OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: VSTOYS (18XG17) 1/6 Locomotive Girl Leather Set

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Xavion2004

My guess, based on no substance whatsoever, is that for some reason “Motorcycle” or “Biker” in Chinese somehow translates to “Locomotive” in English.

davidd

Xavion2004 wrote:My guess, based on no substance whatsoever, is that for some reason “Motorcycle” or “Biker” in Chinese somehow translates to “Locomotive” in English.

That would make logical sense. Both locomotives and motorcycles are sometimes referred to as the iron horse, so perhaps the Chinese terms for motorcycle and train engine are similar.

Xavion2004

Well, this just may not be meant to be. I was swapping around between the 12D, 23B, and Verycool 3.0 medium bust, and none of them really did it for me. I know I say that all the time about a new set or figure only to end up loving it after finding a way to make it work, so I think I’m just going to shelve this one for awhile until the right body falls into my lap. I’ve already spent too much on this figure. I’m not going to spend any more right now.

csyeung

Of all the pieces, I haven't found a use for the shirt. Hopefully you will find something that works, probably those cheapo xing type bodies may work.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004

If at first you don’t succeed…whine on the forum and then try again.

Back to the S12D. Definitely the right body for the pants. The trick seems to be to put the pants on first, then the shirt. Tuck the shirt into the pants but don’t fasten the snaps. This pulls the shirt down just enough from where it seems like it naturally wants to sit that the snaps should fasten.

Since I broke both snaps on this shirt and my replacement from China is still a few weeks away from arriving, I just sewed the shirt together with a few stitches where the snaps meet.

I think this is pretty much it, though. I doubt the replacement shirt will make much, if any, difference. I’m still not getting the same vibe I did from the promo pics, but everything seems to be on correctly. If I decide I’m happy with the figure overall, I may try a different head. I’m getting more of an “cosplayer dresses as Ada” vibe than an “Ada” vibe from this one.

vstoys - NEW PRODUCT: VSTOYS (18XG17) 1/6 Locomotive Girl Leather Set - Page 2 739-B99-C2-4-F01-4181-93-AE-749-DD8-BE69-EA

vstoys - NEW PRODUCT: VSTOYS (18XG17) 1/6 Locomotive Girl Leather Set - Page 2 76-B08440-4087-47-D5-BB18-B0-CE3-D73-B573

Diana

Diana
Holy cow those pants do look fantastic on that body! Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum