OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: SSR: custom series 1/6 Scale Red Hero (OSK Exclusive)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Features:

- Head sculpt

- TBLeague M35 figure body w/ full costume

- "Hidden arm effect" which didn't show in picture, we are not sure what is it right now

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: SSR: custom series 1/6 Scale Red Hero (OSK Exclusive) Wecha103
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: SSR: custom series 1/6 Scale Red Hero (OSK Exclusive) Wecha104
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: SSR: custom series 1/6 Scale Red Hero (OSK Exclusive) Wecha105

#newproduct #SSR #RedHero #male #comicbook-based

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Looks like it’s based n Alex Ross’ art. The uniform looks too be very well done, but although I get what they were going for, I don’t care for the head sculpt..

csyeung

csyeung
Yea, the suit and body looks nice, but the head sculpt looks a bit cartoony, esp if you are familiar with Alex Ross' artwork.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nicely done, from the looks of it. The stylized head doesn't work for me either.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
What's strange is that the other two SSR head sculpts are done amazingly well (based on the promo pics) while this one looks like it was deliberately done that way with those exaggerated caterpillar brows and the Alfred E. Neuman smile, not for lack of sculpting skill.
The bracers, or should i say forearm bandages look like W.I.P.
Anyway, props to SSR & OSK for bringing my most favorite Alex Ross-version character to 1/6 reality!

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
I like & PO the figure but will be adding an AFM touch to make it fit me needs.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
actionfiguremovies2 wrote: I like & PO the figure but will be adding an AFM touch to make it fit me needs.

We expect nothing less from you, Brother. Very Happy

He who dies with the most toys wins!

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: SSR: custom series 1/6 Scale Red Hero (OSK Exclusive) C8485110

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Stryker2011 wrote:
actionfiguremovies2 wrote: I like & PO the figure but will be adding an AFM touch to make it fit me needs.

Thanks brother. No pressure, right? I'm so blessed because i just loving working on these. I know I'm not alone on that.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:

Thanks brother. No pressure, right? I'm so blessed because i just loving working on these. I know I'm not alone on that.

Of course, no pressure. We just know you'll always want to work your magic and give each character your own touch.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: SSR: custom series 1/6 Scale Red Hero (OSK Exclusive) C8485110

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Stryker2011 wrote:
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:

Of course, no pressure. We just know you'll always want to work your magic and give each character your own touch.

You know me well....Thanks again.

blackpool

blackpool
Damn he really looks good! I love how they tried to go for Alex Ross's version!

About the eyebrows, he is actually depicted with big eyebrows depending on the artist at work... Could be to make him look a bit more different from Supes.

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: SSR: custom series 1/6 Scale Red Hero (OSK Exclusive) 9782845651562_cg

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: SSR: custom series 1/6 Scale Red Hero (OSK Exclusive) Shazam%2BPower%2Bof%2Bhope%2B%25282%2529

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Alex Ross is the best!
Yes the big brows and squinty eyes are Shazam's trademark.
Its just that the comics brows are shaped like a caret and placed well above the eyes
whereas the headsculpt's brows are predominantly straight in the frontal pic hence the caterpillar comment.
But i have to say it looks quite good in the 1st pic with the low-angle shot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum