OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Sexy Hooded Leather Trench Coat (J021X-24) (3 color options)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
JIAOUDOLL J021X-24 Sexy hooded leather trench coat

Clothes + Panties + Leather Whip
(without figure and other accessories)

Clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Sexy Hooded Leather Trench Coat (J021X-24) (3 color options) 18102010
Clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Sexy Hooded Leather Trench Coat (J021X-24) (3 color options) 18102011
Clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Sexy Hooded Leather Trench Coat (J021X-24) (3 color options) 18102012
Clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Sexy Hooded Leather Trench Coat (J021X-24) (3 color options) 18102013
Clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Sexy Hooded Leather Trench Coat (J021X-24) (3 color options) 18102014
Clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Sexy Hooded Leather Trench Coat (J021X-24) (3 color options) 18102015
Clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Sexy Hooded Leather Trench Coat (J021X-24) (3 color options) 18102016
Clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Sexy Hooded Leather Trench Coat (J021X-24) (3 color options) 18102017
Clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Sexy Hooded Leather Trench Coat (J021X-24) (3 color options) 18102018
Clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Sexy Hooded Leather Trench Coat (J021X-24) (3 color options) 18102019

#newproduct #JiaouDoll #HoodedTrenchCoat #female #clothing #accessory

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Speaking of Jiaou clothes. Certainly not practical, but likely to be good quality and fit.

Diana

Diana
Interesting. Ignoring the obviously suggested use:
The red one could be used for a modern Little Red Riding Hood.
I like the white one the most. Could do a lot with that.
The black could be used for a new Matrix character. Smile

peanutsinspace

peanutsinspace
Interesting, they seem to have taken inspiration from the ZYToys version, unless Jiaou Doll is or owns ZYToys and I just didn't know.

Clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Sexy Hooded Leather Trench Coat (J021X-24) (3 color options) S-l1600

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I wanted to buy that ZYtoys before but saw a review that it stained the buyer's TBL body.
I don't have any idea if the white vinegar treatment would work on the glossy leatherette material.

Good thing this Jiaou version comes with matching fabric boots.

Diana

Diana
Stryker2011 wrote:JIAOUDOLL J021X-24 Sexy hooded leather trench coat

rollotomasi wrote:Good thing this Jiaou version comes with matching fabric boots.
I'm not so sure about that. I'd categorize the boots as "other accessories" and not as "clothes", meaning they are not included.
Those boots are available on Ebay and have been for a while.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Diana wrote:The red one could be used for a modern Little Red Riding Hood.

Wow…it’s like you read my mind. I’m currently gathering together everything I need for my new pet project which is re-imagining the Xenoscope heroines (since I don’t trust the official Phicen versions for obvious reasons). I’m working on Robyn Hood and Van Helsing at the moment, and next up is going to be Brittany Waters…aka Little Red Riding Hood. I’ve been thinking about how I could incorporate the red version of this coat ever since I first saw the thread last night.

It’s really cool that you said that, because it makes me feel like I might be on the right track.

As for the ZY Toys version…I picked it up thinking I might use it for Van Helsing (I’m not), and yes, it will stain like crazy. I noticed it before I even got it all the way on the body. Fortunately, it’s a “practice body” that I use to try on clothes for that very reason, and because I saw it right away, I was able to get the stains out before they had a chance to set.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
BTW, does anyone know what head sculpt is modeling the red version? It’s very pretty. I think she needs an outfit that’s a little less provocative though.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
This is what I get for cheerleading for Jiaou's 'practical non-staining clothing' in that other thread.  Smile

I dunno about these, they do look like a pretty blatant rip-off of the ZY outfit. Interestingly, the boots used in the shoot are also ZY boots. Even if the style of the outfit was my cup of tea, these don't look very TPE-friendly at all, though.

Xavion2004 wrote:BTW, does anyone know what head sculpt is modeling the red version?  It’s very pretty.  I think she needs an outfit that’s a little less provocative though.

It kind of looks like a Viking Woman sculpt, but with a different hair job.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Diana wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:JIAOUDOLL J021X-24 Sexy hooded leather trench coat

rollotomasi wrote:Good thing this Jiaou version comes with matching fabric boots.
I'm not so sure about that. I'd categorize the boots as "other accessories" and not as "clothes", meaning they are not included.
Those boots are available on Ebay and have been for a while.

Thanks, totally missed that, bummer!
So the glossy boots are ZYtoys also, description says its hollow.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Xavion2004 wrote:
As for the ZY Toys version…I picked it up thinking I might use it for Van Helsing (I’m not), and yes, it will stain like crazy.  I noticed it before I even got it all the way on the body.  Fortunately, it’s a “practice body” that I use to try on clothes for that very reason, and because I saw it right away, I was able to get the stains out before they had a chance to set.

I assume your practice body is a TBL.
So what parts of the body were stained while putting on the ZYtoys? The forearms? Thighs?
Can we avoid the stains by wrapping the extremities first with Saran wrap?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:I assume your practice body is a TBL.
So what parts of the body were stained while putting on the ZYtoys? The forearms? Thighs?

One would think so, but stains have a way of making it around the saran wrap, in my experience.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Yes, with prolonged contact, the dye will pass through the plastic.
All the QMX Picard figures, the black collar stained the neck despite the protective PE plastic wrapped around the neck.

But my question is regarding the Saran wrap as temporary protection while putting on the outfit.
Based on Xavion's experience, its like the black outfit smeared the body instead of staining it.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
rollotomasi wrote:
Xavion2004 wrote:
As for the ZY Toys version…I picked it up thinking I might use it for Van Helsing (I’m not), and yes, it will stain like crazy.  I noticed it before I even got it all the way on the body.  Fortunately, it’s a “practice body” that I use to try on clothes for that very reason, and because I saw it right away, I was able to get the stains out before they had a chance to set.

I assume your practice body is a TBL.

Yes, it was a suntan TBL.  One of the older versions, though.  Produced circa 2015/2016.   The discoloration was on the shoulders and along the top of the back.   I loosened front corset and was putting it on from the top down.  I knew immediately that it wasn’t the look I was going for before I even had it completely in place, so I took it right off.

If you’re not lazy like I was, unstring the front corset, and put it on like a coat, you’ll have less friction on the shoulders and upper back than I did, so that will help.  However, I’ve had to put some really tight shirts on from the top down that didn’t have a zipper, string, Velcro, etc. and never had a problem with discoloration before this.  I think it’s kind of the same principle.  If the dye is going to transfer from the clothing to the body with a little friction, it’s probably going to transfer once on the body as well, especially if it’s made to be this form fitting.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
rollotomasi wrote:Yes, with prolonged contact, the dye will pass through the plastic.
All the QMX Picard figures, the black collar stained the neck despite the protective PE plastic wrapped around the neck.

But my question is regarding the Saran wrap as temporary protection while putting on the outfit.
Based on Xavion's experience, its like the black outfit smeared the body instead of staining it.

The long answer is above, but yes, I do believe you’re correct that it was  the friction of pulling it on that smeared the body, and both using Saran Wrap and putting it on like a coat would solve that problem at least.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I suppose it might work as a temporary protection (which also means you are fine with the stain that will result after the outfit is already in place). But perhaps we should get back to the Jiaou product -- I expected their red leather-like bodysuit to stain, yet it did not -- hence, in part, my comment about them being good quality. This talk about staining was in relation to a different company's product.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Interesting that this coat design is showing up again now. I remember that the ZYToys version was loosely based on the outfit of Sweet Pea in Snyder's "Sucker Punch". Pop Toys had also a figure based on her back in the day. Sometimes these extravagant designs develop a life of their own...

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I'm okay with the outfit staining the body as long as the stains are covered by the outfit
and hopefully they don't bleed out to the exposed skin.

My concern was more on, if the exposed forearms will be smeared/stained while inserting them through the tight sleeves, so that's one bullet dodged with the cling wrap.

Glad to hear the red didn't cause any stains. I'm more likely to purchase this Jiaou black version instead of ZYtoys' so thanks for the info, Gub.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You are welcome, hope it works out, Rollo, and that it also doesn't stain, although you say you are fine with it (and that outfit could stain without ever being detected, I suppose).

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum