of alloy vambraces
- One (1) alloy lower body chain armor
- One (1) pair of alloy cuisses
- One (1) pair of alloy shoes

Weapons:
- One (1) alloy sword
- One (1) scabbard
- One (1) alloy sun shield

Accessory:
- One (1) blue reagent bottle
- One (1) yellow reagent bottle
- One (1) red-brick figure stand

CMToys - NEW PRODUCT: CMTOYS: 1/6 Die Casting Alloy - Sun Rider NO. CM005 16332311
CMToys - NEW PRODUCT: CMTOYS: 1/6 Die Casting Alloy - Sun Rider NO. CM005 16332510
CMToys - NEW PRODUCT: CMTOYS: 1/6 Die Casting Alloy - Sun Rider NO. CM005 16332610
CMToys - NEW PRODUCT: CMTOYS: 1/6 Die Casting Alloy - Sun Rider NO. CM005 16332711
CMToys - NEW PRODUCT: CMTOYS: 1/6 Die Casting Alloy - Sun Rider NO. CM005 16332912
CMToys - NEW PRODUCT: CMTOYS: 1/6 Die Casting Alloy - Sun Rider NO. CM005 16333012
CMToys - NEW PRODUCT: CMTOYS: 1/6 Die Casting Alloy - Sun Rider NO. CM005 16333210
CMToys - NEW PRODUCT: CMTOYS: 1/6 Die Casting Alloy - Sun Rider NO. CM005 16333410
CMToys - NEW PRODUCT: CMTOYS: 1/6 Die Casting Alloy - Sun Rider NO. CM005 16333610
CMToys - NEW PRODUCT: CMTOYS: 1/6 Die Casting Alloy - Sun Rider NO. CM005 16333711
CMToys - NEW PRODUCT: CMTOYS: 1/6 Die Casting Alloy - Sun Rider NO. CM005 16333810
CMToys - NEW PRODUCT: CMTOYS: 1/6 Die Casting Alloy - Sun Rider NO. CM005 16334010
CMToys - NEW PRODUCT: CMTOYS: 1/6 Die Casting Alloy - Sun Rider NO. CM005 16334211
CMToys - NEW PRODUCT: CMTOYS: 1/6 Die Casting Alloy - Sun Rider NO. CM005 16334310
CMToys - NEW PRODUCT: CMTOYS: 1/6 Die Casting Alloy - Sun Rider NO. CM005 16334510

#newproduct #CMToys #SunRider #Knight #male #historical?

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
While i passed on the onion knight, "sun-bro" solaire might be the little extra i could revive my dark souls diorama with.that classic pose alone would be worth it 😉 praise the sun. Gonna wait and see though at what price my go to online store will list him and maybe praise my wallet then 😀

As far as the ingame model goes i'd say they did a pretty good job on this figure.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I have no idea what this is based on. Most of it doesn't appeal to me, even as a fantasy figure, but I do rather like the head sculpt and the bottles; some of the other pieces might come handy for kitbashing.

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
This is based on Dark Souls, its one of the armor sets you can find and yes, its from knights that praise the sun. It has become a meme in gamer circles. https://www.pcgamer.com/why-we-praise-the-sun-the-story-of-dark-souls-most-famous-gesture/

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the info, ZeroDelta. Kinda like the knights who say "Ni"? Wink Well, then, that explains it, and it is bound to have a resonance, mostly for those in the know.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Why does the helmet look like someone crumpled tinfoil into a ball, than tried to lay it out flat and fashion a helmet out of it?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

CMToys - NEW PRODUCT: CMTOYS: 1/6 Die Casting Alloy - Sun Rider NO. CM005 C8485110

Diana

Diana
Stryker2011 wrote:Why does the helmet look like someone crumpled tinfoil into a ball, than tried to lay it out flat and fashion a helmet out of it?
LOL! Excellent description. Laughing

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks for the info, ZeroDelta. Kinda like the knights who say "Ni"? Wink Well, then, that explains it, and it is bound to have a resonance, mostly for those in the know.

Stryker2011 wrote:Why does the helmet look like someone crumpled tinfoil into a ball, than tried to lay it out flat and fashion a helmet out of it?

Never played Dark Souls but I really liked the weird and bleak horror aesthetic and art style. Basically this guy is some kind of comic relief looking at the bright side of life. The whole game and bleak hopeless horror world could be somewhat interpreted as a heavy depressive episode, with this sun guy being a ray of happiness and hope or something.

shazzdan

shazzdan
That is the worst knight I've seen in a long time. There is nothing that could even be used for a kitbash except maybe the sword. Even the stand is lame.

blackpool

blackpool
With all respect to the dark souls and its fanbase, that figure looks ugly, for all the reasons stated above... I had to double read I thought it was 1/12th scale from the horrible grain on the helmet and armor...

Have a nice weekend everyone!

JohnByng

I am glad that for once I am not the only one who dislikes a figure! The dumb face on the sun emblem is like something out of a book for five-year olds! Without the face and with the centre painted in a molten yellow/orange/red gradation it might have been OK.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, I think it's safe to say it will not be winning either aesthetic or accuracy contests. But if it is a faithful replication of the source character from the source game (which I am not familiar with), then the company would have achieved its goal of rendering that character and that appearance. As for the sun emblem, it does bear some resemblance to designs from the Renaissance and Baroque periods (which would seem to be later than this knight's admittedly fictional time), although it would have been a little bit more ornate. But, yes, unless one is into the game and looking for a sixth-scale 3D articulated version of this character, I doubt that this would get much love.

PS - Ovy, good one (bright side of life).

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
i guess it comes down to whether you played and enjoyed the game to a certain point or not with such figures. much like the "onion knight" its a dark souls reference and solaire became a meme after time himself. just checked a few screenshots, its been a while that i completed the first game and the helmet while accurate in shape does seem more smooth and polished ingame.
but i guess everyone into the game and buying the figure is after the iconic praise the sun pose rather than perfect similarity Wink

ZombieKev

Totally thought this was a Monty Python figure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum