OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Features

Neutral Head (Rooted Hair) x1
Evil Eyes Head (Rooted Hair) x1
Body with 30 points of articulations x1
Interchangeable hand x6

light brown-colored shirt
Brown under tunic x1
Dark brown colored tunic x1
Dark brown-colored leather-like belt x1
Brown colored Jedi robe x1
Brown colored pants x1
dark brown-colored leather-like textured boots x1

Lightsaber hilt x1
Curved hilt lightsaber x1
Blue-colored lightsaber blades x1
Red-colored lightsaber blades x1

Alpha - NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One 16393410
Alpha - NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One 16393710
Alpha - NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One 16394010
Alpha - NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One 16394310
Alpha - NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One 16394610
Alpha - NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One 16394910
Alpha - NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One 16395110
Alpha - NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One 16395310
Alpha - NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One 16395410
Alpha - NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One 16395510
Alpha - NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One 16395710
Alpha - NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One 16400110
Alpha - NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One 16400411
Alpha - NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One 16400810
Alpha - NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One 16401011
Alpha - NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One 16401311
Alpha - NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One 16401411

#newproduct #Alpha #TheChosenOne #male #movie-based #Sci-Fi

Valiarde

Valiarde
Might be a good base to work on. I don't know how much cheaper it will be than HT versions

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I have seen either this or a similar KO headsculpt available on ebay, but had no idea someone was doing an actual figure to go with it. Surprised they can get away with it....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool, actually. Not what I expected but, I get the reference now.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, the promo pics look good at least. This is the kind of knock-off I could have really done with about three years ago, when I was collecting parts for all my Anakin customs. Ah well, I guess better late than never. I am somewhat tempted, especially as the price on GianToy is actually better than I'd expected.

If I had a request for this company, it would be to pretty please make a similar KO of the ROTJ Luke.... I had wanted to put together a second version of him, and managed to collect almost all the necessary HT parts, but never managed to find the boots. I never completed that kitbash because no matter what, I couldn't find any generic boots that captured the on-screen look well enough.

Ovy

Ovy
This from New Dune Moviefilm?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ovy wrote:This from New Dune Moviefilm?

Razz Razz Razz

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Sky, wouldn't some of those DID German jackboots work for ROTJ Luke (to be honest, I have not just looked it up, but they are used in Star Wars).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:Sky, wouldn't some of those DID German jackboots work for ROTJ Luke (to be honest, I have not just looked it up, but they are used in Star Wars).

I looked at those, and they would only work if one is not 100% screen accuracy-obsessed, lol. The DID jackboots have much more rounded toes, are shorter, and are not as fitted. They also usually have visible stiching on certain areas, whereas the movie boots are more streamlined. It's hard to explain, but it's enough of a difference that it bothers me. :3

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I looked at those, and they would only work if one is not 100% screen accuracy-obsessed, lol. The DID jackboots have much more rounded toes, are shorter, and are not as fitted. They also usually have visible stiching on certain areas, whereas the movie boots are more streamlined. It's hard to explain, but it's enough of a difference that it bothers me. :3

Ok, fair enough. I don't know if it is a question of variations between boot models or DID's execution of them. I know they have two lengths of jackboots, one taller, one shorter. The shorter ones are rarer, probably older, and usually don't hold up well any more. The rectangular (square?) stitch on the side is indeed not readily noticeable (and maybe not present at all) in Star Wars. I'm usually fairly concerned with getting details right, but they make do for me. I prefer them to the molded Sideshow boots and the various HT ones, in terms of functionality.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The jackboots do look good and they absolutely 'pass' for vintage SW costume when you use them on your SW kitbashes. It's just that I had wanted to make a second RotJ Luke with the alternative HT sculpt, and to have them displayed side-by-side, so it's more that I just wanted the two figures to look as similar as possible.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:The jackboots do look good and they absolutely 'pass' for vintage SW costume when you use them on your SW kitbashes. It's just that I had wanted to make a second RotJ Luke with the alternative HT sculpt, and to have them displayed side-by-side, so it's more that I just wanted the two figures to look as similar as possible.

Oh yes, consistency would be all the more critical then.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:The jackboots do look good and they absolutely 'pass' for vintage SW costume when you use them on your SW kitbashes. It's just that I had wanted to make a second RotJ Luke with the alternative HT sculpt, and to have them displayed side-by-side, so it's more that I just wanted the two figures to look as similar as possible.

Oh yes, consistency would be all the more critical then.

Yeah.... my current 'solution' is to rotate which figure is on display, and share the one pair of boots between them, lol. But it would be nice to someday have them both together. :')

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Does anyone know if this was ever released? And if so, did anyone else pick it up? I am in need of a few spare parts and just wondering if this one's turned up yet.

I've seen some of the heads floating around but there was also a third party company that just put the heads out. But I'm wondering more about the actual figure and outfit...

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:Does anyone know if this was ever released? And if so, did anyone else pick it up? I am in need of a few spare parts and just wondering if this one's turned up yet.

I've seen some of the heads floating around but there was also a third party company that just put the heads out. But I'm wondering more about the actual figure and outfit...

It is not released yet I also have it on order for kitbashing. Giantoy old in August it would release in the next few month. Lets see if it is true

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Does anyone know if this was ever released? And if so, did anyone else pick it up? I am in need of a few spare parts and just wondering if this one's turned up yet.

It is not released yet I also have it on order for kitbashing. Giantoy old in August it would release in the next few month. Lets see if it is true

Thank you, that's good to know!

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:
Valiarde wrote:

Thank you, that's good to know!

Kit is shipping this next week. So spare parts should be on ebay soon Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rats... perhaps I should have waited for this to come out...

Valiarde

Valiarde
Giantoy shipped mine today - will post pics once it arrives.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I haven't seen any loose parts available yet, but I'll be keeping an eye out for sure....

Valiarde

Valiarde
This is on video right now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_KwpwkXQ10

Well, totally forgot there are light up Lightsabers included, those are cool. The outfit does look nice too.
The heads, well, just look Razz

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Just checked out the video.... from a quick look it seems like an ok-ish copy of the cloth parts of the costume, and the plastic accessories. The leather tabarads are unfortunately not wired, which makes them hang kinda wonky and look cheap. The headsculpt seems like a decent KO of the HT, but the synthetic hair is indeed quite poufy. I am not sure if the head is the same one that is floating around ebay already that was being sold on its own, or a different one.  I guess the synthetic hair can always be trimmed to one's preferences, and/or removed altogether and re-haired with natural fibers, like what GF did on his recent custom Anakin.

Kinda curious what the underlying body is, I'm guessing it's nothing special, but wondering how generic they went or if it mimics the HT body at all.

ETA: I was skipping through the video quite quickly, so I missed the light up features initially. That's actually a WAY better light up solution than the stupid arm that the HT one comes with. In fact, I now want that lightsaber!

Valiarde

Valiarde
I also skipped rather quickly through the video. I saw that lightsabre technique before somehwere. It is definatly better than those arms from HT but there might still be a problem with having them the same intensity from one end to the other.
I've seen pics of custom sabres with that technology, where the lightsabres are very bright at the bottom and the very top and not so much in the middle. But I think it is a small price to pay here. Lets find out how these ones look in the dark...

And yeah, just saw Ians post, he did a far better job on the hairing. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:I also skipped rather quickly through the video. I saw that lightsabre technique before somehwere. It is definatly better than those arms from HT but there might still be a problem with having them the same intensity from one end to the other.
I've seen pics of custom sabres with that technology, where the lightsabres are very bright at the bottom and the very top and not so much in the middle. But I think it is a small price to pay here. Lets find out how these ones look in the dark...

And yeah, just saw Ians post, he did a far better job on the hairing. Smile

Oh good point, yeah it did seem like the actual light itself was a bit weak and didn't go all the way through the blade. :/

I'm just frustrated because I want light-up sabers but I honestly cannot be arsed with the inconveniences of having to switch out the arms. Especially since it's almost impossible to do it without risking breaking the hinges. Plus, half my figures are customs so I'd end up only with the official HT ones having the light-up blades, and then the rest would have to be photoshopped anyway. So at this point I've just given up and thought I'd just edit them in later so they all look uniform.

But it would still be cool to have a light-up blade that was easy to switch out for certain shots where it's just a single figure.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Indeed, the light up sabers is brilliant. Too bad Howard is too greedy to give collectors that option for all the over-priced HT figures. Now I wish I would have gotten one of these so as to not have to deal with those crappy swap out arms.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Alpha - NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum