OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

gashapon?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1gashapon? Empty gashapon? Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:11 pm

teamweapon

has anyone had any luck with getting gashapon's to look sort of to 1/6 scale?
i was looking at a seller on aliexpress that has TONS of them.
i was looking for some muscle bird figures [which i couldnt find Sad ]
but there are a couple of things that look ok, like the cats.
i have a feeling they will be drastically undersized though ?
this is the guy
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/GASHAPON/5792241_517282105/7.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148361.7.155d3e4fa7VnJR&origin=n&SortType=bestmatch_sort&g=y

2gashapon? Empty Re: gashapon? Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:34 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
No idea. This is the first I hear of these, but thank you for bringing them up. Kinda cool, although some of the poses are a bit curious. Do they have an obsession with sleeping animals? Anyway, looking at one of the sets, while the rhino and tiger were bigger than the others (like a shiba inu), they were not substantially bigger, which makes me think that they are playing fast and loose with scale, even among products within the same set. Which doesn't answer your question. Some of the listings provide indications of size. Like this one I found amusing, but it is tiny --
gashapon? Hc2227c1c51ae4ef4a0503d848797e042z

3gashapon? Empty Re: gashapon? Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:25 pm

teamweapon

GubernatorFan wrote:No idea. This is the first I hear of these, but thank you for bringing them up. Kinda cool, although some of the poses are a bit curious. Do they have an obsession with sleeping animals? Anyway, looking at one of the sets, while the rhino and tiger were bigger than the others (like a shiba inu), they were not substantially bigger, which makes me think that they are playing fast and loose with scale, even among products within the same set. Which doesn't answer your question. Some of the listings provide indications of size. Like this one I found amusing, but it is tiny --
gashapon? Hc2227c1c51ae4ef4a0503d848797e042z
hahaha those are GREAT!

Yeah the gashapon are vending machine prizes and have been going for a very very long time there must be millions of different sets. as for scale they are all over the place and also manufactered by different companies so i guess there are no rules haha.
i might just order a couple of bits anyway as they are cheap and look like fun Smile
but i dont think they will be 1/6 at all.
oh yeah i remember a few years back they did a set of 1/6 for 1/6 gi joes they looked cool but i have never seen any for sale.
i do know some older sets command crazy prices though!!

4gashapon? Empty Re: gashapon? Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:03 am

Diana

Diana
I have some old Sailor Moon Gashapon figures. They are about the size of a big upright fist. I don't know whether that is a rule of thumb for Gashapon figures in general though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum