OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Everyone! Personalized custom heads?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hello Everyone! Personalized custom heads? Empty Hello Everyone! Personalized custom heads? Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:47 am

freiheit1991

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and also very new to the whole world of scale figures!

I have a question about custom head sculpts attachable to phicen/tbleague/jiaou etc.

Are there people that create custom heads from scratch with pictures as references? For example if I want to create myself as a doll would someone do that kind of job? And where to find them?

I noticed on eBay you can buy 1:6 customizable heads made after photos you send them after you pay, but there are so many of these Chinese sellers and their price ranges from 150 to 500 dlls. The scary thing about those sellers is that all of them have the same sample photos and descriptions for their products, like copy/paste, also, they do not accept refunds. I do not trust them. Did anyone here have experience with these eBay custom heads sellers?

If anyone have information about trustworthy sculptor I would greatly appreciate the information.

Thanks
John

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hi Freiheit. I know as much as you do, apparently -- having seen the same type of advertisement. You can commission from specific head sculpts from specific artists, but the one whose name comes to mind, Peter the Painter, is now retired, I think.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hello, and welcome!

You can indeed commission personalised head sculpts, but I would choose a reputable 1/6 artist rather than an anonymous seller on ebay. Many 1/6 artists can be contacted via facebook or instagram. Some may do traditional sculpting by hand, but many nowadays will do a 3D sculpt that will then be printed for you. Commissioning custom head sculpts on a one-off basis can be very expensive, however, so bear that in mind. And not only might the sculpt itself be pricey, but you will then likely have to find a *different* 1/6 artist to paint it professionally, which will add to the overall costs. Some sculptors are also painters, but not all of them. So it is a very involved process, and can end up being quite expensive. I don't say this to discourage you, but just so you're aware of the reality of commissioning custom heads.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum