OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: ADDTOYS - 1/6 CIVET GIRL (Civet Woman) Action Figure AD-010

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Diana

Diana
ADDTOYS: 1/6 CIVET GIRL ( Civet Woman ) Action Figure AD-010
1. Rubber body * 1
2. Head carved *1
3. Headgear * 1
4. Gloved hand * 6
5. Normal Hands * 2
6. Clothing *1
7. Belt *1
8. Bracers * 2
9. Boots *2
10. Whip *1
11. Backpack *1
12. Cat *1
13. Base *1

NEW PRODUCT: ADDTOYS - 1/6 CIVET GIRL (Civet Woman) Action Figure AD-010      0165
NEW PRODUCT: ADDTOYS - 1/6 CIVET GIRL (Civet Woman) Action Figure AD-010      0269
NEW PRODUCT: ADDTOYS - 1/6 CIVET GIRL (Civet Woman) Action Figure AD-010      0366
NEW PRODUCT: ADDTOYS - 1/6 CIVET GIRL (Civet Woman) Action Figure AD-010      0465
NEW PRODUCT: ADDTOYS - 1/6 CIVET GIRL (Civet Woman) Action Figure AD-010      0564
NEW PRODUCT: ADDTOYS - 1/6 CIVET GIRL (Civet Woman) Action Figure AD-010      0663
NEW PRODUCT: ADDTOYS - 1/6 CIVET GIRL (Civet Woman) Action Figure AD-010      0761
NEW PRODUCT: ADDTOYS - 1/6 CIVET GIRL (Civet Woman) Action Figure AD-010      0860
NEW PRODUCT: ADDTOYS - 1/6 CIVET GIRL (Civet Woman) Action Figure AD-010      0959
NEW PRODUCT: ADDTOYS - 1/6 CIVET GIRL (Civet Woman) Action Figure AD-010      1055
NEW PRODUCT: ADDTOYS - 1/6 CIVET GIRL (Civet Woman) Action Figure AD-010      1154
NEW PRODUCT: ADDTOYS - 1/6 CIVET GIRL (Civet Woman) Action Figure AD-010      1248
NEW PRODUCT: ADDTOYS - 1/6 CIVET GIRL (Civet Woman) Action Figure AD-010      1342

csyeung

csyeung
The material they used looks to be a bit thick on the figure. Maybe they used real leather? In any case I think the costume looks baggy on her. Are these the same guys that did that silver surfer?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:The material they used looks to be a bit thick on the figure. Maybe they used real leather? In any case I think the costume looks baggy on her. Are these the same guys that did that silver surfer?
ADD Toys did a couple of Wolverines and Khal Drogo for sure (I've reviewed both here), don't remember much of the rest, but yes, they did Silver Surfer too. They do have their own seamless male body, but while it is nicely sculpted and is given some fine detail (like painted-on hair -- but only on the parts they expect you to leave exposed), it is difficult to flex, pose, and balance, very much inferior in those respects to TBLeague and even Jiaou. The Silver Surfer body was a variant of the usual one, with seamless ankles and kinda emasculated, for obvious reasons.

As for this product, I'm lost... part of me is thinking it is a poor likeness of Halle Berry as Catwoman, but there are so many new things I have not seen, it may very well be someone else.

davidd

davidd
Isn't a civet a skunk? https://www.ncwildlife.org/Learning/Species/Mammals/Spotted-skunk

A civet is also a mongoose-like creature found in Africa and Asia: https://fantasticwildlife.com/what-is-a-civet/

The character is probably named after the slinky mongoose rather than the stinky skunk, huh?

peanutsinspace

peanutsinspace
Interesting name choice for this figure and who it's supposed to represent.

I don't think it looks like Zoe Kravitz at all.

NEW PRODUCT: ADDTOYS - 1/6 CIVET GIRL (Civet Woman) Action Figure AD-010      MCDBATM-WB069-ZK

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
peanutsinspace wrote:Interesting name choice for this figure and who it's supposed to represent.

I don't think it looks like Zoe Kravitz at all.
Well, at least that explains why it didn't look like Halle Berry... Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This is pretty bad….

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: ADDTOYS - 1/6 CIVET GIRL (Civet Woman) Action Figure AD-010      C8485110

davidd

davidd
Stryker2011 wrote:This is pretty bad….

So you're suggesting... it stinks? Like a skunk? Or... a civet? Razz

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
davidd wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:This is pretty bad….

So you're suggesting... it stinks? Like a skunk? Or... a civet? Razz

NEW PRODUCT: ADDTOYS - 1/6 CIVET GIRL (Civet Woman) Action Figure AD-010      1on

NEW PRODUCT: ADDTOYS - 1/6 CIVET GIRL (Civet Woman) Action Figure AD-010      C8485110

Diana

Diana
I actually really like this!
I didn't know who she is supposed to be, though I guessed it might be a cat woman from the new Batman. I like the suit and that it doesn't sit tight as a skin on this seamless body, which I'm hoping will at least be a Jiaou, which would be my first.

I also like the look of the head, even though it's clearly flawed.
The cat is cute. I'm tempted.

But seeing the missing foot pegs on that body makes me think I won't be able to play with the parts, give the boots to a TBL, so I'll pass. Neutral

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:I actually really like this!
I didn't know who she is supposed to be, though I guessed it might be a cat woman from the new Batman. I like the suit and that it doesn't sit tight as a skin on this seamless body, which I'm hoping will at least be a Jiaou, which would be my first.

I also like the look of the head, even though it's clearly flawed.
The cat is cute. I'm tempted.

But seeing the missing foot pegs on that body makes me think I won't be able to play with the parts, give the boots to a TBL, so I'll pass. Neutral
The white plastic neck peg definitely suggests Jiaou, but the missing ankle and wrist pegs are a mystery. Remember, ADD Toys made their own male seamless bodies (you liked the Wolverine one when I did a hillbilly Ben with it), and they may have made a female one for this product. The pegs were plastic there too.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Oof! I reckon Ms Kravits wouldn't be too happy with this representation!?!

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:The white plastic neck peg definitely suggests Jiaou, but the missing ankle and wrist pegs are a mystery. Remember, ADD Toys made their own male seamless bodies (you liked the Wolverine one when I did a hillbilly Ben with it), and they may have made a female one for this product. The pegs were plastic there too.
Good point, though if IIRC the body was pretty stiff, no?
The physique looks nice and not like the typical Jiaou. The missing pegs really are the killer here. I want the option of swapping things around.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m guessing it would have to have pegs, or you won’t be able to swap out the hands.

Diana

Diana
Stryker2011 wrote:I’m guessing it would have to have pegs, or you won’t be able to swap out the hands.
Good point. I just assumed it would be a different system, but the hands don't appear to have pegs either. So it seems someone was overly eager with the photo editing. Resistance is crumbling again...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:Good point, though if IIRC the body was pretty stiff, no?
The physique looks nice and not like the typical Jiaou. The missing pegs really are the killer here. I want the option of swapping things around.
Correct, the ADD male seamless body (for the Wolverines and the Khal Drogo, at any rate), was somewhat stiff, rickety, effectively limited in articulation, and difficult to balance.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I don't think that's a Jiaou body, not unless they've hired a new design team who have a better idea of what a real female body could actually look like (which I highly doubt).

I like the sculpt - agreed it bears very little resemblance to the actress, but that's actually a plus for me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum