OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 Sexy Ninja Girl [A B C Total 3 Models] (NO:SET073)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

MeMyself&I

Thanks for the pics Spartan06! I had to cancel my pre-order originally as some stuff came up financially, so I didn’t get any at release. I just last night ordered this version from giantoy. My logic is if I get use out of the head sculpt, then I got my money’s worth as parted out it’s the same price…

How do the eyes look, out of curiosity?

Spartan06

Wow, the eyes are much more detailed than I thought just from viewing them.  

They are brown with black pupils and a dark outline around the Iris, just like real eyes.  The Sclera has tiny red capillaries more pronounced in the corners that I wouldn't have seen without a magnifying glass.  There is light reddish-brown eyeliner and matching eyebrows, along with tiny upper and lower lashes that I again would not have seen without a magnifying glass.

Overall, the eyeballs have a realistic, glossy wet look to them, and the Pupils are highly reflective with a flashlight.  They appear evenly focused straight ahead.

These 1/6 scale figures continue to amaze me with the attention to detail.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Glad she worked out so well on the body you chose.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

MeMyself&I

Spartan06 wrote:Wow, the eyes are much more detailed than I thought just from viewing them.  

They are brown with black pupils and a dark outline around the Iris, just like real eyes.  The Sclera has tiny red capillaries more pronounced in the corners that I wouldn't have seen without a magnifying glass.  There is light reddish-brown eyeliner and matching eyebrows, along with tiny upper and lower lashes that I again would not have seen without a magnifying glass.

Overall, the eyeballs have a realistic, glossy wet look to them, and the Pupils are highly reflective with a flashlight.  They appear evenly focused straight ahead.
These 1/6 scale figures continue to amaze me with the attention to detail.

I was not expecting a deep dive on her eyes, but I am very happy you did so! The non-promo pics on ebay had me concerned for sure, but the again it is ebay. The part above that I put in bold underline was my biggest concern.

Giantoy has shipped mine. Here is hope the carrier get's it here without the help of the USPS. I will post pics once I have it (I will be figuring out which body as well...).

25NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 Sexy Ninja Girl [A B C Total 3 Models] (NO:SET073) - Page 2 Empty Mini-review Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:08 pm

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
I originally pre-ordered all three versions of this set because, to no one's surprise, favorite character. Some financial shenanigans happened and I had to cancel most of my pre-orders in general, including these. Things have stabilized and I was able to pick one up, version A in Blue, which arrived earlier in the week. The following will be some pics and a review while being as objective as possible. My "not so objective" thoughts will come at the very end.

Let me start by saying that what you get here is about what you expect of Super Duck. There are no surprises if you have bought their stuff before.

All told this cost $80ish on Giantoy and arrived fairly quickly. It comes in a nice little silver tin and is packed nicely inside in individual little baggies. There are no instructions, which is perfectly fine, but as Spartan06 mentioned, the arm guards are a bit unique in how they go on.

The overall quality I would give a 7.5 our of 10. Yes, that is the objective score from me. Realistically, what you pay for here is the head sculpt (more on that shortly) and the rest is bonus.

• The footwear is nice overall, but the elastic used to hold it on stretches fairly quickly, making it hard to keep things on snuggly

• The stockings are nice, and go on fairly easy with patience (I tried them on 3 different TBL bodies with no issues).

• The arm guards/bracers are weird to put on, but once on do their job decently well. See the photos below for how I put them on.

• The actual dress part is a VERY tight fit and is made of very soft, but delicate fabric. For some reason, SD is obsessed with everything being a pull over design. It was not easy to get it on over the S10D's shoulders, and in the process I did catch some of the fabric on some dry skin which in turn pulled it and made those little fabric ball things on the back. Not the end of the world, but it took putting it on once to damage it. Just make it where it closes in the front or side and that issue goes away and it doesn't cost anything extra. That all said, the logo is screen printed and very crisp, even the tiny kanji is clearly seen.

• The sword is simply trash. It looks cheap, is cheap, and if I don't break this thing I will be amazed at myself. I love the tsuka (handle) and it is the nicest part, but the blade is just lol!

• The head sculpt is very nicely painted, though there is one spot that seems to be a bit off on mine with paint with the sculpted hair, but no biggie. The eyes are nicely done, though she does come off as slightly cross-eyed in person, but photographs very well. The ponytail is basically the perfect color match. Her ribbon is clearly just cheap plastic, and would have been better served as fabric with wire. I am waiting to break it on mine.

• The biggest issue with this set is that the head sculpt is, as expected with SD, quite large. Massive even. It took a minute to really understand why too. The sculpted hair REALLY makes this head huge. Without the hair, it is probably only a little oversized but not so much it looks weird. However, I found that the head gave the impression of a being disproportionate to the S10D, slightly better with the S20A, actually quite nice with the S38A, and darn near perfect on the S52A. On the S07C, my favorite body for Kasumi, it is clearly too large IMO.

All things considered, i would call it a little over priced, but otherwise it is a solid set. Typical SD quality, and it works if you want something to play around with and do photo shoots with, which is exactly why I bought it.

Pictures (I apologize for my lighting, my lights died on me and I haven't bought replacements yet) :

She does photograph well I think. The smile with teeth is a bit odd though.
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 Sexy Ninja Girl [A B C Total 3 Models] (NO:SET073) - Page 2 Groupi11

All the bodies I put her on. S52A is the best IMO.
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 Sexy Ninja Girl [A B C Total 3 Models] (NO:SET073) - Page 2 Groupi10

S09C because my S07Cs are all being used. It looks photoshopped because of the lighting lol.
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 Sexy Ninja Girl [A B C Total 3 Models] (NO:SET073) - Page 2 S09c_c10

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 Sexy Ninja Girl [A B C Total 3 Models] (NO:SET073) - Page 2 Doal3012
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 Sexy Ninja Girl [A B C Total 3 Models] (NO:SET073) - Page 2 Doal3010
Stupid thing can bend even further...
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 Sexy Ninja Girl [A B C Total 3 Models] (NO:SET073) - Page 2 Doal3011

On the S10D compared to one that I am working on.
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 Sexy Ninja Girl [A B C Total 3 Models] (NO:SET073) - Page 2 Doal3112

The outfit helps with the head size issue
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 Sexy Ninja Girl [A B C Total 3 Models] (NO:SET073) - Page 2 Doal3110

Mine (S07C) with a WIP head sculpt VS this set on the S52A
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 Sexy Ninja Girl [A B C Total 3 Models] (NO:SET073) - Page 2 Doal3111

Buddies!
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 Sexy Ninja Girl [A B C Total 3 Models] (NO:SET073) - Page 2 Doal3113

My "not so objective" review: The head sculpt is the best part, but otherwise I am glad I didn't end up getting the other versions. This one is enough. Considering the bodies the head looks best on, and the overall quality of the outfit, I think "cosplayer" more than anything. The materials are good in some places, cheap and pointless in others. The color scheme is wrong with the silver (really, couldn't do white?), and the logo is overall too small (and the wrong Kanji, but I assume that was to avoid copyright).

TL;DR is "IconiQ, whose first born do I have to sell for you to make this series under license?"

Anyway, hope this review helps anyone on the fence! In the time being, I will continue to just make my own.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the review. For an anime head sculpt (which is not my thing), she is quite attractive in my opinion and I can see why you would consider this the best part of the set.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Looks good. Hope you plan to continue with your custom, though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 Sexy Ninja Girl [A B C Total 3 Models] (NO:SET073) - Page 2 1f10

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
No worries there Stryker, the custom is indeed continuing. In the process currently of adding hair for the head sculpt. Plus I have a second head sculpt and am working on the black outfit version as well.

Yeah, the head is the best part for sure, even if a bit oversized. She ended up on the S20A for me, which isn't perfect, but it does look decent. Below are some additional photos I managed to take (I convinced my lights to work one last time) on the body. It is a lot of fun to photograph I must say!

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 Sexy Ninja Girl [A B C Total 3 Models] (NO:SET073) - Page 2 Doal3310

Looks like she's dabbing lol
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 Sexy Ninja Girl [A B C Total 3 Models] (NO:SET073) - Page 2 Doal3410

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 Sexy Ninja Girl [A B C Total 3 Models] (NO:SET073) - Page 2 Doal3411

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 Sexy Ninja Girl [A B C Total 3 Models] (NO:SET073) - Page 2 Doal3412

Valiarde

Valiarde
That is some nice posing here. Looking cool

Diana

Diana
She looks really good. Especially the head is super cute! That last set of photos is gorgeous!
I am looking forward to seeing your version finished though. Smile

Now I am tempted once again to get an S53B. Your S52A looks beautiful!

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Excellent posing. Very effective.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 Sexy Ninja Girl [A B C Total 3 Models] (NO:SET073) - Page 2 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:She looks really good. Especially the head is super cute! That last set of photos is gorgeous!
Agree on all counts.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Diana wrote:She looks really good. Especially the head is super cute! That last set of photos is gorgeous!
I am looking forward to seeing your version finished though. Smile

Now I am tempted once again to get an S53B. Your S52A looks beautiful!

Thanks all! Having a good camera helps lol. Now to fix the lighting issues (batteries are not my friend right now).

Hopefully the custom is done in the next few weeks, along with a buddy Smile

Yeah, the S52A is really nice! It’s currently tagged for a different project though.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum