OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 SDH033 Female Head Sculpture-A, B, C three styles

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

Valiarde

Valiarde
A good HS to add some makeup around the eyes and make it smudge with teardrops for a very real sad face.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The hairstyle is cute in that last version, but the actual face is way too stylised to be of any interest for me.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I second Sky. My favorite is perhaps the second, with the shorter hair. But far too stylized for my taste or purposes.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
These are hitting Kewpie Doll territory for me. I’m sorry, but the creepy pedophile-like obsession of overly young looking girls combined with “sexy” clothing or Lolita-like dresses is really starting to make me think half of Asia needs to be monitored closely for child endangerment and sexual abuse.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 SDH033 Female Head Sculpture-A, B, C three styles C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:These are hitting Kewpie Doll territory for me. I’m sorry, but the creepy pedophile-like obsession of overly young looking girls combined with “sexy” clothing or Lolita-like dresses is really starting to make me think half of Asia needs to be monitored closely for child endangerment and sexual abuse.

Believe it or not, I had to look up "Kewpie Doll." I can see the association with the anime look, but not the rest. Nevertheless, I'm glad I'm not alone in finding some of these things that are supposed to be "sexy" rather cringe-inspiring, to put it mildly.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Even if I could ignore the potential creepiness (that others have noted) and ignore the overly cartoonish, porcelain doll style of these.
The primary reason I would never order one, is the Super Duck badge.
I've had enough of SD's ridiculous release estimates that they NEVER meet. By the time they release, I have no interest in that HS anymore, and have most likely gone with another brand for my build instead. It's a shame, because they do have a few nice HS/costume sets occasionally.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ghost808 wrote:
I've had enough of SD's ridiculous release estimates that they NEVER meet. By the time they release, I have no interest in that HS anymore, and have most likely gone with another brand for my build instead. It's a shame, because they do have a few nice HS/costume sets occasionally.

Totally agree. I have never bought a single Super Duck sculpt (or set, for that matter) because they are insanely slow at releasing them, and like you, I usually have found something else to use for whatever kitbash I was intending by that point.

csyeung

csyeung
These feel closer to those BJD heads in style.

Ghost808

Ghost808
csyeung wrote:These feel closer to those BJD heads in style.
Agreed. They look like those insanely expensive Obitsu BJDolls in the frilly dresses.

They are very pretty heads to be fair, but given most of my bashes are dystopian, military, sci-fi type stuff, there is no need for them. And as others have said, they are a little creepy.
The only use I could see, a while back, i wanted to do a blade runner style "kids expensive doll gone rogue". Like some spoiled rich kid's subservient replicant has had enough of tea parties and dress up, and joined the revolution. She's all cute face and big eyes, in her tattered frilly dress, but packing a rifle and knives now! The short hair one of these would fit that bill quite well.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:
Ghost808 wrote:

Totally agree. I have never bought a single Super Duck sculpt (or set, for that matter) because they are insanely slow at releasing them, and like you, I usually have found something else to use for whatever kitbash I was intending by that point.

Indeed. When SD go 'off-script' and produce less bland and more realistic sculpts than their usual fare, they're really nice. But their release schedule is glacial, pandemic or not. So much so that when I see their brand now, it needs to be something really special to make me even consider it.

I'm still waiting on their 'Russian Model' sculpt after almost a year. The 'Princess Mera' sculpt took around six months which I think is the fastest release they've ever done, and in the end I have to admit that one was worth it (although it was part of a set and they do seem to release those a little more quickly than individual sculpts).

That aside, these sculpts here really don't appeal anyway, for all the reasons already stated.

Diana

Diana
B could be used for a Sailor Mercury! Smile
But yeah, not likely that I'll ever get around to that. I do prefer realistic sculpts.
And I'm also still waiting on that Russian Model head. Rolling Eyes

Ghost808

Ghost808
Diana wrote:B could be used for a Sailor Mercury! Smile
But yeah, not likely that I'll ever get around to that. I do prefer realistic sculpts.
I'm also waiting on the Russian model head. I've been waiting so long for it, I forgot what it was called, and had no idea what head you folks were talking about! It wasn't until I looked at my order details I realized we were all waiting on the same thing! 😄

SD really need to speed things up!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ghost808 wrote:
I'm also waiting on the Russian model head. I've been waiting so long for it, I forgot what it was called, and had no idea what head you folks were talking about! It wasn't until I looked at my order details I realized we were all waiting on the same thing! 😄

Which one is that?

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 SDH033 Female Head Sculpture-A, B, C three styles C8485110

Diana

Diana
Stryker2011 wrote:
Ghost808 wrote:

Which one is that?
It's this one:
https://giantoy.com/products/1-6-super-duck-sdh025-russian-model-head-sculpt-h-suntan

The same one they used for their "Female Agent", aka Jill Valentine, as well as SET066 (Captain Marvel).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
HA! I’m waiting on that also for a long dreamed of project — though I have to change the hair color and style. Jeez, this sucks.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Let's march on SuperDuck HQ! Very Happy

Ghost808

Ghost808
GeeWillikers wrote:Let's march on SuperDuck HQ! Very Happy
I'll bring the pitchforks, you bring the fiery torches 😄

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Ghost808 wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:Let's march on SuperDuck HQ! Very Happy
I'll bring the pitchforks, you bring the fiery torches 😄

I'm happy with that arrangement. I can only ever find pitchforks in 1/12th scale. Neutral

Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That's the same head Super Duck are using for one of their Jill Valentine sets (also still not out):

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 SDH033 Female Head Sculpture-A, B, C three styles S-l16044

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum