OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Robyn and Liesel

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Robyn and Liesel Empty Robyn and Liesel Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:22 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Since I just had my second adventure with a Phicen Robyn Hood (but at least got a new head out of it), I thought this would be as good a time as any to shown off my semi-kitbashed versions of Robyn and Liesel Van Helsing.

Robyn has her original head, bracers, hands, boots and accessories.  I actually had an all-original Robyn put together, but I added what I was able to salvage from this last one.  I posted a very similar version a few months ago in the other thread.

Liesel has her orignal weapons (of course the pleather straps immediately disintegrated), but everything else was pieced together. I consider both to be a perpetual work in process since I’m always looking for items that can be upgraded.  There’s a picture of the original Phicens below along with Dante.

Robyn and Liesel C2ab6610

Robyn and Liesel 17af7210

2Robyn and Liesel Empty Re: Robyn and Liesel Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:53 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I know how troubled you were by the pleather letting you down, but I think your new versions are nicer upgrades.

3Robyn and Liesel Empty Re: Robyn and Liesel Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:49 am

Diana

Diana
I really like your versions better. Of course the original designs of the figures look more flashy and all, comic book style, but yours are more believable and they look like a team, which I'm a big fan of. Smile

4Robyn and Liesel Empty Re: Robyn and Liesel Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:56 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
You’re upgrades are honestly better than the originals. They look good.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Robyn and Liesel C8485110

5Robyn and Liesel Empty Re: Robyn and Liesel Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:06 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very nice outfits! I like the alternative head for your Liesel-character. Somewhat the big top hat fits the headsculpt very nicely.  Robyn and Liesel 1f44d

6Robyn and Liesel Empty Re: Robyn and Liesel Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:49 am

Illusion

Illusion
Randam Hajile wrote:Very nice outfits! I like the alternative head for your Liesel-character. Somewhat the big top hat fits the headsculpt very nicely.  Robyn and Liesel 1f44d

agree!
love this head (should have gotten more hair colours of it, I guess) and it fits in perfectly.
cool steampunk vibes.
and a believable team

7Robyn and Liesel Empty Re: Robyn and Liesel Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:44 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Your versions have much better vibes than the originals by far. Top hat lady lloks super classy.

8Robyn and Liesel Empty Re: Robyn and Liesel Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:31 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Thanks everyone.   This was a real departure for be because a) I had only been buying boxed figures and sets, and b) I’ve always been fixated with characters having “comic accurate” costumes and details.  It was fun though, and I’m really happy that they were received well.

I think this was the fourth head I bought specifically for Liesel, and the only one that actually works for me.  Finding a non-Asian head sculpt (she’s from Victorian Era England) with black hair and light eyes isn’t as easy as it might sound.  Also, I wanted to get her character right.  This is one of my favorite Liesel quotes (as a narrator):

I’ve been killing vampires for nearly 200 years, and yes, thank you.  I do look quite ravishing for my age, don’t I?

That’s pretty much sums up her lifetime(s) of experience, her self confidence, and her good natured sense of humor.  It’s not easy to find all of that in a head sculpt!

I’ve also thought about changing up her outfit. Even though I did a pretty good job of approximating her  “official” look, there are so many different elements there.  I might prefer something a little more streamlined in the future, but I think I’ll just leave her as is for now.

A couple of you mentioned the “team” concept which I enjoy as well, especially since they are close friends and do often work together.  The only problem is that the next character I want to work on is Brittany Waters, aka Red (Riding Hood).  Stylistically, she would be very similar, but she would be, well…red.  Would she still fit in with these two?

9Robyn and Liesel Empty Re: Robyn and Liesel Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:33 am

Diana

Diana
Xavion2004 wrote:A couple of you mentioned the “team” concept which I enjoy as well, especially since they are close friends and do often work together.  The only problem is that the next character I want to work on is Brittany Waters, aka Red (Riding Hood).  Stylistically, she would be very similar, but she would be, well…red.  Would she still fit in with these two?

If you stay true to your personal style, then that's what will bind them together. I'm not worried. Wink

10Robyn and Liesel Empty Re: Robyn and Liesel Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:16 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Team colors really never mattered to me. Take a look at the colorful outfits of the comic book X-Men and Justice League (not the movie versions). The outfits were a rainbow of colors and what mattered was their unity and purpose to achieve a goal.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Robyn and Liesel C8485110

11Robyn and Liesel Empty Re: Robyn and Liesel Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:57 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
This forum is full of inspirations ! I searched for pictures in the net to every fantasy character i see here. So much wonderful artwork and comics. Your Girls are fantastic. Tahnks for showing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum