OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: MMMTOYS: M2110 1/6 Scale Vespa in 5 styles

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
MMMTOYS M2110 1/6 Scale Vespa in 5 styles

There are 5 color styles, the listing price for one (1) Vespa only

Please remark in your order the color you need: A-Red / B-Blue / C-White / D-Green / E-Aqua

Weight:2300g

Material:Metal、Resin <-- Resin probably means fragile, please take note

Size:length width height:34×12×18cm

Notice:The head and wheels can move

NEW PRODUCT: MMMTOYS: M2110 1/6 Scale Vespa in 5 styles 0113
NEW PRODUCT: MMMTOYS: M2110 1/6 Scale Vespa in 5 styles O1cn0291
NEW PRODUCT: MMMTOYS: M2110 1/6 Scale Vespa in 5 styles O1cn0292

NEW PRODUCT: MMMTOYS: M2110 1/6 Scale Vespa in 5 styles O1cn0293
NEW PRODUCT: MMMTOYS: M2110 1/6 Scale Vespa in 5 styles O1cn0294
NEW PRODUCT: MMMTOYS: M2110 1/6 Scale Vespa in 5 styles O1cn0295
NEW PRODUCT: MMMTOYS: M2110 1/6 Scale Vespa in 5 styles O1cn0297
NEW PRODUCT: MMMTOYS: M2110 1/6 Scale Vespa in 5 styles O1cn0296
NEW PRODUCT: MMMTOYS: M2110 1/6 Scale Vespa in 5 styles O1cn0298
NEW PRODUCT: MMMTOYS: M2110 1/6 Scale Vespa in 5 styles O1cn0299
NEW PRODUCT: MMMTOYS: M2110 1/6 Scale Vespa in 5 styles O1cn0300
NEW PRODUCT: MMMTOYS: M2110 1/6 Scale Vespa in 5 styles O1cn0301
NEW PRODUCT: MMMTOYS: M2110 1/6 Scale Vespa in 5 styles O1cn0302

#newproduct #MMMToys #Vespa #scooter #accessory

valentin

valentin
These looks really cool. Has that nostalgic sense.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Always need more 1:6 vehicles. These looks pretty good.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Not actually a new addition to the range of 1/6 vehicles, insofar as the Vespa has existed in the New Ray version, which was pretty good, also available in multiple colors, and probably less fragile than these.  But those have gotten fairly hard to find.  Funny story:  the only time I actually saw one on a store shelf and went to buy it, the price was astronomical.  This was a small store in downtown Rome, and I realized it was marked up about 10x, to sell as a Souvenir (re Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday).  So these new ones are most welcome.  I've seen people often making do with the tinplate versions or the common Barbie ones (both of which are awkward and underscale) so I think the demand is there.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Most vehicles marketed as 1/6 are often too small but these are too big. A full-sized Vesper is apparently 1770mm long so they should be 295mm long in 1/6 scale. According to the above listing, these are 340mm, so they are closer to 1/5 scale than 1/6. I think I'd prefer a little oversized than undersized but I don't understand why it is so difficult to look up simple dimensions before making these things.

Edit: Just checked the height and it is too short. A full-sized Vesper is 1140 mm high so at 1/6 scale it should be 190mm. These are 180mm high, which is smaller than 1/6 scale. So they are completely out of proportion.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
shazzdan wrote:Most vehicles marketed as 1/6 are often too small but these are too big. A full-sized Vesper is apparently 1770mm long so they should be 295mm long in 1/6 scale. According to the above listing, these are 340mm, so they are closer to 1/5 scale than 1/6. I think I'd prefer a little oversized than undersized but I don't understand why it is so difficult to look up simple dimensions before making these things.

Edit: Just checked the height and it is too short. A full-sized Vesper is 1140 mm high so at 1/6 scale it should be 190mm. These are 180mm high, which is smaller than 1/6 scale. So they are completely out of proportion.

They've been making Vespas for 70+ years of models, and specifically differentiating a Large as well as a Small frame version for 50 years.  So I'm not sure where your measurements fall within that range of possibilities, but this one seems pretty close to the proportions of the current 1/6:

NEW PRODUCT: MMMTOYS: M2110 1/6 Scale Vespa in 5 styles Editor10

shazzdan

shazzdan
So 1840mm x 1100mm full-size is 307mm x 184mm at 1/6 scale. The above is 340mm x 180mm so, it is still out of proportion but a lot closer. Thanks for finding this.

Here are all the models. I'm not sure which one they are trying to reproduce.

https://www.news18.com/news/auto/70-years-of-vespa-all-the-vespas-produced-ever-1233703.html

The front wheel looks like one of the 1950s models but the back wheel looks like a 1960s model. I think the closest is the 1968 Vespa 180 Rally.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
shazzdan wrote:So 1840mm x 1100mm full-size is 307mm x 184mm at 1/6 scale. The above is 340mm x 180mm so, it is still out of proportion but a lot closer. Thanks for finding this. Here are all the models. I'm not sure which one they are trying to reproduce.

https://www.news18.com/news/auto/70-years-of-vespa-all-the-vespas-produced-ever-1233703.html

Yeah, there's something inconsistent about those specs that Google turned up for me: on the chart it says 1840mm x 1100mm, as you refer to. But on the actual diagram it's 1900mm x 1030mm. So if we go by that, a 1/6 version should be 317mm x 172mm, and them making this one at 340mm x 180mm is more scale-precise than we usually get. Depending on what Vespa model they are going for, they may still have a straight-up scale problem, as you originally pointed out, but almost certainly they do not have a "warped proportions" problem (ie not distorted over-length but under-height).

shazzdan

shazzdan
It is definitely one of the Rallys. Not sure which one. 1977 could be a contender.

NEW PRODUCT: MMMTOYS: M2110 1/6 Scale Vespa in 5 styles PHOTO-2019-06-20-10-02-20

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They look nice. But my Vespa needs are already met. Actually it is one of the bigger pieces I've put away and now can't find. Sad

shazzdan

shazzdan
GubernatorFan wrote:They look nice. But my Vespa needs are already met. Actually it is one of the bigger pieces I've put away and now can't find. Sad

You need to build some 1:6 scale garages, one for each vehicle.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:You need to build some 1:6 scale garages, one for each vehicle.

It is difficult to fault your logic.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
shazzdan wrote:It is definitely one of the Rallys. Not sure which one. 1977 could be a contender.

NEW PRODUCT: MMMTOYS: M2110 1/6 Scale Vespa in 5 styles PHOTO-2019-06-20-10-02-20

I think you're right, and that's a better narrowing to one model than I was able to come up with. It's always possible however that there is no specific model, and they're going for a kind of "essence of Vespa," borrowing retro details from various. Vespa itself did that in later years, which is what makes it so confusing to identify. To MMMToys's credit, at least they didn't just clone last year's Blitzway 1/4 statue of a 1951 Vespa, as one might have expected.

brassco

brassco
the one Audrey Hepburn riding is light blue, correct?

agentghost

agentghost
brassco wrote:the one Audrey Hepburn riding is light blue, correct?

yes.. get one for the Roman Holiday scene

shazzdan

shazzdan
Vespa 180 Rally dimensions: 1770 mm x 1045 mm. 1:6 scale is 295 mm x 174 mm
Vespa 200 Rally dimensions: 1770 mm x 1070 mm. 1:6 scale is 295 mm x 178 mm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I want one of these to go for my Audrey, but it still doesn’t completely satisfy my need without Gregory to go with her.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: MMMTOYS: M2110 1/6 Scale Vespa in 5 styles C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Is there a price on these?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Kit has them for $172 USD with shipping.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: MMMTOYS: M2110 1/6 Scale Vespa in 5 styles C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Kit has them for $172 USD with shipping.

Thanks!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum