OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: JF STUFIOS: Children of Twilight Series A "Edward" 1/6 Action Figure

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

teamweapon

skywalkersaga wrote:
teamweapon wrote:
i reckon the best 2 vampire movies in recent history are
let the right one in
and
a girl walks home alone at night.
but thats just me

Not just you -- A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night is one of my top fave movies!!! Very Happy

pity her follow up movie was an absolute STINKAH!!!!! hehe

Eekumbokum

I didn't pay much attention to Robert Pattinson's acting ability when I was younger but when I saw him in Tenet he immediately became one of my favorite actors. I wonder if there are more head sculps of him since doing a 1/6 Neil would be pretty easy if you had a nice light suit or military gear.

Ovy

Vampires? I'm out, don't care if they are oldschool or newschool. But I enjoy reading your discussion. Very Happy

I guess that actor has tried a lot to drop the burden of being that popular vampire character. Just like Daniel Radcliffe trying to get rid of Harry Potter with playing a psychotic naked stable boy, a talking farting corpse, growing out horns, playing that young Russian doctor or having guns nailed to his hands.

I think the head would work well for an Astraverse character.

csyeung

I quite liked Pattinson in Tenet as well and I think he'll probably do well as the new Batman. Expect to see more sculpts after that releases, especially if it does well.

Radcliff is also doing the Weird Al biopic and looks nothing like the harry potter he once was haha.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, that's why I said he seems to be having a bit of a renaissance atm, because of the sudden increase in popularity due to the Batman role. No doubt there will be lots more sculpts since 1/6 companies seem to loooove churning out comic book film characters like no tomorrow.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:I guess that actor has tried a lot to drop the burden of being that popular vampire character. Just like Daniel Radcliffe trying to get rid of Harry Potter with playing a psychotic naked stable boy, a talking farting corpse, growing out horns, playing that young Russian doctor or having guns nailed to his hands.

Funny, although I might not have expressed it as articulately as this, I had the same impression of Pattison. Saw him in a movie about a bored, spoiled, business executive traveling around in a limousine all day and getting into all sorts of trouble. It was quite off-putting, so combined with Twilight, I am not really a fan of the actor -- which may be unfair, because the executive role was probably meant to come across exactly as it did, in which case he did his job very well.

Kallor8

This figure is a waayyy more rugged version than the one in the films, lol. Edward with a touch of wear and tear on him and even more Boreanaz in the pompadour. All vast improvements, really, I must say.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Let the Right One In (the Swedish version) was pretty wild, and better than the American version imho; it made more sense (I saw it after the American version, but it did fill in the plot holes).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: JF STUFIOS: Children of Twilight Series A "Edward" 1/6 Action Figure - Page 2 C8485110

teamweapon

Stryker2011 wrote:Let the Right One In (the Swedish version) was pretty wild, and better than the American version imho; it made more sense (I saw it after the American version, but it did fill in the plot holes).
yeah the remake was passable but no real need to be made haha.
Recently saw another great Swedish movie called "The innocents"
although im not sure it had the box office power to get remade, it was every bit as good as LTROI.

blackpool

blackpool
Very interesting thread!

I'm not a big fan of Pattinson, and I never went any further in the twilight series than 2/3 of the first movie (that was painful enough to my eyes, sorry in advance for the fans lol), but he got my attention in "The Devil all the time", with Tom Holland as well.

About Vampires movies and shows, I enjoy most of them, my preference goes to modern vampires because what always interest me is a realistic social structure and how it stays an underworld or secret society. True blood, the strain, even Buffy, all had some interesting ideas, just like Blade, Vampires, Underworld have some cool concepts and features despite being quite poor movies. I still enjoy the more "historical" movies, but I kinda prefer the depiction of a species through history and time rather than the adventures a lonely guy in his castle :p

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I didn’t care for the first Blade movie, but I thought 2 & 3 weren’t bad. I enjoyed the first Underworld quite a bit, since it was nothing more than a retelling of Romeo & Juliet, and the 2nd one wasn’t bad, but 3 sort of sucked, I barely remember 4 (was there 5 total?), and the 5th one was okay-ish. The wife and I actually liked the TV Buffy (the original movie sort of sucked) quite a bit, but I was disappointed in the ending. The Grim TV show we both thought was really cool, and much better than True Blood overall.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: JF STUFIOS: Children of Twilight Series A "Edward" 1/6 Action Figure - Page 2 C8485110

shazzdan

shazzdan
Stryker2011 wrote:The wife and I actually liked the TV Buffy (the original movie sort of sucked)
I thought it was great fun. How many other movies starred both Donald Sutherland and Rutger Hauer?

Diana

Diana
I loved Buffy. In 2004 I got an autograph signed by most of the season 3 cast as a farewell gift. And I had all the DVD box sets. I actually learned English much faster thanks to Buffy and the Scooby gang. Spike rocked. Drusilla was awesome!

I loved Angel (the series) as much. Beautiful character development. Wesley??? Amazing.

I've never even heard of The Grim. Shall look into it!

I admittedly saw all the Twilight movies and enjoyed them, having accepted them for what they are. That was enough for a life time though and I have zero motivation to get a figure. Laughing

Delanie

Delanie
Ok guys I admit it I was in 'team Edward' this figure looks a bit like the actor in the films when his character was in a bad mood. I'm not going to get this one.

With regard to the earlier comments I agree with Sky in that this is kind of eye candy for us girls as opposed to the scantily clad female figures vampirella perhaps ?

I do agree that the Anne Rice books were not my cup of tea and vampires should be truly terrifyingly powerful creatures however I also like the idea of a type of ecology.

Now my favourite set of books with Vampires is A discovery of witches Mathew de Clairmont please!

shazzdan

shazzdan
I have no problem with eye candy regardless of whether they are male or female. My problem is the portrayal of a vampire as an emasculated powder puff. Alexander Skarsgard's assessment was spot on when he called the Twilight vampires "cute".

Diana

Diana
Delanie wrote:Now my favourite set of books with Vampires is A discovery of witches Mathew de Clairmont please!

Ooh interesting! I saw the first season of the tv show and really liked it, but then I gave up my Sky subscription. I shall watch it on Prime when the third season drops. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum